A Quality Massive Locking Cover?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

A Quality Massive Locking Cover?

Post by Valiant »

Ever since I've had my Honda OEM top box installed, my cover tends to stick up a bit around the ass end, and doesn't completely cover the PCX:

The cover in the picture is a Nelson-Rigg Falcon Defender 2000 XL, which is stated to be for liter bikes and cruisers with windshields and other accessories. My previous cover was a Dowco Guardian Weatherall Large, which was roughly the same size, but had an obnoxious problem of fraying at the ends if you so much as look at it funny. It's only 3 months old and was coming apart at the end and left strands of fabric just hanging on.

It would be easy to just yank off the top box until I need it, but I generally find it has enough utility that I use it almost every time, so I'd prefer to just get a cover that works.

I'm not 100% sure if getting a 2XL for the Nelson-Rigg cover would be enough, even though they state that it's meant for full size tourers with saddlebags and tail trunks, because it looks like I need another 6 inches of length to cover that bare ass.

A good locking cover is a must, because I had parked my PCX next to a group of young punks outside the local Popeyes for 5 minutes, and evidently one of them felt obligated to spit on my top box :x . That, and we get plenty of rain here all throughout the year.
yak
Minister of Magic
Minister of Magic
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: A Quality Massive Locking Cover?

Post by yak »

You could make this a 2-part cover by purchasing a cheap tarp. Cut the tarp to size. Cut a hole in the tarp and put the box thru the hole. Then the top of the tarp is lying on the seat and the bottom is on the ground. You could even roll the bike wheel over the ends of the tarp.
Don't even buy a tarp. Find a neighbor who has one sitting in the garage.
This is not an elegant solution.... but it buys you time to decide what to do... and it lets you keep the cover you already bought.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: A Quality Massive Locking Cover?

Post by Valiant »

Erm, I think I'll chance the 2X Large cover. Sounds like less of a pain.

Kinda of makes me wonder what the Forza owners do if they get a top box.