Honda PCX 2015 advertisement

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Honda PCX 2015 advertisement

Post by pcxpower »

I have just read some advertisement for the new PCX and I thought that perhaps it would be interesting to share it with other PCX enthusiasts :D :D :D :D :D

If you think that it would be a good idea, perhaps you could take a picture of a local ad for this scooter, so that we can compare the marketing Honda uses in each market? If your local language is not English, which is the "official" language in this forum, you can translate it so that we all can understand it? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

In Spain, as you can read in this ad, they insist on:

* Technologically bold
* 1st. scooter in the world with full LED lighting (better economy and visibility - safety)
* Extremely low fuel consumption (2 liters needed to travel 100 kms)
* Environmentaly friendly
* Idle Stop: less emissions and it starts automatically when we twist the throttle

And at the bottom, they say something like:

More relaxed streets, cleaner cities. The future of urban driving begins today with the new Honda PCX 125. Best in technology. Best in economy of use. Best in comfort. New Honda PCX 125, technology that defines the future.

Let's hope that you can post some ads from your country, as we would really LOVE to have a look at them! :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Honda PCX 2015 advertisement

Post by you you »

pcxpower wrote:I have just read some advertisement for the new PCX and I thought that perhaps it would be interesting to share it with other PCX enthusiasts :D :D :D :D :D

If you think that it would be a good idea, perhaps you could take a picture of a local ad for this scooter, so that we can compare the marketing Honda uses in each market? If your local language is not English, which is the "official" language in this forum, you can translate it so that we all can understand it? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

In Spain, as you can read in this ad, they insist on:

* Technologically bold
* 1st. scooter in the world with full LED lighting (better economy and visibility - safety)
* Extremely low fuel consumption (2 liters needed to travel 100 kms)
* Environmentaly friendly
* Idle Stop: less emissions and it starts automatically when we twist the throttle

And at the bottom, they say something like:

More relaxed streets, cleaner cities. The future of urban driving begins today with the new Honda PCX 125. Best in technology. Best in economy of use. Best in comfort. New Honda PCX 125, technology that defines the future.

Let's hope that you can post some ads from your country, as we would really LOVE to have a look at them! :D :D :D :D :D
Back pages of a certain Spanish weekly?
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

you you wrote:
pcxpower wrote:I have just read some advertisement for the new PCX
Back pages of a certain Spanish weekly?
You're correct, sir! ;)

Well... more "middle pages" than back pages, but that is the magazine where it came from :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
tonyarmstrong
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Black

Post by tonyarmstrong »

Interesting that the Spanish market is getting four choices of color. I guess it is a sad reflection of the relatively low sales in the USA that we are only offered two colors.
While my brain tells me it is only plastic, the metallic silver color still makes the bike look more solidly built
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Well, I would like to know the exact number of PCXs sold in the entire US, as I'm sure that there will be thousands of them, or at least much more than in the Spanish market alone?

Just for comparison, Honda sold 3,900 PCXs in Spain in 2012 (I haven't found the number for 2013, but perhaps 300 scooters more), so I guess that the number in the States must be higher?

The USA is a very profitable market for automakers (and motorcyclemakers, if this word exists ;) ) and perhaps Honda only offers two colors (I didn't know that) because of inventory purposes, or to help customers to decide easier?)

It reminds me when I was working in the States, and I purchased a VW Touareg: here in Europe there were multiple equipment options, and one could choose them individually, so you could order a custom Touareg, even if it meant having to wait some months while they built your vehicle....in the US market, the SUV was cheaper, and it came almost "fully loaded", with the most common premium options, but there were only "equipment packages", so one could choose between dozens of cars at the dealership, and take them home instantaneously, you know, with the temporary tag 8) 8)

One thing that I do not understand is the reason why US PCXs do not come with the "start/stop" system... automakers offer the system in cars, so it would be legally possible... Perhaps they would be afraid of legal problems with a car hitting the scooter, if the motorcyclist argued that the scooter didn't react fast enough, so he could have avoided the hit? :?

Perhaps in the 2013 MY, with the problems of flat batteries, they didn't want angry owners, but now, with the revised system, with LED lights and a system that turns it off if the battery is not ok, they could offer it?
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

tonyarmstrong wrote: While my brain tells me it is only plastic, the metallic silver color still makes the bike look more solidly built
About the "silver" color, I have not seen it on daylight (only in the semidark basement of a Spanish dealer), but it seems that is a matt gray, more or less, depending on pictures...

You can see lots of pics here:
http://www.moto125.cc/f125cc/pruebas/it ... -honda-pcx
2015 Honda PCX 125
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

pcxpower wrote:One thing that I do not understand is the reason why US PCXs do not come with the "start/stop" system...
I think you're right; it's a 'legal' thing. Our litigious mob of miscreants sue even when they're at fault. They don't have to win to financially destroy the other party. We need a 'loser pays' law, but a bunch of lawyers won't pass one. And our Chief, former lawyer, would never sign it!
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

It's a pity... let's hope that things change in the future ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

pcxpower wrote:
tonyarmstrong wrote: Image
Seems to be the color of asphalt. I'd prefer to not blend in to my surroundings.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

This is also what my wife told me when she saw the scooter in that colour... One of the scooters that I have now is matte black, and I like it, but I think that I will choose a white one this time ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125