School boy error after only 250 miles!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Re: School boy error after only 250 miles!

Post by haildamage »

Cracksta wrote:Hi all,

since reading this and never had an issue I actually got the same this morning but probably figured out why.

I parked my bike up at work, idle stop kicked in, i normally then turn the key off but i just got off to give it a re-tweak at the parking, touched the throttle and the bike came alive. I was very surprised, pushed down on the seat to let idle kick in and it idled, hit the throttle and it woke up again!

So had a look around and noticed my seat wasnt closed properly, i can open it up without using the button, so I think this is what casused the idle to be pressed down. I closed the seat and presto, it wont wake up from idle unless i put weight on the seat.

So this is probably whats causing all these other issues with unexpected starts.
i just always am sure to turn the bike off now. it is tempting not too as i have to turn it on and off twice to get my cheapie honda alarm not to come on when i turn it on, but it is advisable to turn it off!
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Re: School boy error after only 250 miles!

Post by Cracksta »

yep, i do turn mine off too but on the rare occassion i get off before i turn it off.