Got my PCX150 reserved today!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tristik
Regular User
Regular User

Got my PCX150 reserved today!

Post by Tristik »

I've been bugging my local shop every week or so about when they are going to get them in. Today I decided to ask if they do reservations for new bikes. His response: "we do and you probably should if you want one. There are nine people on the to call list, but no one has put money down yet."

He was cool enough to let me put down 300 now and 200 more next week (min deposit is 500 normally). So, aas soon as they come in the door, I go in to apply for financing.

Total cost including tax, title, etc: 3842 USD

Should be in by mid-August. :)
lactic

Re: Got my PCX150 reserved today!

Post by lactic »

Congrats, have you decided on a colour yet?
Image Image
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

If there's a big wait and not much supply it could be any colour that comes in! Do you have the 4 colours that we have her? Red, Grey, Black and White?
Tristik
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Tristik »

US only gets black or red. The red looks darker than the ones I've seen from other countries though. Dunno why that is. The red is more of a maroon or burgundy than a bright red.

Originally I had my heart set on the red one, but the chrome parts almost look out of place on it. Looks like only the handlebars, front fork, and pegz are chrome. Makes it look a little odd. I will probably take whatever they get and, if I get a choice of color, it will be a snap/emotion choice.
Tristik
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Tristik »

Dunno why my edit button disappeared, but I posted a pic of the red US 150 in the "best colour pcx?" thread on the first page of the general board
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

You can edit for the first 10 minutes after posting, then the post stays the same for eternity. It's to prevent bait-and-switch tactics, which was a problem on the other forum...

Here's the pic: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=431#p5865

I like the red the best out of the 150cc colors. The blue's not doing it for me, I don't like it too much. The black's nice too, but given how much the sun heats up my black seat here in Atlanta, GA, the thought of the whole bike being black sounds like conditions for heat stroke to me. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Tristik
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Tristik »

~~
After looking at Honda's official site, it appears that pic I posted is just photo-trickery. It IS the bright red you see in other pics, but as someone else on the forums mentioned, the color appears to darken significantly in low light/shade.

Shame, I'd have preferred a more maroon color, but still want the Red one. I will, however, take the Black if that is all they get in. My preference to the red is a small preference, heh.
~~