zuma 125

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Re: zuma 125

Post by dick the den »

I See one of these in the week,over in the UK. And that top box was a lot closer to the rear of the seat,
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I See one of these in the week,over in the UK. And that top box was a lot closer to the rear of the seat,
In the U.K. I think they refer to them as a BWS 125.

I'm really glad I bought it. Quite versatile. On the new ones the fuel filler is on the leg shield. :D

If it's my "top box" that you are referring to, I agree that it's set further back. The EMGO box is on it's 3rd bike. I used to have it on my KLR. Then I removed it and installed it on my Bandit 1200. Since I had a "Corbin" seat with a backrest I decided to mount the EMGO top box on a thick piece of exterior grade plywood first and then install the plywood on the Suzuki accessory luggage rack. That allowed me to offset the box more to the stern and allow room for the seat backrest.

When I transferred it from the Bandit to the Zuma 125 I left it on the plywood base and then installed it on the Yamaha accessory luggage rack. It works well. It allows me to stow something bulky between the back of the seat and front of the top box if need be and secure it to the luggage rack with tie downs.

One thing for sure is that I only use the top box for bulky/large light weight items like a helmet, sweatshirt, bread, donuts, you get the idea. Just nothing heavy. There's a lot of storage space under the seat so it's all good. I don't plan on doing any interstate trips with it so no need to load up for a lengthy expedition.

The fasteners holding the plywood to the luggage rack are all stainless steel marine grade.

One additional thing is that it gives me more of a "presence" in traffic. It makes the scooter look bigger. I also have reflective stickers on it for night riding.

A Yamaha accessory luggage rack with top box will indeed fit more closely to the seat. Here's a link to their page . . ..

https://www.shopyamaha.com/accessories/ ... s_facet=15
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Here's a pic taken in 2008 of what my Bandit 1200 used to look like when I had both the Corbin Seat/Backrest and EMGO top box (with plywood base) installed.

You can see why I had to move the top box back a bit to allow room for the backrest. I still have the stock seat too. 8)
P1010011a.jpg