Got a Custom SEAT - Show' n 'Tell

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Got a Custom SEAT - Show' n 'Tell

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, I will! :lol:

Please Join in by showing us your replacement seat and/or any adjustments you/or a shop made to them :D
The more you tell us about yours, the better. Photos are always greatly appreciated! "Seeing is Believing" 8)

WOOT! I just got me a New Saddle!
History: Member Dave Bo offered his two saddles up for sale in a thread he was chatting in. I happened to have seen it and PM'd him. Luckily for me, Dave still had the one that I wanted.
Being only a few States away from each other, we made the transaction happen in less than a week. I have it, and it's so close to being New! I just installed it this past weekend and took a brief 2 mile ride.
It Felt soo Good. Did ya'll hear my Butt sighing, Ahhhhhhh

Pictures:
Side by side of Stock Seat and Custom Seat#18 (I believe was originally purchased from https://bikerzbits.com/honda/pcx/seats)....
and WN in All Her Glory! :P
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (354.6 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (227.17 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (220.51 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (225.05 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (256.92 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (236.25 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (320.75 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Got a Custom SEAT - Show' n 'Tell

Post by Jge64 »

Great pic review, after trying 2 other seats, this is also the seat I use, a year or so in, it still looks and works great.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Cool!
Does it have better padding?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My wife's custom seat looks similar....actually the only differences are that it is for the 2013 PCX, and the stitching is red. It is very comfortable. The one that I have one like it that has been custom made with the back brace quite a bit further back so that I can put a gel seat pads under me and then I added another temp brace that is higher which braces against the tail box. I did this because of my back surgeries, but the seat is oh so comfy.
By the way, is that the Honda tail box platform that was recalled by Honda? I saw the thread on this forum about it. I am glad that I bought the Givi one, though the Honda one looks better.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I like it!... hey I'd consider experimenting with that 2015 stock seat and someday when they are laying about gathering dust butcher one in ways that might make that hump even less prominent. I was out on the PCX all afternoon and baby that's how we roll.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I wish soo much that I could have been out riding today, but it has been raining get off and on for the last few days and the roads are not safe, even when the sun came out. It is suppose to storm some more tonight, again. So I had to find other ways to re-stress my back. I helped a neighbor unblock his drain pipes by running one of those snake things, attached to my drill, up and down his pipes for about 20 minutes. I had to do the same thing to ours, so now I have been no instead as the neighborhood plumbing fixer-upper.....I can't say that I am a plumber. There is one a few doors down from me already and he would not appreciate it if I called myself a plumber without a license. In any case, I wasn't out riding. :-/
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Congrats on the purchase WN. Always good to hear forum members helping other forum members. That is the same seat design I have had for 3 years. You will never regret making that mod.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Got a picture of the stock seat? That's what I use--only customization is where it got a little tear from using the handlebar to keep it open.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ Glen, thanks! I can understand why you're still sitting in yours ;)

@ DR, yes I can feel more padding. A whole bunch more? No, but you know there's more and it feels better. The seat "pocket" is wider and the front end dips into the pocket where the backrest fits me just right. I'm a happier PCX rider for sure!
Oh, and the vinyl may Look slippery, but I'm Not sliding whilst accelerating or braking. I look forward to a longer ride for the truest test results. But...I'm thinking Not much will change my body n bums sensor opinions ;) Been having lots of bucket rain lately and it will continue, the weatherman does say.

@ Mel yep, for taller folk I can understand bumping the backrest a bit further back. I have a bad back too Mel. No surgeries yet, almost....it could happen one day. Having a backrest is important, so is its placement and height. I get it, I now have it! Yippee...
The rear rack is the Honda recall rack. I'm not using a topbox as of yet. I will make the exchange for sure when my number comes up :D

@ homie, I knew you'd like it all sheeny shiny and Snap! Cool Lookin! :D I'm surprised you haven't gotten a custom PCX saddle yet. Why heck! At least rip the demons outta yours! :lol:
What shall I do with my stock seat? I may get a seatcover from CheekySeats. Whadda say about that? No answer? Then ask chief :D

@kram, yeah it was your saddle that turned me onto my new saddle! Your scoot rocks (have I told you that lately?) :D Thanks, I'm liking mine quite rightly. WN and I are saddled together in style 8)

@ bash, okay you've got me confused. I got a pic above of the stock seat. So what is it your asking or hmm...perhaps telling me? Let's SEE your seat. Come on now, sharing is Good :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:@ homie, What shall I do with my stock seat? I may get a seatcover from CheekySeats. Whadda say about that? No answer? Then ask chief :D
Chief says you know he would send that extra seat to be re-upholstered in....

MAT RED

and save that shiny black one for funerals
Attachments
mac&chief.jpg
mac&chief.jpg (8.92 KiB) Viewed 5116 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Just do it...
It would match your badge :D
You could sell it to me and I would do it and have......... CLASS :lol:
one needs a splash of color
Attachments
seat.jpg
seat.jpg (25.51 KiB) Viewed 5115 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Think Prestige Red
Oh yeah that's right! homie's always wanted Red Mat saddle. Do you remember the Red "Bride" saddle that was up for sale (hmm...a longst time ago?) You liked it 8)

The "right" Red will match our badges. One must have a keen eye for color, then find a match.
How about a cover in the Right Red With a single White race stripe running from front to back?
Or how about a black and white checker seat cover (big checkers) TAX....eeeee
Or just a black seat cover with a White race stripe running front to back?

Choices, choices :roll: Heh! if I screw up with it you'll have a shot at buying it? :lol:
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

DIY hump removal with the also removed plastic mount towers removed..
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

It's just seat time!

After a recent long ride, I decided to look into a new seat - I had to balance knee discomfort against that ridge on the back of the stock (2016) seat that was giving me a second butt crack.

Looking at Bikerbitz, Seat 7 looked to be just what I wanted...a flat surface that I could decide where my posterior should fall, not the little bucket that says "Butt go here!"

Then there is Seat 18...sculpted to the Max...but would the bucket be back far enough for my legs???

Which to do???

Hell, shipping is almost the price of a seat, so I bought both - and they arrived on Saturday.

The first thing I notices was that just test-fitting the seats did not work, I though I had ordered the wrong ones as the latch in the rear was at least an inch off - tightening down the hinge bolts on the front took care of it, and the seats were the proper items.

Seat 18 went first (I guess we were going in reverse numerical order) and it looked great. When I hopped up on it, the rear end support was great, it was very comfortable, but the seating position seemed to be in the exact same place as the stock seat.

Boo..my wife quite liked the seat, which is good. She also reaffirmed her stance never to ride or be ridden on a scooter, which is bad.

So, on went the 7...come on, lucky seven...

Wow.

The ridge present on the stock seat was gone, baby gone. I could slide as far back or forward as I wants - totally color outside the lines.

Perfect, we have a keeper.

That was Saturday, Sunday morning I went out for a ride. The new analog seating position was absolutely great, but after 30 minutes, my rear end was getting more sore than the stock seat, but my knees were in great shape - butt has more padding than knees...

Later, I stopped by the grocery (Beer and Blueberries - don't ask). Normal procedures: Helmet goes under seat, along with gloves...

BOUNCE!

Seat will not close.

Adjust helmet...it happens...

BOUNCE!

Aw crap.

Thankfully, I have a top case that will more than handle the helmet, so that is not a big deal.

Hey, a lot of life is all about compromise, and I would much rather have my knees in a good place.

Seat 7 is the winner of my particular seat-of-pants (see what I did there?) test. A better person that I would have pictures, but you can look above to see White Noise's 18, and Jge64 has well-documented his Seat 7 and everything else on his ride.

Hope this helps in any future seat purchases,

Mike
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Number 7 Seat
I believe member Dave Bo (located in Massachusetts) still has his #7 Seat in Black up For Sale.
All you have to do is pm him and ask. It'll be in "Like New" condition just like my #18 is above

You know the saying, "first-come, first-serve(d)" ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice write-up Wingscribe thanks for that, and congrats on getting yerself a tad more comfortable 8)
~ Happier Trails to ya ~
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

The other day I took my New #18 seat off. Holy smokes! What! Already?! Why?

Dave Bo who sold me the seat, was nice enough to include a new oem packaged under-seat weather seal. The seat came with a foam squishy type seal. See the bottom seat in the photo.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (256.92 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
So off came the seat, off came the squishy seal and on went the Proper Weather Seal.
Well, that sounds easy right? It was basically but I'm a tad anal so cleaning the surface thouroughly prior to putting on the new was important to me. So After pulling off all the stringy type rubber cement I grabbed my bottle of isopropyl rubbing alcohol, a paper towel and cleaned the seal track out.
Heh! I want a Good Stick on the next fitting :P

The new seal comes a bit longer than needed, I'd say an inch or so. I liked that! It leaves room for error and for extra should your seat require it. Okok blah blah blah...
Both the old and new seal have a thin tape on the backside, a self stick n seal you could calls it. You must handle it carefully and remove the waxy cover backing as you go along applying it. You don't want it to stick in the wrong places o_O now...do you? No. So, take your time. The payoff is worth it.

Wait....hold on, phone ringing. Important call, must answer. I will be Back! :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

......Alrighty I be back
I followed my own advice and the seal went on beautifully, no glitches. I trimmed an inch off at the end where the two met in the middle (at/near the rear latch). TahDah, Finis!

Ah Not so fast WhiteNoise, you forgot about those two seat bumpers! They're missing on yer new seat!
I see two empty holes staring at me! Oh yeah, okay I'll pull them off the old seat while I'm here ;) and re-use them. Cool!

I gave each bumper a slow twist and pull and out the holes they came. Yes, of course I was nervous. I didn't know what was on the other side of them bumpers (geez, can you see it? :lol: )
I didn't want to tear them. Okay we're past that Drama!
I got them both out without a blemish! Double TahDah!

Getting them into the New seat? You just had to ask right? No biggie but....
I did have to shape the holes that receive them (see pic above of New seat's holes).
Those two holes were "roughed in" and a wee bit too small of an opening (you Don't want them too big either, else the bumpers will swim in there :P ) So I got my round file and carefully filed bits off...little at a time till they looked a match to the OEM seats holes. Perfect, did it, I was happy. I cleaned the area and slowly pushed them in with a twist and Voila! Both bumpers were in and seated.

I grinned a proud grin, returned to the garaged where me scoot sits spoiled upon her lift and adorned her once again with a brandy New Saddle. She flashed her lights afterwards. Guess that means she's Ready To Roll! 8)

Well that's All Folks! Do not hesitate taking on the job of switching seats. It's A Fun to Do Mod and one that will make your arse and back sigh of R E L I E F
Happy Trails to Ya, gotta Go!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I've always visualised you as this forums Ethel Murman....
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

You mean.....Loud?
Just sing it out 2yous :lol:
The late great Ethel Merman. Way before my time but I certainly know of her.
1908 - 1984

Hah! Small world 2yous...
Story Time:
My father was raised in an apartment building in Astoria Queens NY (with his parent's and 2 brother's). Upstairs above them lived the Zimmerman's, parent's of Ethel Agnes Zimmerman/aka/Ethel Merman. Yes, the Ethel you're speaking of.

When I was in my teens, my Dad and Uncle's told me of a woman who sang so loud that they could hear her in their apt. She would practice all day long. "There's No Business Like Show Business" is the song I remember them mentioning. As a family living below the Zimmerman's, it wasn't always pleasant. She was Loud and Strong voiced especially in her youth. But, they were always friendly in meeting one another (elevator/stairs, etc).

Later in life my Dad was so proud of living below her. He was thrilled to have heard her sing before Any One heard her on stage. She was a Star,... their Vocal Queen neighbor! You would see a twinkle in his eye every time he spoke of Her from younger days.
But he always, always added: "boy, Was She Loud!"

See 2yous, ya didn't know that was coming ;)
I'm a believer that things said and done happen for a reason. You could have written anyone else's name, but you wrote "Ethel Murman." One of the same right? Murman and Merman?
Dig it! I love where this Merman thing went!

Thanks 2yous :P
Now for those of you who have No idea who we're speaking of and for those that do, here's a little clip of two female icons singing together (neither of which am I :lol: )

Ethel Merman (on left) and Judy Garland (on right):