Indicator switch

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Deksx
Year: 2018
Color: Black

Indicator switch

Post by Deksx »

Could anyone confirm the indicator switch is push to cancel? Ie if indicating either left or right you can push the switch to cancel the indicators rather than having to find the central position of the switch?

Thanks in advance of a reply

Deks
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Re: Indicator switch

Post by springer1 »

Yes. Push will cancel left or right
Deksx

Post by Deksx »

Thankyou very much springer1 that's a relief.

I'm viewing the Forza 300 and latest Burgman 400 next week. I'm still torn between the 2 but should have a better idea after sitting on them both. I'm 5'11" (180cm) and 223 lbs (16 stone cough).

I have had multiple back surgeries and still struggling a bit so i'm guessing the Burgman may prove to be too heavy/bulky...
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

I was referencing a PCX I suppose the Forza would be the same
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

The Forza is no lightweight either. I struggle to get it on the centerstand. And yes I do know how to do it but I am 5 foot 6 and older.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

davenowherejones wrote:The Forza is no lightweight either. I struggle to get it on the centerstand. And yes I do know how to do it but I am 5 foot 6 and older.
Does depressing the Forza’s turn signal switch cancel it ?
Deksx

Post by Deksx »

springer1 wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:The Forza is no lightweight either. I struggle to get it on the centerstand. And yes I do know how to do it but I am 5 foot 6 and older.
I'll find out next week m8. I'm guessing it will if the pcx does. Its a while since I owned a Honda. It was a xl125r and the time that didnt but im talking 25 years ago when I was a young lad. God im getting old
Deksx

Post by Deksx »

Hi Dave, the Burgy is 30 kilos (67 lbs, neary 5 stones!) heavier than the Forza 300 so im guessing it will be too much of a beast for me. My last bike Yammy FZR600R nearly killed me getting it into the garage and that was 185 kilos. Hopefully the loer center of gravity on the Forza helps. Although with no neatral I guess you are fighting against the belt when pushing?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Deksx wrote:
springer1 wrote:
I'll find out next week m8. I'm guessing it will if the pcx does. Its a while since I owned a Honda. It was a xl125r and the time that didnt but im talking 25 years ago when I was a young lad. God im getting old

We all are. Go for it :lol:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Deksx wrote:
Hi Dave, the Burgy is 30 kilos (67 lbs, neary 5 stones!) heavier than the Forza 300 so im guessing it will be too much of a beast for me. My last bike Yammy FZR600R nearly killed me getting it into the garage and that was 185 kilos. Hopefully the loer center of gravity on the Forza helps. Although with no neatral I guess you are fighting against the belt when pushing?
So do not push the scooter. It has a motor. Use it.

I have mine in a garden shed which is 8 inches off the ground. It would be impossible for me to push it up the short ramp. I just ride it slowly into the shed ducking my head. The CVT means I can go really slow and not stall the motor.

If you absolutely have to push it then the belt is not engaged because of the centrifugal clutch at the rear wheel.

BUT the Forza is still a heavy machine. If you push and lean it over too far it is going to drop. BEEN THERE DONE THAT ONCE.

I got my Forza because our fraud ridden government insurance company wrote off an almost brand new scooter that had fallen over in a parking lot and had cosmetic damage. So you need good balance and reflexes. If you don't then go buy a Miata.
oliver
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by oliver »

springer1 wrote:
Yes... Forza is press to cancel.
BarryPCX
Year: Forza 300 2018
Color: Blue

Post by BarryPCX »

oliver wrote:
springer1 wrote:
Yes... Forza is press to cancel.
The current 2018-> model is also push to cancel.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Wouldn't recommend a Forza if you have back trouble, seating position puts all your weight on your backside.
New Burgman is better, previous one is worse.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Deksx

Post by Deksx »

Thankyou all for the replies I really appreciate it
Deksx

Post by Deksx »

gn2 wrote:Wouldn't recommend a Forza if you have back trouble, seating position puts all your weight on your backside.
New Burgman is better, previous one is worse.
Thanks for the comment gn2.

If you could possibly explain why this is the case. Ie forza and old burgy worse for back and new burgy is better option it would really help me to see what to look out for or the factors to consider with my decision

Once again many thanks

Deks
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its down to the relative positions of footboards, seat and handlebars.
In my experience, ideally you want your feet directly underneath you, and have a slight forward lean to the bars.
Scooters aren't set up like this, instead feet are out in front so don't take enough weight off.
The greater the difference in height between seat and footboards the better, relatively high footboards = bad.
The new Burgman 400 has a higher seat relative to footboards = better.

Comfort and ergonomics are an individual thing, what one person may find perfectly comfortable might be torture for someone else.
You really need to try for yourself before you buy.

Maybe also have a look at the Royal Enfield Himalayan, its an oddball thing but with the factory luggage boxes fitted its a damn fine practical machine which could take you round the world with ease.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Like GN2, I found that on the Forza (a '15 US), I felt like I was sitting down "in" the scooter. If I saw an unavoidable bump coming up, I could not quickly take pressure off because my feet were so far forward. On the PCX, I am "on" the machine, and can easily used my legs as additional shock absorbers (and God knows my '13 US PCX needs help in the shock department).

I fixed the Forza by spending a wad of cash on a new seat that put me higher and back further, and that has more padding for my already ample butt. The little bit of extra height does allow me to get my feet back enough to cushion a jolt.

I think the thing is, you just have to sit on the things to see what you like.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Deksx

Post by Deksx »

Brilliant replies gn2 and George. It gives me loads to think about and look for. I really appeciate you taking the time with your replies.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I am 5 foot 6. I had a wall of a house under construction fall on me in about 1999. I was in pain for a few years.

Fast forward a bunch of years. I recovered and worked loading tons of dog & cat food one bag at a time.

I had a stroke in a small Ford Ranger !@#$%^&* bit of stupidity.

I recovered and started riding motorcycles after a 20 year break.

I bought a 2014 Forza that hurt my shoulders & back. I tilted the handlebars down about 25 degrees.

I rode for 95,000 km and had a blast.

I rode today in the cold & wet with gusty winds. Scary, exciting, cold and great fun.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

You can spend some fun time at http://cycle-ergo.com/

Pick your machine and see how you will fit.

I look awesome on an MV Agusta Brutale. I'd be dead in ten minutes, mind you, but I would look awesome the whole time.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)