where is the dummy?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

where is the dummy?

Post by homie »

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: where is the dummy?

Post by honkerman »

crash test? Really? it's more a test of what happens to a bike/scooter that gets hit when parked. Stupid...just utterly stupid. I echo your question, Why!?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Are there government standards to meet? Maybe the insurance industry needs the data, too? Hard to say. It's not a "hit while parked" test, though. Notice the bikes are propped (you can see the prop fall away). The data must be good either way. Much easier to use the bullet-car then to have to make the bike travel at speed, repeatably and reliably on the same line, etc. Neat stuff. I know some guys that work in the (four-wheel vehicle) impact lab. Scary stuff in their shops.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Oh I get that it doesn't matter if the car hits the front of the bike or visa-versa but I always thought crash testing was how a vehicle protects a human... where's the dummy? Are they trying to establish standards for projectiles off the column, forks, cowlings and any possible rupture to a fuel tank? I mean that would make some sense. However wouldn't you want to see the results of the dummies injuries if you are going to waste a perfectly new bike
Attachments
question.jpg
question.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 520 times
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

I don't know what data they're after. Must be bike-only data? I'd like to see exploding dummies mounted on the bikes!