Excited PCX owner......Pictures

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

BristolRoversfc
Year: 2018
Color: Grey

Excited PCX owner......Pictures

Post by BristolRoversfc »

Hi.
Well...it arrived yesterday morning after being delivered from the other side of Norwich (about 200 miles).
Young lady delivery driver was very helpful and informative about the machine.
As im still hobbling around on crutches,my son was here to get it into the conservatory where I can just sit and look at it.lol
theres no way im going to attempt to ride it until im satisfied im going to be safe on it and have most of the movement back in my left knee.I did manage to sit on it yesterday and it felt great.
It came with the "Kappa" topbox and I think the catch may need a little attention as it doesnt seem to close as it should but I have plenty of time to do that.
I believe that a few months after mine was made (January 2018) the model was revised slightly with nicer headlight and also a digital dash.But im happy with mine.
IMG_2316.JPG
IMG_2316.JPG (119.73 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
IMG_2315.JPG
IMG_2315.JPG (130.92 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
IMG_2317.JPG
IMG_2317.JPG (122.12 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
IMG_2318.JPG
IMG_2318.JPG (117.04 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
First attempt at posting pictures.....hope they are ok
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Excited PCX owner......Pictures

Post by Old Grinner »

Looks great!

I see you also purchased the taller Honda windscreen . . ..

The dog seems quite excited as well. :lol:
gbru2505
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Carbon Grey

Post by gbru2505 »

That dashboard shot gives a good view of how the Honda screen (with bracket) allows for plenty of airflow behind the screen to balance air pressure and reduce buffeting compared to my tall Givi. I'm a bit jealous!
G'Bru
BristolRoversfc

The taller windscreen and topbox were both included in the price.
I would imagine it should give a certain amount of protection from the elements and yes,I think a certain amount of air will escape around the bottom of the screen.
Oscar the dog was checking out if he would fit in the topbox.ha ha
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Looks great! Hope your recovery is progressing well! :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Wow, full knee replacement straight to a PCX! You're awesome and adventurous!!

The PCX has a low center of gravity, so you made a great choice. When you're taking it out and learning, try to always stop with both feet or your good foot down until you get back to 100%... And if it starts to drop towards your bad knee, I'd just move a bit forward and let it drop between your legs. The fairings for a PCX are cheap and easy to repair compared to a knee.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Wow, arrived ready and customized. How much capacity of that top box? looks great.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
BristolRoversfc

Thanks for the advice.
The topbox is a "Kappa" 40, which I suppose means its a 40l.
I was quite prepared to buy a standard pcx and then add a taller screen and topbox,so when I seen this one advertised, "job done"
What I would like to purchase though,is a owners manual for the pcx.
Very similar to the Haynes manuals you can buy for cars.
I know I can download one(pdf) but I would prefer a proper " book version".
How do you folks manage with puntures?
Do you carry a can of that gunk stuff and a air compressor to get you to a garage?
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Do you carry a can of that gunk stuff and a air compressor to get you to a garage?
Nope, just a set of push-in mini tire plugs (I’ll post their name if I remember it) and one of those CO2 bicycle tire inflaters.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

springer1 wrote:
Nope, just a set of push-in mini tire plugs (I’ll post their name if I remember it) and one of those CO2 bicycle tire inflaters.
I should also add that a small bicycle hand pump can do the job too.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I bought the standard tire plugger kit from Stop & Go about a quarter of a century ago when the price was cheaper but today it lists for $45. Used it a couple of times but not on the road. Did "slow leak" repairs at home. Just have to be careful with the tire plug gun tool and not get your face to close when you pull the trigger. It's spring loaded and seats the plugs. The quality is very good.

As an added note I also bought one of their optional CO2 inflation kits. Never had to use it . . . yet . . .. :roll:

https://www.stopngo.com/standard-model-tire-plugger/

They also have a scooter specific product line as well. You can get stuff from them on Amazon also from other retailers. There are videos and manuals too.

https://www.stopngo.com/scooters/

FWIW I've carried "Spare Tire in a Can" but only had to use it once and that was back in the '70s. I also have a couple of small bicycle type pumps. The are good for slow leaks to get you further down the road. I hate roofing nails.

I suggest you carry a cell phone with you on all "out of town" rides just in case. Know someone who can help you by bringing a trailer or has a truck to take your scooter home. :D
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

Looks great! Congratulations!

I love my Honda tall screen. It's the best 'upgrade' to my PCX, along with my Shad 39L top box. Both items make trips more comfortable and enjoyable. Does anyone make a brake light kit for the Kappa?

So far (3-1/2 yrs & 5,000 miles) I haven't had any punctures, thankfully. I rode my Honda Super Cub about twice as much and got quite a few flats, but that scoot used tubed tires that were much lighter weight in construction (Michelin Gazelle). The tire plug kits and CO2 cartridges sound like a good idea for tubeless tires.
BristolRoversfc

Thank you Old Grinner and Eiron.
Eiron....what is that on the back of your bike.Is it a petrol drum?
May have to wait a little longer to be able to ride my bike.
I have developed an infection and having to take antibiotics.
Hopefully, these tablets will clear up the infection, otherwise it will mean a further spell in hospital.
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

:lol: It's an empty 55 gallon plastic drum for chemicals. I worked for a company that designed and built automated pallet loading and unloading systems, and the customers were required to provide product samples for design and verification purposes. Once they approved the final demonstration of their new system we were left with the samples for disposal. Usually that meant paying a recycling company to take the items. This time the company sent out a notice telling employees to take any barrels they wanted, so I grabbed a couple for rain barrels. I was dropping off this one at a friend's house across town.

Best wishes for your continued recovery. Infections can become dangerous very quickly!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Re: Tires
For motorcycle, I have:
Dynaplug: http://www.dynaplug.com/products.html
And Air compressor: https://www.amazon.com/Slime-40001-Moto ... B000ET9SB4

Note: There are newer Slime models @ Slime: https://www.slime.com/us/index.php

Full Service Manuals: in the U.S.A. many of us buy from here:
http://www.helminc.com/helm/welcome_ret ... asp?Style=

Also bought online @ eBay.
Example page:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... sacat=6000

I hope all goes well with clearing up that knee infection. Sorry that happened. In the meantime do whatever it takes. Keep spending time here sponging in whatever info you need from us. Time will pass faster as your goodies arrive :P Then the healing process won't be so bad after all (said with a very positive attitude :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
BristolRoversfc

Thank you White Noise.
I will definitely get the "Dynaplug" and compressor for emergencies.
Ive bought a ground anchor,a "Sold Secure"gold chain and padlock and a disc lock for when I can start riding it.
For now though,my wife has allowed me to keep it in the conservatory where I can just sit and look at it..ha ha.
As for the infection,ive been given antibiotics which im hoping will clear up the infection.
If they dont work,then im afraid its going to mean another spell in hospital to find out how deep the infection has gone.
I understand the worse case senario is an operation to remove the implants and start again with new ones.
Ive got lots of support from wife,sons,grandchildren and neighbours(plus of course,all of the friendly folk on here)so im not alone and have fingers crossed for the future.
Thanks once again
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Prayers that you don't have to go through a redo, Bro. If the pills don't beat it, perhaps IV antibiotics in the hospital will. I hope you don't have to go that far.

Good luck.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Wow - sure hope the pills fix it! Best wishes and prayers coming your way. When that has been fixed, remember that normal recovery can take a while! I am 11 weeks out from mine and while movement is excellent, I still am getting pain from kneecap area and hypersensitivity on my skin. :(

It takes time, but we will get there.

Anyway, two good things - you got your PCX and Rovers are safe for this year!!
BristolRoversfc

Well....4 days into the antibiotics and they seem to be doing the trick(thanks for all the well wishes).
Went to the hospital today and had blood pressure,heart rate,blood tests etc..and all turned out ok.
First time today I had seen the wound since operation and was amazed at how well it seems to have healed and not parted seeing as I only had internal dissolvable stitches.
All systems go now for the excercises.
Limey.....maybe you could help me a little with this please.
My knee is still very swollen and im worried if I overdo it,I may open the wound.
You say you are 11 weeks into your op and I was wondering how hard you exercised from about 2-3 weeks.
When tring to bend my leg,im still finding it very difficult and painfull to attain more than a 90 degree bend.
Also, when I sit or lie in one position for any length of time,its very hard to get straight again when I stand up.
Straight leg lifts to strengthen the top of leg muscles are no problem also lying on my back with a rolled up towel under my heel to straighten the joint isnt too bad.
As I said im worried that by trying to do too much,im going to damage the joint or wound.
Maybe its just a case of dose myself up with painkillers and "go for it"...ha ha.
I feel under increasing pressure to become more mobile now because every time I hobble past the pcx in the conservatory,I can hear it saying"com on then....when are you taking me out"?
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Push it, but not too hard, man. VERY happy to hear that antibiotics are doing their thing. A mintenance dose of painkiller, a half hour, and then some PT makes sense, but overdoing either is a path toward trouble.

Continued good progress. PCX will be happy whenever you get to it (sort of like the old dog and wife in the trunk joke).
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)