Attention awareness technology

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Attention awareness technology

Post by homie »

I think we can all agree this technology creeping into new automobiles will be helpful and should be mandated. Like my iPhoneX facial recognition with attention awareness cars and trucks could soon decide if a Cager is paying attention to the road and take action if they're not.

NOW THAT'S PROGRESS! If you're farting around with your cell phone taking your eyes of the road maybe the vehicle pulls over, parks itself and tasers your dumb azz :lol: Oh it's a great time to be ALIVE!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Attention awareness technology

Post by gn2 »

There's a system marketed under the name "Guardian" it's main function is to make workers safer for longer so that bosses can squeeze more profits out of them.
This technology is a tool of oppression.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We were behind a minivan yesterday that was going over the line to the right, and then to the left. It was going slower than the traffic flow, and it stopped 3 to 4 car lengths from where it should have. We had a chance to pass it eventually and saw a woman with her head down as she was texting on her phone. There were 2 little children visible in the back.

To me it seems that what you mentioned about facial recognition with attention awareness could be applied in this situation, and just may save a few lives. It wouldn't work for those who can't see but get behind the wheel anyway, but for others it could be a life saver. Maybe it could turn itself off for 5 minutes.
Last edited by Mel46 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Better to live and fight oppression another day after a ride on my motor bike, and that comes from about as far right as I can mention in here GN
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:We were behind a minivan yesterday that was going over the line to the right, and then to the left. It was going slower than the traffic flow, and it stopped 3 to 4 car lengths from where it should have. We had a chance to pass it eventually and saw a woman with her head down as she was texting on her phone. There were 2 little children visible in the back.
I prefer to remain behind the vehicle in that situation in case they are drunk (or impaired in other way - texting, medical emergency). That way I have more control over avoiding a potential accident. On occasion I have called the police (hands-free). Once it was a person with an advanced case of dementia.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I am in favor of more and back up safety equipment,but when we become total reliant on such equipment we will be once again in danger.We are heading for driverless vehicles of which I am not keen on.Electrics and electronics will eventually fail..
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Lately we've been having more "wrong way" accidents in my state. Pretty messed up people. o_O

And then last night an elderly DUI individual ran over two people just trying to cross a street to get to their car.

If there wasn't such a huge population on the planet right now maybe going back to rail, sail, and horses wouldn't be such a bad idea. :roll:

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:There's a system marketed under the name "Guardian" it's main function is to make workers safer for longer so that bosses can squeeze more profits out of them.
This technology is a tool of oppression.

:roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

We can't save people from stupidity, but just maybe we might save those who are in their way. Case in point might be the alert that lets the driver know that something is on the side or in front of the moving vehicle.

Some of the stories showing up online are really scary though, such as the kids who were crossing at their school crosswalk after school had been over for awhile, and they were hit by a distracted senior citizen who said that she didn't see them. Would that warning have helped? Who knows.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

We can't save people from stupidity, but just maybe we might save those who are in their way. Case in point might be the alert that lets the driver know that something is on the side or in front of the moving vehicle.

Some of the stories showing up online are really scary though, such as the kids who were crossing at their school crosswalk after school had been over for awhile, and they were hit by a distracted senior citizen who said that she didn't see them. Would that warning have helped? Who knows.
Growing up and learning to drive/ride I was always told "don't drive for the person behind you". It takes your focus off what lies in front of you. . .. :geek:

But lately I've been checking my rear view mirrors a lot more . . .. :o

The list of reasons is long and commonly known. :|

Devices, Elderly, Addicts, Thieves, Hindrances. It all just spells "death" to me. o_O

Be careful out there! :D
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

We can't save people from stupidity
Rats. Now what will I do ?
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

At least we can take some comfort.
Attachments
OlyPic20181207_20.jpg
OlyPic20181207_20.jpg (71.46 KiB) Viewed 644 times
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Hmmm... well the jellyfish don't have to drive/ride on our roads. Otherwise they wouldn't make it 650 hours! When we get on our bikes we have to think of ourselves as being hunted. Stupidity rules the roads, and we are their target. Ever notice how you tense up while sitting at a stop light when a car is approaching from the rear? You watch the car until it comes to a complete stop because you know that they are not watching you.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150