Forza as a Do It All?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Forza as a Do It All?

Post by blackcat54 »

I'm sure that the Forza would be a terrific around town workhorse and a great weekend highway cruiser. For those of you that have some riding experience under your belt, if you were to go on a cross country trip on the Forza, how do you think it would fare? Let's say for a single 150lb rider. Where would it fall short? Where would it excel?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza as a Do It All?

Post by gn2 »

The key is does it physically fit you.
If you are the right physical size for it then it would not fall short in any way and would excel at fuel economy.
Done four thousand miles on mine, never does less than twenty miles per trip.
Super comfy and super smooth.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

How do I know if it fits me? No test rides where I live!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Are you "physically" fit and capable of handling a bike this size? How tall are you? Are you comfortable sitting on it? Is it to heavy for you? Do you have riding experience?
I think that's what gn2 is referring to.
Living in NY most times we don't get test rides either (sucks, I know). Gets me :x
Still, Best bet...Go to your dealer, sit on one. With feet on ground (side stand up), hands on bars, rock that Forza side to side. How does that feel? While seated, Walk it forward then Walk it back. Get off. Put side-stand down. Stand beside the bike, put side-stand up, hands on bars, push/roll bike forward, do the same backwards. How does that feel? Here's a question...Would you like to be able to pick it up, should you lay it down? Go feel her out. ;)
If it fits....I say wear it! Buying a bike is So Darn Exciting. Every Time! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Agree to all. If the bike physically fits, in that you have ample leg room, then the bike won't disappoint. And as Trevster showed, even that can be mitigated. I only have two thousand miles, as the weather closed in and snow has been around since Dec., so I haven't had much saddle time recently. I can say that my commute was 70 miles/day, and the bike rides so well that by the time I got home from work (in the dark), I hadn't had enough. The larger windscreen was a real help. I am now comfortable enough with the bike that I am planning an 800 mile warmup trip this spring as a prelude to a longer trip this summer- if I can get my work schedule together. First I have to learn how to outfit the bike for some serious trips, and these shorter trips will highlight where my preparation lacks. I am scouring the web for soft-sided gear bags that will fit the back, but I have absolutely no trepidation as to how well the bike will run.
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

and yes it would be just fine for a x country trip.
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

My story.........

30+ year absence from cycles. I rode a BMW R65 650cc boxer twin. I consider myself a newbie though due to the extended absence. Two bikes interest me, the new 2014 R1200RT and as a group, the Burg 650, Burg 400, Burg 200, and Forza 300. The R1200RT terrifies me due to its shear mass in the showroom so the scoots seem to be a better entry point, although the Burg 650 weighs nearly the same as the R120RT!

I'm going to sit on a Forza maybe tomorrow. I'll report back.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

BMW have shocking reliability issues these days, best avoided.
That's before thinking about the high seating position and high c of g.
Burger 650 is an over complex barge, Honda Siverwing 600 is a much more sensible option.
Also worthy of consideration is the Kymco 500
http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/scoote ... index.html
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Well the fact that the forza is 1/4 of the price would influence my decision quite a bit :lol:
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

gn2 wrote:BMW have shocking reliability issues these days, best avoided.
That's before thinking about the high seating position and high c of g.
Burger 650 is an over complex barge, Honda Siverwing 600 is a much more sensible option.
Also worthy of consideration is the Kymco 500
http://www.kymcousa.com/showroom/scoote ... index.html
gn2 is right about all of these. Having said that, some people like the barge. the Burgman 650 is like a smaller version of a Goldwing. You don't have the change the belt often, but when you do (about 70k miles) it is expensive. The Silverwing feels striped down to me, but I've traveled coast to coast here in the U.S. and pulled a trailer with it for over 30k miles. Except for off the line performance, you can shame most other bikes with both of these. The Forza is easy to work on like the Silverwing, is cheaper, and will do as good as the 600 except for the top end. I don't know about the Kymco, but there are good reports on it and you have a little extra power/size if the Forza is to close to the lower end for you. Each of use will have a preference but, like stated above, it has to please and fit you. Unless something is really bad with the one you buy, you will still love it after you mod it the way you want it.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:BMW have shocking reliability issues these days, best avoided.
Mines been pretty faultless, and the one before that, and the one before that....

Doesn't square with your opinion
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Not opinion, its fact.
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

gn2 wrote:Not opinion, its fact.
Don't see too many bmw dealers closing :roll:
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Aren't the BMW engines produced by Kymco?
According to Consumer Reports survey(Mar 28, 2013) of owners (not testers) the Harley and Beemer were the lest reliable BUT had the highest loyalty and were more apt to repurchase than other brands.
While this is not scientific fact, it is responses from owners. Isn't it strange that the people who say their bikes are the lest dependable are also the highest repeat buyers?
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/maga ... /index.htm
Incomplete without a subscription.
Here is one report from a reporter that read the compete article:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/200035711.html
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

[quote="MichRocks" First I have to learn how to outfit the bike for some serious trips, and these shorter trips will highlight where my preparation lacks. I am scouring the web for soft-sided gear bags that will fit the back, but I have absolutely no trepidation as to how well the bike will run. quote]

Would a pull behind help sort things out? http://www.eaglematetrailers.com/media.htm (I have no experience with this, just read about it ;)

Example on a scoot:
Attachments
Eaglemate Trailer
Eaglemate Trailer
image.jpg (134.88 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Ha! Don't know if that is what I am looking for, but it is awesome nonetheless!
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

WhiteNoise wrote:
MichRocks wrote: First I have to learn how to outfit the bike for some serious trips, and these shorter trips will highlight where my preparation lacks. I am scouring the web for soft-sided gear bags that will fit the back, but I have absolutely no trepidation as to how well the bike will run.
Would a pull behind help sort things out? http://www.eaglematetrailers.com/media.htm (I have no experience with this, just read about it ;)

Example on a scoot:
That's pretty cool. :)
westgl

Post by westgl »

Ok the answer is, it is great, if it fits?

But no one gave there Height.

I am 6.0' tall and 32" inseam 180-Lbs..

I am considering the Forza as a new bike buy.

I currently have a 05' Burgman 650 with 20k miles on it.

I am wondering if it is too small of a bike for me, not that I am that tall,

But, i am wondering if the Forza, is more suited to 5'10" or less category of rider.

Local dealer does not have one in yet in stock.
13' NC700X 2k Miles
05' Honda 600 Silverwing 6258 Original Miles
05' Burgman 650 18k Miles
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

I think the issue is your length from the waist down. I have a 32" inseam and my knees have plenty of clearance. I don't have one yet, this is from sitting on one in the showroom. Also at issue might be your knee angle when your feet are on the front angled part of the floorboards. Definitely no outstretched legs on this scooter!
westgl

Post by westgl »

blackcat54 wrote:I think the issue is your length from the waist down. I have a 32" inseam and my knees have plenty of clearance. I don't have one yet, this is from sitting on one in the showroom. Also at issue might be your knee angle when your feet are on the front angled part of the floorboards. Definitely no outstretched legs on this scooter!

thanks for the quick reply,

I will have to test ride the forza when local dealer gets one.
13' NC700X 2k Miles
05' Honda 600 Silverwing 6258 Original Miles
05' Burgman 650 18k Miles