Givi D1130ST issues

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

skrusich
Year: 2017
Color: Pearl White

Givi D1130ST issues

Post by skrusich »

I have a Givi D1130ST mounted on my '17 PCX150. It flexes so, much even at slower speeds, that it is almost as worthless as the factory screen. Givi has no suggestions and says no one has ever complained. I am about ready to give up and buy another brand.

Anyone else had this experience or have any suggestions?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Steve
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Givi D1130ST issues

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Steve and welcome :)
I'm sorry to read that you're disappointed with your flexing taller Givi. I "had" the shorter Givi on my sold 2011 - so no comparing the two. I have the stock screen still on my 2015.
Is it possible(?) that the screen you have is a clone of the Givi? Odd question, but ya just never know :roll:
I've not read complaints on our forum about the D1130st. Those who have installed them, like them.

Member Mel is happy with his from what he's written.
Mel if you're around can you jump in here please :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skrusich

Post by skrusich »

I bought the screen from Revzilla so I assume it is authentic. I think it is impossible to install it incorrectly so that can’t be my problem.

Mine does not remain stiff. I have ridden a PCX with a tall National City screen which remains rigid in any wind and at any speed.

ANY ideas....?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Have you checked the bolts to make sure they are tight? Also, see if you can move the screen while the bike is stationary. My rubber washers compressed over time and I had to make some new ones. Without them the screen moves, even when the bike is stationary. There is no way to tighten the bolts further without replacing those rubber washers. You must use compressable material around the windshield so that the windshield won't crack when you tighten the bolts, or when the windshield flexes..
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
skrusich

Post by skrusich »

I have checked/rechecked. Nothing is loose. The screen will not move when stationary. It flexes when on the move above 35mph.

Sounds like I am the only one...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Very strange. Figure out where it flexes the most and try an experiment. Find a piece of Plexiglass and tape it on the inside of the windshield (with clear Gorilla tape) at the base of the flex point. (I would put some felt dots on the corners of that piece so it would not scratch the windshield.) Then ride and see if it fixes the problem. If so, then that means your particular windscreen is thinner than it should have been. There isn't a lot that you can do if it is, but you COULD find a way to permanently reinforce the weak point.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
skrusich

Post by skrusich »

That is a good idea and if I carefully cut/trim the plexi braces, it might look OK as well.

Thanks!
Testerpt5
Year: 2015
Color: Black matte

Post by Testerpt5 »

I have this windshield, no issues whatsover, when installing it just make sure its for the specific pcx model.
I love it.
Its true that it bends at high speed (lol) or strong winds but I never came close to feeling it might break suddenly.
Best addon to my pcx
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

I have this screen and the top of it flexes slightly in the wind and above 35. It is a tall, narrow, lightweight screen, so it's fairly inevitable. I don't find it a problem but I sit back in the bike and look over the screen onto the road. If I wasn't as tall, I wouldn't be able to ride with this screen if a sea mist or heavy rain descended - which is fairly often here. I've also added a cushion recently, which has given me slightly more height above the screen when I'm behind traffic and I'm finding that better when navigating around the potholes, paintwork and extensive street furniture dotted about the place at short notice.
G'Bru