TUCANO URBANO TERMOSCUD - Which one, R202X or R082

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

edi57
Year: 2018
Color: White

TUCANO URBANO TERMOSCUD - Which one, R202X or R082

Post by edi57 »

Hi All,

I got myself a brand new 2018/2019 PCX on Friday. I'm looking to buy a leg cover, but I see that there are two models:

R202X - https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/tucano-urb ... -2019.html
R082 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... M8E0VRFT4D

Does anyone know which is best for the 2018/2019 PCX?

Thank you,

Ed
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: TUCANO URBANO TERMOSCUD - Which one, R202X or R082

Post by Oyabun »

First of all, welcome to the forums and shall you enjoy your new ride for long time.

Second, it's in the description. One is for 2018-19 bikes (like yours) and the other one is for earlier models.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Congrats on your new PCX!

If you are doing cold weather riding you may also consider replacing the stock screen with a taller one.

Others can chime in here with their windscreen recommendations.

Except for deer whistles I left mine totally stock and just wore heavier jackets and gloves in the Winter when I owned it. That said I'd never go more than 5 miles or so running errands on those cold days.

It sounds to me like you plan on being prepared for riding in the rain often or commuting . . .. 8)
edi57
Year: 2018
Color: White

Post by edi57 »

Thank you!

Yes, I'm planning on using my PCX for my 14 mile commute to Cambridge. I've been driving this route for a good few years, which involves about 35 minutes driving (if traffic is ok), then a 16 minute walk.

With the PCX, I can park at the office - so it'll instantly reduce my commute by 16 minutes. Also, traffic so very frequently NOT ok. Meaning that my commute time can increase significantly which is really frustrating. No more frustrating commute with the PCX.

The problem is, the PCX is needed most when the weather is bad. For example, when it rains, traffic into Cambridge becomes much heavier because so many more people are using their cars. During the recent very cold weather, again, traffic was horrible. Therefore, I need to make the bike as comfortable as possible in bad weather.

Luckily, the bike will be kept in the garage at home and at work, there's underground parking. I can walk from the underground parking, straight to an area with a drying room, lockers, showers, etc. So it's really well setup for what I'm planning.

I've had other bikes in the past (last was an Aprilia Dorsoduro 750), but never really liked using them for commuting. Weight, width, noise (it sounded incredible, but not what I want on the way to and from work), power (huge power, again not needed for commute) and total and utter lack of storage just meant that it wasn't suitable.

Also, having moved to the new office with all of the facilities well laid out as mentioned above and with our work dress code having changed, meaning I can wear whatever I like... all of this together makes for a perfect situation for me and a PCX (I hope).

Plans are to get the R202X leg cover, the Tucano Urbano bar muffs (ugly - I'll probably remove during summer) and a top box (not yet decided on which one). I'll also get myself a new jacket, making sure that it's as rainproof as possible.

Once I have it all setup, I'm hoping that I won't feel the need to use the car for the commute... but we'll see.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It's up to you but I think proper waterproof riding gear will be better.

I suspect you will too after a while.
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

you you wrote:It's up to you but I think proper waterproof riding gear will be better.

I suspect you will too after a while.
x2

I also use the PCX for my commute (25km one way so a similar distance), so far I have only left the PCX at home when it had snowed (2 days) - at this moment I've done ~12 000km on it riding my commute.
I have some nice waterproof - protective gear (including boots); the pants go over my regular jeans. Gearing up only takes around 3 minutes and I'm good to go.
The trousers have 2 inner lining that can be removed (1 to stop the rain from coming through, the other to keep me warm during the winter season). Jacket only has one removable lining. During summer or warmer periods I remove all the inner linings and get a nice airflow keeping me cool while still being protected from road rash if I would have an accident causing me to inspect the tarmac up close (never happened and want to keep it that way)...

For the winter season I have some nice heated gloves (macna atom); so no need for any kind of muffs.
Rain is not an issue until I get to the office - then I need to put my gear somewhere where it does not matter that there will be a puddle of water on the floor. It is mostly the jacket which will be very wet as the pcx has alot of protection to keep your legs away from rain/spray and wind.