Is my new PCX 150 too small for me?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Is my new PCX 150 too small for me?

Post by homie »

Seats like the #18 that cradle your butt are not for me. I like to move around a little.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:Seats like the #18 that cradle your butt are not for me. I like to move around a little.
Thanks, did you not know it was going to be a butt cradler when you ordered it, or did you get it 2nd hand? I am not sure if a butt cradle would is ideal for me, either. I just need the seat to not be so down-sloping... i.e. flatter. I will probably keep my OE seat since I assume it is better quality than the replacement seats. But thanks for the offer to send it to me.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

pattomike wrote:
homie wrote:Seats like the #18 that cradle your butt are not for me. I like to move around a little.
Thanks, did you not know it was going to be a butt cradler when you ordered it, or did you get it 2nd hand? I am not sure if a butt cradle would is ideal for me, either. I just need the seat to not be so down-sloping... i.e. flatter. I will probably keep my OE seat since I assume it is better quality than the replacement seats. But thanks for the offer to send it to me.
Sent to me by another member who didn't use it. I have been wanting to trade it for a LED stock seat to reupholster in red. As time goes by there will be more used OEM LED seats and somebody will like the extra security of a cradled saddle. I rode it for a week and it does serve its function :D the first I ever tried one, but I buy and try a lot of stuff I use, resale or give away, that's how I learn and review.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:
pattomike wrote:
Sent to me by another member who didn't use it. I have been wanting to trade it for a LED stock seat to reupholster in red. As time goes by there will be more used OEM LED seats and somebody will like the extra security of a cradled saddle. I rode it for a week and it does serve its function :D the first I ever tried one, but I buy and try a lot of stuff I use, resale or give away, that's how I learn and review.
Thanks butt cradle, i heard back from
BikerzBits today and they said the biggest seat they have is seat 4. I think I am going to try and have my stock seat refit. It's not going to take much. Just take out the step up so I can scoot back a little, and then raise up the seating area. What's the best one to find someone who does custom motorcycle seats?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Toss them hee-haw blankets! Going to local trim shop, I think that's a great idea!
Ok then you might want to take a look at member pcxpower's customized seat just to get get an idea of what it might look like. His is level with No Stops (hump/backrest) :)

His thread with photos: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 574#p45574
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (99.88 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I was thinking the exact same post WN :lol: Tom Cruise couldn't reach the ground with that though hehe. I wonder how the 35" inseam Scrotum rider is doing these days? That does look inviting :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, I'm jealous of the added foam, that = comfort. His saddle Looks big but heck, my butt ain't getting any smaller. I Loves my after dinner sugars. Doc sez I gotta get a grip on that!
Winter past did that to me, I told him (and He ain't so svelte himself) :lol:
If I keep sitting here typing and reading my bum is gonna ________ well, you get the idea :D

I've been wondering where member pcxpower dissapeared to, so I just pm'd him. Hope all is good :roll:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pattomike wrote:
homie wrote:
pattomike wrote:This is the message I get when I try to attach a pic. Is there a way to make it smaller? That's what she said.
YOU WISH! :lol:
Ok lets walk through resizing images for forum.

Use the windows Paint program. If you don't use windows... screwed
Open Windows Paint
click FILE, OPEN
Select from wherever your images are located on your computer
Click on the image you want to resize.
Move dot to pixels or percentage
Enter the percentage or the pixels you want to reduce to.
If you don't like it click undo and try again, nothing changes until you save.
You only need to change (horizontal) if minimum aspect is checked and the image will remain in proper proportion.
A good forum size is 600 x 400 or less

about this size
Thanks, let's see if this works. Now that I have taken a pic of it, I don't like how it looks at all. I thought it looked good til I saw the pics. There are two blankets on the seat. There one on the bottom looks just like the top except it is folded up thicker and smaller and forms the foundation. The one on top is necessarily larger in shape to cover and hold in place the one on the bottom. They stay in place remarkably well. The step up on the seat is almost non-existent, and the comfort level is almost superb. I still just want a freaking regular seat.

Let's see how day 4 goes.

Patience.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

WhiteNoise wrote:Toss them hee-haw blankets! Going to local trim shop, I think that's a great idea!
Ok then you might want to take a look at member pcxpower's customized seat just to get get an idea of what it might look like. His is level with No Stops (hump/backrest) :)

This is absolutely what I have in mind, perfectly. Thanks for sharing!! Yeah I got rid of the blankets. I didn't realize how dumb it looked til I saw it in a pic.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

Let's see how day 4 goes.

Patience.[/quote]

My legs aren't going to get any shorter. It is undeniably uncomfortable. I am usually very wish washy about things because I have OCD, and I don't know if there is genuinely a problem, or if it is just me obsessing. This time I am sure there is a problem. First time this has happened, I think.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:I was thinking the exact same post WN :lol: Tom Cruise couldn't reach the ground with that though hehe. I wonder how the 35" inseam Scrotum rider is doing these days? That does look inviting :D
Why do you call him Scrotum rider?
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:
pattomike wrote:
What does OEM LED mean? I think OEM means original equipment. But LED makes me think of the headlights.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Scrotum rider :lol: :lol: :lol:

When PCX was last upgraded in 2015 it featured LED headlights, integrated signals and a massive, beautiful tail light. Oh it was a grand thing for forum members of days gone by. Much anticipated and really capturing the next generation of enthusiasts Honda delivered the sparkling little scooter known only as the LED model to the old school riders. Was the last time we heard much from the forum owner too. I think White Noise bought the first one and then me. WN road his, I tore mine apart and made videos of it 8)

Maddie Dog went to sleep and has been quiet ever since :(
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

WhiteNoise wrote:Toss them hee-haw blankets! Going to local trim shop, I think that's a great idea!

His thread only has 7 posts. You would think a post such as this would have dozens more posts. I enjoyed seeing the skeleton of the seat. Regarding the step-up, my Honda salesman said he knows a guy who does motorcycle seats, and he will take out and/or level out the foam that makes up the step. But when I saw the skeleton I realized that the step is a hard piece of plastic hahahaha. There ain't no smoothing that puppy out. I wish I could see PcxPowers step by step pics of the project.
Attachments
seat 02.jpg
seat 02.jpg (135.69 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Member pcxpower has not been on the forum for awhile but you can pm him. Ask him for more info on the build-up of his pcx seat. Worth a try? I think so ;)
He's a very helpful and nice guy.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

I contacted him via PM but haven't heard back yet. I am just curious what he used for the material for the seat cover? It looks like it is is perfectly seamed. I don't imagine he sewed it together himself. So what did he use? Me and my stupid long legs, and Genuine Buddy and their great seat, but no financing arm. I still like my PCX, though.
Attachments
Buddy170i3QTRFt.jpg
Buddy170i3QTRFt.jpg (19.01 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

Jge64 wrote:Its the seat, I'm bigger than you by an inch and with a non stepped seat, you'll fit fine. A seat like this is what I use:

https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-custom-seat-4581.html
Did you put this seat on your bike? Do you have a pic of it on your bike? It looks like what I need.