Check Engine Light

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

wibblet
Year: 2015
Color: white

Check Engine Light

Post by wibblet »

Hey guys,

I've had my 2015 pcx 150 for a little over a year now and it has given me no problems whatsoever. I changed the oil 3 times and I didn't use it for a couple of days since I was using my car and one day I went to turn it on to go for a ride and the bike won't start. The check engine light is on but it doesn't flash, it's just solid. I misplaced my manual so I can't check what it means and I've googled the problem but have come up short. The stand is up and the idle switch isn't on so it's not usual suspect of the issue so I'm not sure what it is. The oil was changed 2000 miles ago and I see no signs of leaking. Could this be something with the battery? I'm going to take it to a shop but I just wanted to get your opinions first because it might be something easy I'm not thinking of, thank you for your time.
Attachments
20160729_171540.jpg
20160729_171540.jpg (61.23 KiB) Viewed 8796 times
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Check Engine Light

Post by chicaboo »

If you've been self servicing without doing the post service handshake, the scoot probably thinks it's well overdue for a service and has thrown the CEL.
I don't know what this handshake procedure is. But it's usually hold down the odometer reset button for 10 seconds with the ignition at start or something?
Did you do the valve clearance check at 1000 and 4000 kilometers? It's probably worth taking it to a dealer for that alone as it's a fiddly time consuming job.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

pulled my 2013 bike out of storage the other day
would not start
the kill switch had been flipped
ie the red button
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

He doesn't have a red kill switch, since he mentions he has an idle stop switch instead.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Looking at the manual, the steady(non-blinking) MIL shoes "faulty ECM" (controller). The manual describes "Engine stalls, hard to start, rough idling, does not hold the self-diagnosis data". Looks like it's time for a mechanic with a scan tool (MCS).
wibblet
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by wibblet »

It's not the kill switch and I went out of town this weekend and I just got home and gave it a try and it turned on. Going to have to take it to the shop to see what's going on. Thanks for the replies!