DEFINITIVE List of Upgrades for Those Wanting MORE Top Speed

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

ajwmrr
Year: 2014
Color: Red Forza

Re: DEFINITIVE List of Upgrades for Those Wanting MORE Top S

Post by ajwmrr »

cessna151 wrote:Just ordered the NCY variator from corsportusa.com, will let ya know what happens after i get it installed.
Just installed the NCY variator, face, 13g rollers & new belt in mine tonight.

Definitely have higher acceleration, but top end seems lower. Tops out at 57ish mph. Is there a break in period or should i have been seeing changes right away..?
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

ajwmrr wrote:
cessna151 wrote:Just ordered the NCY variator from corsportusa.com, will let ya know what happens after i get it installed.
Just installed the NCY variator, face, 13g rollers & new belt in mine tonight.

Definitely have higher acceleration, but top end seems lower. Tops out at 57ish mph. Is there a break in period or should i have been seeing changes right away..?

If you are not hitting the limiter, your weights are too heavy. Drop down to 11-12G to get more RPMs.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
ajwmrr
Year: 2014
Color: Red Forza

Post by ajwmrr »

I can never hit the limiter unless i am drafting or going down a steep hill..
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Conelite »

ajwmrr wrote:I can never hit the limiter unless i am drafting or going down a steep hill..
You should be able to smack the limiter in a full tuck. If you cant, Drop weights.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

Got a 2016 PCX for the wifey. Mine's in the shop getting rear tire replaced and brakes checked, probly replaced since the fluid level was low. Think I'm somewhere like 14,500 mileage??, so perhaps? I've tried incorporating more "front brake etiquette" into my riding, so probly yes - needs replacing!

Anyway.... The shop's backed up, so I've been riding wifey's bike to work. The rollers were TOAST, so it kept jumping at 60mph, hitting the rev limiter. Later found out that they were installed backward, assuming from factory as the bike only has 5,000 miles on it!! :-(

I ordered & replaced the usuals, including bell housing for extra grip (thought I was getting a checkered pattern on the inside, but it was actually slotted, which I really didn't want, but I guess we'll see!!). Now I can hit 70 mph, maybe 72 tops with most favorable conditions..

I can get 74 or so tops on my 2013. Kinda curious if these are common speeds... but from replacing rollers only!!

How much does the variator / drive face really affect these speeds? Anybody actually tested it with & without, but both times with 13 gram rollers?

I also wanna test 13.5 rollers to see what's up. Has anyone really given those a chance?
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Re: DEFINITIVE List of Upgrades for Those Wanting MORE Top Speed

Post by cessna151 »

Better late than never...

On flat roads i was never able to get above 60mph without a good tail wind, but down hill, when it was new, the rev limiter would kick in at 72mph and over the years it gradually decreased to 58. Now with the NCY variator and 13g rollers i'm still not able to get above 60 on the flats but i was able to get to 76 downhill and never hit the rev limiter. I need to find a bigger hill ;-)
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User

Re: DEFINITIVE List of Upgrades for Those Wanting MORE Top Speed

Post by Conelite »

cessna151 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:22 pm Better late than never...

On flat roads i was never able to get above 60mph without a good tail wind, but down hill, when it was new, the rev limiter would kick in at 72mph and over the years it gradually decreased to 58. Now with the NCY variator and 13g rollers i'm still not able to get above 60 on the flats but i was able to get to 76 downhill and never hit the rev limiter. I need to find a bigger hill ;-)

Are you a bigger person? How old is your belt?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator