Aux Lights added ?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

vader1701
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Aux Lights added ?

Post by vader1701 »

I want to add some aux lights to my daughters new PCX 2013 but not sure where to put them. Any ideas and any pics etc??
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Re: Aux Lights added ?

Post by Mel46 »

There have been multiple threads on this subject. The biggest question has been whether the charging system can handle some of the lights that are available. I wired mine through a switch that I put on my handlebars, and straight to the battery. I then put a large safety pin through the switch so that kids would not be temped to turn them on and run down the battery. Here is a picture of one of our bikes (we have two 2013 models).
Freddi's_bike_fixed_small.jpg
Freddi's_bike_fixed_small.jpg (217.85 KiB) Viewed 994 times
Note the side lights beside the front wheel. They are LED, and made by KAWELL. I hope this is a little bit of help. You have to replace the side reflectors down there with long bolts with lots of locknuts. I did some additional things to mine, but that is the basic concept. I followed Maddiedog's lead on this one, like many others.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
vader1701
Color: Black

Re: Aux Lights added ?

Post by vader1701 »

You know that's a good point on the charging system. I was looking at some CREE LED lights that I put on my Silverwing. Now that's a different bike and I didn't consider the load to the charging system. When I figure out what I am going to do I will post also. Thank you for the response.