NCY rear shock spanner....

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

NCY rear shock spanner....

Post by homie »

Can anyone shoot me a picture of the NCY adjustable rear shock spanner wrench? Precious's new owner needs a little more tension and I can't find the spanner tool. Just wondering exactly what we are looking for.

https://www.corsportusa.com/i-18198-201 ... range.html
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: NCY rear shock spanner....

Post by Old Grinner »

I looked around the NCY site and didn't see just the "spanner" listed. But it shows pictures of spanners as they come with the shock sets. It's hard to tell what specifically the one you had looks like in short order . . ..

https://ncystore.com/ncy-shock-adjustab ... -universal

That said, and depending upon the open access to the shocks, in an emergency people have been known to use a pipe wrench or hammer and flat headed screwdriver to make adjustments. On the PCX the right shock may be easier to get to than the left one due to the final drive casing space limitations. Here's an example of someone using a pipe wrench on a Honda 4 Wheeler.

Here's someone using a hammer and screwdriver on another 4 wheeler.

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Upon further investigation, I noticed the NCY shocks you are referring to appear to need pre-load adjustment from the top rather than bottom. The bottom has an adjustment screw for the dampening (F to S). So the access would get tight up toward the side panel in lieu of the final drive or air cleaner cover.

Hopefully the spanner wrench you had Homie with your NCY shocks looks like the one shown in the link I listed . . .. :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

When we received our Takegawa Lowering Shocks, they came with adjustment tools. Didn't yours? Look around. You may have put them in a drawer. We keep at least one in the bike storage.

Maybe a bike repair shop has one that would fit, or could order one.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers