My New Cheeky Seat

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

bigblue505
Year: 2013
Color: Black

My New Cheeky Seat

Post by bigblue505 »

My new seat cover arrived today, and it went on pretty easily. I haven't road-tested it yet, but tomorrow's going to be a nice day weather-wise. The seat has been my only beef with this scooter, and hopefully this will be a big improvement.

I'm having fun exploring short cuts through town and avoiding all the busy streets. People drive like madmen around here. I'm not worried about top speed. I'm at about 5300 ft elevation so I lose a bit of power. I've gotten it up to 55 MPH and that's about as fast as I want to go. I'll get a bigger scooter if 55's not fast enough. https://photos.app.goo.gl/vHoKpfEDrnc74doBA
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Re: My New Cheeky Seat

Post by Oldie »

That's a great looking seat. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it. Did you buy the cover and have someone do the upholstery work?
bigblue505

Post by bigblue505 »

Thanks Oldie. That's a padded seat cover from Cheeky Seats. It feels good when I'm just sitting on the scooter. Today's supposed to be a nice day so I'll go try it out over some bumps. I still have to smooth out some wrinkles.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I think your bike really looks good with that new seat cover. Hopefully you have solved the hump problem for good. :-)

After you ride it for a little while I would buy a taller windshield, if I were you. New Mexico gets hot, but in the Winter you will freeze your butt off, and there are times during normal riding when it gets pretty windy. Some wind block is better than none. There is a tinted mid-sized windshield that you can buy that might be just what you need. It also comes clear, so you have a choice.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/giv ... cx150-2013

In case you can't tell, I lived in West Texas when I was much younger (17 -21), and I rode all over the place on my Harley. I went as far north as Albuquerque, and west to Carlsbad, where I had a girlfriend. (My sister lived in New Mexico at the time.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

bigblue505 wrote:Thanks Oldie. That's a padded seat cover from Cheeky Seats. It feels good when I'm just sitting on the scooter. Today's supposed to be a nice day so I'll go try it out over some bumps. I still have to smooth out some wrinkles.
I have the exact same bike as you do and also put on the Cheeky Seats cover. I love it - mine has red stitching and looks really nice! :)
bigblue505

Post by bigblue505 »

I got the scooter out for a short test ride today, and the seat cover made a big improvement. I also got a thank-you email from Cheeky Seats today and they suggested adding even more padding, like stuffing rags down into the little holes and putting cardboard over it. I use cardboard to cushion my knees and crawl around under cars with, so I did that. It's starting to rain today, so I'll get it out tomorrow.

My next project is a back rack to bolt a milk crate onto (The rack's on its way from China). I think it could use some better rear shocks. Some of these bumps really jar my back and the seat doesn't absorb those bumps very well. I hate to put a lot of money into it, because I may get a bigger scooter later.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I find the shocks on my 13 are a bit lame as well, but am loathe to pend much money on replacing them. I do look well ahead and if there is some bump I cannot avoid, I get my feet back and come up off the seat a bit, replacing PCX's shocks with my built-in ones.

Back it 2013, there seemed to be more shock options than there are now. The only ones I find now for the older model have very few of the adjustments that would warrant the outlay of cash - I just don't know how much better they would be and don't want to gamble $100+ to find out.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
bigblue505

Post by bigblue505 »

These are those bumps I was telling you about: There's an expansion crack about every 20-30 meters. They're not so bad in the car or on a bigger motorcycle, but they shake you up pretty good on a small scooter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n9IvZKYEn8&t=26s
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

That looks like the classic effect of pavement over an old concrete roadway. I bicycled Route One from the Mass state line to Portland Maine, and those little bumps became a Chinese water torture sort of experience.

Yours are more pronounced, and sitting up a bit every ten seconds will certainly get old. Just maybe you SHOULD search the archives for some shock suggestions....

Adding a bit more padding, especially if you can get some memory foam or energy-absorbing material scrap from an upholstery shop might also take the edge off - certainly worth a try.

The PCX is an excellent machine if you can live life below 60 mph.

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

+1 on improving seat comfort. After I rebuilt seat on my Kymco I quit searching for the magic shock! (but understand it on your non adj. PCX shocks)
Also, I quit riding any route that beats up me or scooter.
There are roads I will not ride on, even with my comfy rebuilt seat because of what the road is doing to my scooter.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

YSS shocks are great replacement shocks for the PCX. Unfortunately the ones that are the best don't seem to be available anymore. However, just about any adjustable shocks are better than the original shocks on the 2013 model. Here are some that might be just what you need. Not too expensive, and they have some adjustability. Many members have ordered from this Thailand based shop.
https://www.powerbypcx.com/en/accessori ... v2-v3.html

Their prices are in Euros. I can't seem to get it to switch over to the US Dollar, but it will once you get past a certain point. You have to play around with the site to fully figure it out, but they are very dependable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

In Ref to what Mel mentioned: Back in June 2016 powerbypcx was still offering our forum a discount for purchases. You may want to look at and check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=208
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I've noticed that there is no 'taste filter' screening the orders for these seat covers.

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Uhhhhhh......
Well at least everyone knows they are Americans. :-)
...or they just think it looks cool.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Looks like Mr. fish's patriotic scoot. What year was this fish?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

WhiteNoise wrote:Looks like Mr. fish's patriotic scoot. What year was this fish?
No. That is not my scooter.
Many of the cheekyseat covers are a handsome improvement to the scooter.
And some are a true horror, like this national flag cover.
IDK, is CS located in Tijuana?

My home-made LIKE seat is truly ugly - but I know that.
Fish
bigblue505

Post by bigblue505 »

My seat's becoming tolerable, but it still needs a little tweaking. There's still room between the seat and cover to put a little more foam in.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeorgeSK »

Could you sneak something like this underneath? https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/ ... t-cushions

Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

fish wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Looks like Mr. fish's patriotic scoot. What year was this fish?
IDK, is CS located in Tijuana?

Fish
They are in Pennsylvania. When I ordered mine she was on the road traveling between motor cycle shows. She actually made mine when she was in Ouray, Colorado. Lovely lady to deal with - highly recommended.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

GeorgeSK wrote:Could you sneak something like this underneath? https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/ ... t-cushions
That is what I have on my bike's seat. There are 2 thicknesses. I chose the thinner one because my seat already gives me some comfort, sort of like yours.
My bike ready to ride.jpg
My bike ready to ride.jpg (168.55 KiB) Viewed 967 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150