My 2016 PCX 150 (Cambodia)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: My 2016 PCX 150 (Cambodia)

Post by GatorGreg »

PCX2016 wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:
big bear wrote:how does the pcx handle with that many people abord
It's hard to tell with all those people on board but I'm pretty sure that's not a PCX :D

And what's with the guy wearing a helmet while making what I assume are his wife and kids go without? Probably won't be winning Father of the Year any time soon - LOL. I'm not exactly an ATGATT guy but I at least offer my pillion a helmet - sheesh. Just out of curiosity, is there a mandatory helmet law in Cambodia? In Florida it's mandatory for anyone riding under 21 but optional for 21 and over if you have the requisite insurance coverage.
Very common to see father only wearing a helmet. It is the law to wear a helmet if you get flagged to stop, the fine is bike impound for a few days and $50 usd. They police offer a bribe, anywhere from $4. up to $50. They have checkpoints at a lot of interceptions. So it's a joke here in Cambodia, when you learn how to ride a moto, you first practice making a 180 degree you turn. When the police step out in front of you, turn around and go the other way.
Wow - they can impound your bike for no helmet whenever they feel like enforcing the law - unless you bribe them? That's crazy!

Have you been to Angkor Wat? I've always wanted to go see it one day. Actually, would be great if you could get a camera and do some motovlogging there - would love to learn more about Cambodia and see some of the sights. You could be like M13 in Taiwan or RidingWithTom in Australia, two of my favorite motovloggers :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

So PolyWatch? Is this going to get through...?
Yup. . .we read you loud and clear. . .no technical difficulties on your transmission. . .the planet has been advised. . .the stuff is sold on Amazon too!

There's YouTube videos about using it as well. . .. Good tip! :D
However, I do tend to wear shorts and flip flops on my scooter too :D
If you ever decide to move up from flip flops into a covered shoe, but not a regular shoe, I recommend Sperry's Topsiders. They run about $100 roughly depending upon where you buy them. Boating supply places sometimes have them. . ..

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pa ... &id=312253

Not sure if you are aware of it or not but sometimes those flip flop straps pull through the soles when they get worn or the material starts to break down. It's happened to me. . .but I never wore them on a motorcycle or scooter. 8)
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Old Grinner wrote:
So PolyWatch? Is this going to get through...?
Yup. . .we read you loud and clear. . .no technical difficulties on your transmission. . .the planet has been advised. . .the stuff is sold on Amazon too!

There's YouTube videos about using it as well. . .. Good tip! :D
However, I do tend to wear shorts and flip flops on my scooter too :D
If you ever decide to move up from flip flops into a covered shoe, but not a regular shoe, I recommend Sperry's Topsiders. They run about $100 roughly depending upon where you buy them. Boating supply places sometimes have them. . ..

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pa ... &id=312253

Not sure if you are aware of it or not but sometimes those flip flop straps pull through the soles when they get worn or the material starts to break down. It's happened to me. . .but I never wore them on a motorcycle or scooter. 8)
LOL, well technically I don't wear flip-flops, they're actually Teva's - I think they call them "river sandals", here's a link to the ones I think I have. They have a back strap and top strap unlike traditional flip flops and use velcro so they can strap on securely - they're extremely comfortable, have a rugged sole and waterproof too - and my toes are free to wiggle in the fresh air - fantastic! Yes I have some Sperry Topsiders as well - see pic - but I wear the Teva's far more often these days.

https://www.teva.com/men-sandals/minam/ ... n-view-all
Attachments
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG (69.62 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Special
Color: White Edition

Post by PCX2016 »

GatorGreg wrote:
PCX2016 wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:
And what's with the guy wearing a helmet while making what I assume are his wife and kids go without? Probably won't be winning Father of the Year any time soon - LOL. I'm not exactly an ATGATT guy but I at least offer my pillion a helmet - sheesh. Just out of curiosity, is there a mandatory helmet law in Cambodia? In Florida it's mandatory for anyone riding under 21 but optional for 21 and over if you have the requisite insurance coverage.
Very common to see father only wearing a helmet. It is the law to wear a helmet if you get flagged to stop, the fine is bike impound for a few days and $50 usd. They police offer a bribe, anywhere from $4. up to $50. They have checkpoints at a lot of interceptions. So it's a joke here in Cambodia, when you learn how to ride a moto, you first practice making a 180 degree you turn. When the police step out in front of you, turn around and go the other way.
Wow - they can impound your bike for no helmet whenever they feel like enforcing the law - unless you bribe them? That's crazy!

Have you been to Angkor Wat? I've always wanted to go see it one day. Actually, would be great if you could get a camera and do some motovlogging there - would love to learn more about Cambodia and see some of the sights. You could be like M13 in Taiwan or RidingWithTom in Australia, two of my favorite motovloggers :D
Have not been to Angkor Wat yet. Yup, impound. Most people just pay the bribe. Some cops try to get greedy. When I first came here, I made a right on red and the greedy cop tried to get $50 from me. I said ok, walked for 20 min, but couldn't find an atm. Came back with a story that I couldn't find an atm. I gave him everything in my pocket, it was about 4 dollars. The police here make about $150. The special force police make $300 a month. I want to vlog, I just need a mount. I will probably order one soon.
American in Cambodia !!!
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

Just wondering, when you put your moto to the accessory position, which lights on your Dashboard Light up. For me just the check engine, idle stop and the key. Nothing else..
American in Cambodia !!!
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

For those wondering how many the PCX can hold..
Attachments
pcx.jpg
pcx.jpg (777.85 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
American in Cambodia !!!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Wow!!!

Maybe a top case would be a good idea for that family . . .. :D
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

Old Grinner wrote:Wow!!!

Maybe a top case would be a good idea for that family . . .. :D
Haha! They already have groceries and a backpack! Can't see his other hand!
American in Cambodia !!!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So, if they added a top case rack, could they take another kid as well? Lol
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Re: tyre size

Post by PCX2016 »

Hey I know topic has been discussed ad nauseam, so not looking for a debate. I just need to know what is the next size up on my tyre.?
American in Cambodia !!!
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Re: tyre size

Post by PCX2016 »

PCX2016 wrote:Hey I know topic has been discussed ad nauseam, so not looking for a debate. I just need to know what is the next size up on my tyre.?

I guess that I am beginning to fit in. Took two cases of drinks home with the gf on the back..!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (155.58 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
American in Cambodia !!!
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

at least your riding there 5 inches of snow here all i can do is look at my pcx and start it up in the garage im getting a bad case of cabin fever
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by NADman »

Or this. Notice the 'Feels like' temps.
Attachments
coo.JPG
coo.JPG (57.81 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.