Anyone servicing their Forza?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Anyone servicing their Forza?

Post by fish »

I look here most days to see pix & info of folks posting DIY servicing of their Forzas - but I usually draw a blank.

Is it the time of year in N. America & Europe, or the build quality of these Forzas ?

I changed the gear oil, and have done several engine oil changes, added a battery tender and blacked out the wind screen, firmed the shock pre-load one notch.

Getting a little bit excited at the prospect of replacing the spark plug (when will NGK or Denso release an Iridium alternative?)

And have stared down there in the dark netherlands - where the deflated seat lifter lives......or, more accurately, died.
(That might be my only complaint about this scooter. Honda designed a severely sloping under seat storage area - and then compounded the agro by 1) leaving it dark down there - 2) designing a seat that opens only 45 degrees - 3) AND tosses in a non working gas lifter. Please set fire to the desks of the 3 guys in Tokyo whose design project this was. Honda should add an 18" piece of Thai bamboo to the 2015 models...with a nice little velcro strap to hold it in place. Leave out the piece of foam in the tool kit.....to off-set the added production costs.)
And just a IMHO:This is a GREAT 3.5 season jacket. The ICON PATROL RAIDEN. Solid, safe, well made, high viz in this color, full complement of Field Armor™ and presently at closeout prices! Probably a little too flash for our moist Brits & others .....Still.

Revzilla and ebay have them in 3 colors.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon ... oof-jacket
Mine arrived in the post yesterday - the thing is heavy and flamingly gorgeous - very impressed with it. It is quite a step up from my entry level FistGear meshtex hi viz summer weight jacket that I've ridden with for 2 years.
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Anyone servicing their Forza?

Post by gn2 »

With 8000 miles or a year service interval and 16000 miles between valve checks and drive belt changes, there just isn't that much servicing to do.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:I look here most days to see pix & info of folks posting DIY servicing of their Forzas - but I usually draw a blank.

Is it the time of year in N. America & Europe, or the build quality of these Forzas ?

I changed the gear oil, and have done several engine oil changes, added a battery tender and blacked out the wind screen, firmed the shock pre-load one notch.

Getting a little bit excited at the prospect of replacing the spark plug (when will NGK or Denso release an Iridium alternative?)

And have stared down there in the dark netherlands - where the deflated seat lifter lives......or, more accurately, died.
(That might be my only complaint about this scooter. Honda designed a severely sloping under seat storage area - and then compounded the agro by 1) leaving it dark down there - 2) designing a seat that opens only 45 degrees - 3) AND tosses in a non working gas lifter. Please set fire to the desks of the 3 guys in Tokyo whose design project this was. Honda should add an 18" piece of Thai bamboo to the 2015 models...with a nice little velcro strap to hold it in place. Leave out the piece of foam in the tool kit.....to off-set the added production costs.)
And just a IMHO:This is a GREAT 3.5 season jacket. The ICON PATROL RAIDEN. Solid, safe, well made, high viz in this color, full complement of Field Armor™ and presently at closeout prices! Probably a little too flash for our moist Brits & others .....Still.

Revzilla and ebay have them in 3 colors.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon ... oof-jacket
Mine arrived in the post yesterday - the thing is heavy and flamingly gorgeous - very impressed with it. It is quite a step up from my entry level FistGear meshtex hi viz summer weight jacket that I've ridden with for 2 years.
Fish

Moist? You are probably right (but not in the rude way)
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

One of the reasons I am looking at the Forza is that service should be easier, cheaper and less often then my Burgman. I too check to see what if any complaints come up on the Forza. So far the only thing seems to be the seat strut issue{and the fuel pump which Honda did a recall on}.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

And sticky calipers and leaky waterpump mechanical seals and short legroom.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

gn2 wrote:And sticky calipers and leaky waterpump mechanical seals and short legroom.
I had not heard of the "sticky calipers" or "leaky waterpump" problems - were these recalled or simply issues some are having?

I have not had the chance to sit on one yet but in looking at it I think it will fit me fine{average height}. Also I would prefer to be a little cramped then have my legs hanging.