Handle bars.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Drifter
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13
Color: red

Handle bars.

Post by Drifter »

Has any one changed the bars, im looking at superbike bars that are lower and not swept back as much to help getting off the camel hump.... :roll:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Handle bars.

Post by you you »

Drifter wrote:Has any one changed the bars, im looking at superbike bars that are lower and not swept back as much to help getting off the camel hump.... :roll:

Is superbike bars a brand?
Drifter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Drifter »

No, its the shape and size. Alot of folks back in the 70s, 80s put them on Kawasaki Z-1s Gs Suzukis and other bikes that came with pcx style bars.
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Post by chainsaw »

Im using these bars http://japan.webike.net/products/1757524.html i tried the lower version but had issue with the throttle cable hitting the bodywork and had to modify the brakelines as well. On full lock the straighter style bars will clash with the screen as well.
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by vamootsman »

I pulled my bars off the scoot, clamped them in a vise, and used a bicycle frame straightening/bending tool to bend them forward and away from me (gave them less sweep), and it helped alot, but didn't get them lower. Happy with the results though. The bars I had ordered to get things lower and with less sweep were too wide for the length of the cables and too low to clear the body work so ended up being money down the drain. They are EMGO Street handle bars. They have others that may work though.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S
Drifter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Drifter »

I ordered a superbike bar off fleebay, i looked at the design of the scoot...i think if i rotate the throttle cable housing up it will clear will find out in a few days. I guess honda never considered that one bar does not fit all! :roll:
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

vamootsman wrote:I pulled my bars off the scoot, clamped them in a vise, and used a bicycle frame straightening/bending tool to bend them forward and away from me (gave them less sweep), and it helped alot, but didn't get them lower. Happy with the results though. The bars I had ordered to get things lower and with less sweep were too wide for the length of the cables and too low to clear the body work so ended up being money down the drain. They are EMGO Street handle bars. They have others that may work though.
I like that bending idea vamootsman 8) I tried a couple "street bars" but they both sucked. My mountain bike bar/stem mod is so awesome though. :D