missing on top

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

chet
Year: 2013
Color: red

missing on top

Post by chet »

purchased my PCX last summer ran great, i take it out last month, running good then i get out on the highway and i notice it seems to have a miss when i am wide open, if i back off about 1/8 throttle it seems to smooth-en out, last year the bike would hit just a tad over 70, this year 66 is tops. starts perfect ect.

Chet
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: missing on top

Post by homie »

Note your top speeds with a speedometer app on the same run under the same wind conditions once in a while if trying to establish any deterioration of performance. It's to easy for your imagination to be wrong after becoming a more confident PCX rider and feel under powered. Sounds like you are hitting the rev limiter, something that always makes a new PCX owner suspect a problem.
chet
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: missing on top

Post by chet »

so a member says hitting the rev limiter, so that i find out is correct, SO this would mean being the tires are the same dia, and they are, it would be somewhere in the clutch not going all the in for the most speed or the belt not getting near the top or belt wear. where is the best place to start

Chet