General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jockay
Year: 2019 Forza 300
Color: Blue

Post by Jockay »

Hi from Central Scotland.

I have been following the forum for a good few months now and avidly studied the various posts prior to and after purchasing a nearly new 2014 (64) plated Forza 300 and have now decided to join the forum.

I have had many traditional motorcycles and scooters over the years but prefer maxi scooters and although I still would like a motorcycle being the wrong side of 65 I find maxi scooters are much more user friendly especially having owned and ridden a number of scoots over the last twenty years or so namely :- A Burgman 650 / a Burgman 400 / a T Max / a BMW C1 / a Piaggio 250 / a Kymco Downtown 300i / a Silverwing / a SW FES 125 / a Majesty 400 / a PCX 125.

I had a loaned Forza 300, a couple of years or so ago, whilst my scooter was in for a service however I really did not enjoy the experience at the time and was glad to get back onto my SW125. This put me off the Forza 300 however it was not until I started reading the Forum (When I had my PCX) that I learned to appreciate the Forza 300 a lot more and when a vg used one came up for sale earlier this year I decided to road test it and was very impressed - so much so I bought it.

It was so different from the loaned Forza which made me realise that there must have been something wrong with the loaned one which annoyed me a bit because I then realised I could have been enjoying the Forza for for a lot longer had I known how good they are.

The Forza 300 is one of the best scoots I have owned if not the best all rounder - It does everything that I require, I like the service intervals/ schedule and the mpg return is very good too.

Initially I found the riding position to be uncomfortable as I felt I was hanging on to the bars and leaning backwards too much however I just rotated the bars forward a few degrees and this sorted the problem

Also I hate wind blast and wind noise so once again I studied up all of the posts on screens before I finally decided upon another Givi Airflow which I must say I find totally suited to myself and the Forza and makes the riding experience so much more enjoyable.
Leafeh
Year: 2015 PCX125
Color: Black

Re: New member

Post by Leafeh »

Hi Jockay,

Welcome to the forum! Seems as if you'll have a fair amount to share and contribute in this forum.

Cheers,
Leafeh
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Hi Jockay...welcome...so thats now two of us from Central Scotland..where abouts are you? I am in Stirling...
Mine is silver grey as well and I am sure I saw a silver grey one disappearing into the distance last week...so could have been yourself?
manseated

Post by manseated »

Hi Jockay i just bought a 2015 Forza and seeing your vast experience and that you purchased one also gives me a fair amount of added confidence that i made a wise choice. I too am on the wrong side of 60 and after deciding to go two wheels, practicality finally won out over sexiness and performance — no double entendre intended. I took my first semi-extended ride today and agree that the stock windscreen is barely adequate at freeway speeds. My outing was a combination of clogged up southern California freeways, with a minimal amount of lane-splitting since i'm brand new to the machine, and a more deserted freeway stretch where i could let Forza stretch its legs a bit and reached 60mph easily — though feeling pretty buffeted by wind. I didn't feel 'squirrelly' at all though, which was awesome. Handled great and i think i'm going to be happier with each passing day that i did not buy an automobile as my vehicle
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Welcome Jockay from the USA. I haven't been in the forum very long myself. I've been riding for years and currently ride a 2014 Forza and a big old American motorcycle. I enjoy them both for different riding experiences. Glad to have you aboard. Look forward to your posts.