Givi D1136ST not performing as expected

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

rvkssl
Year: 2014
Color: Pearl white

Givi D1136ST not performing as expected

Post by rvkssl »

Hi all,

Just mounted a Givi D1136ST screen on my PCX and went for a test ride, i was expecting less windforce on my chest and less noise around my helmet but during the ride i noticed wind turbulance some 55" behind the screen, just in front of my chest :cry: untill some 35" behind the screen there's no wind at all, from 35"to 55"wind is starting to pick up. This happens at 65 miles/hour.
The wind noise around my helmet was more of a steady flow rather than the erratic flow before when i had the stock screen mounted, i can't say anything about fuel economy yet, but it seems a bit better.
The positive thing is that i have some more rain and debris protection, anyone else with the same experience?

Cheers, Ronald.
Attachments
PCX Givi D1136ST.jpg
PCX Givi D1136ST.jpg (87.48 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Givi D1136ST not performing as expected

Post by Mel46 »

Is that the tall one or the mid height one? (I believe the tall one is the Givi D1130ST.) The mid height one is a compromise, mostly for those who do more in city riding or are in the hot climates. The wind will still go over the top of it and hit you around upper chest/helmet area, which is what you would want if you are in hotter climates. The tall one will divert most of the air to each side.

There are 2 options for you now, aside from purchasing the tall one. The first option is a windshield spoiler that can be attached to the top of your new windshield.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2599270592

The second is to not go 65 mph, but rather stay on the side roads that have a 45 mph maximum speed limit.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
rvkssl
Year: 2014
Color: Pearl white

Post by rvkssl »

Mel, it's the mid sized one, i don't want to drive with the large screen as a sail boat :lol: , thanks for the link for the spoiler, think i'm going to try that.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have not purchased from them so let me know how it goes. Even if they only sent you the clips for the spoiler it would be a great buy. It is hard to find those clips at a reasonable price. I made a spoiler for my wife's bike temporarily once and I had a heck of a time finding the clips. You can locate the Plexiglass at most hardware stores. The clips are the key.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers