comparison of PCX/SH/Forza 125s

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Haarek
Year: 125 Forza
Color: Black

Re: comparison of PCX/SH/Forza 125s

Post by Haarek »

Got a Forza 125 and routinely use it to drive 500km to my cabin, across two mountain passes.

It is not a sportbike off course, but safely and comfortably maintains the speed limit on all inclines. (mostly 80km/h (50mph))
Top speed around 120km/h, but that gets tiresome. I'd say 90Km/h is the upper comfortable cruising speed.
Around town it is very, very fast.

For such a big scoot it is pretty light and has got a very low centre of mass. The luggage area is huge. Two full face helmets under the seat and I can fit the rest of my kit in the rear luggage box. Perfect!

Fuel consumption on those longer trips are 2l/100km (!) I weigh 75kg and probably haul around 25kg luggage when doing longer trips.

I have not had any issues with my Forza. I suspect it is as with any premium product, that any issue will get inflated and rehashed on the internet and that satisfied users don't bother going on forums saying "mine still works!" Many Europeans use this scooter for city commuting under pretty intense conditions on the cobbles of Paris and Rome. I don't claim that there aren't any issues, just that what I've heard is hearsay and that my own personal experience is positive.
2019 Honda NSS125 Forza.
Norway
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Far too many people post issues with the new 2021 Forza 125's stating they are sorry they traded earlier models (FB Forza page) so if I had to buy a new scoot I'd stick with PCX or for longer rides consider a different bike, as it's quite costly circa £5000.
Haarek
Year: 125 Forza
Color: Black

Post by Haarek »

From what I have seen it is mostly you, iceman, that talk about serious issues with the forza 125 on this forum. And that is even just referring to third-party anecdotes on a facebook page. I suspect you have fallen victim to a case of confirmation bias where your own repetition of third party anecdotes get included in the "evidence" that "everyone knows the Forza has got more problems than other scooters".

Does anyone have numbers on errors per 1000 units sold, or any other indication that defects are disproportionate to the number of units sold?
Can anyone that own a problematic 2021 Forza step forward and give their account here?
I would be happy to change my view if something a bit more concrete would surface.
2019 Honda NSS125 Forza.
Norway