My 2016 PCX 150 (Cambodia)

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Special
Color: White Edition

Re: My 2016 PCX 150 (Cambodia)

Post by PCX2016 »

Old Grinner wrote:I've had success in the past using "Flitz" to remove haze from plastic car headlight lens covers.

But I think to smooth out the amount of scratches I see in your dash pic is going to be a real task. Remove and replace with a new dash cover may be an option.

But here is a link to the "Flitz" website anyways. I'm not sure if they sell it where you live but if so you would most likely find it at a place that sells boating supplies or marine products. :D

https://www.flitz.com/
Looks good, however I am tired of waiting 3 weeks to a month for a delivery from Wisconsin. I need to find a local solution. Most likely I won't swap the display (at least not now), but try and work a solution myself. Thanks everyone for the suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
American in Cambodia !!!
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

I remember a post about a 1/6 throttle, but cannot find it for the life of me. If someone knows the supplier, or the post with the reference. Please let me know...

American in Cambodia !!!
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

GeorgeSK wrote:I think the others are right - some PO tried to get bird turd or tar or something off the dash, and was totally ham-handed. You have nothing to loose, but if you can find some kind of polish and a rotary tool (Dremmel sort of thing) with a buffing pad, you might be able to make it better. Replacement is the best option. Looks like around $35 USD
https://www.motorcyclegoodies.com/oempa ... peedometer.

I would do it. Looking down at that would make me very sad.
yeah, I am going to try and DIY, let see how it goes..
American in Cambodia !!!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

There should be some kind of plastic cleaner sold there. After all, there is a LOT of plastic there (scooters every where). Perhaps they have some just for that kind Of problem.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

If you look closely, this is a family of 5 riding this moto... infant included. This is a common thing to see. Image

American in Cambodia !!!
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

how does the pcx handle with that many people abord
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Those riders can forget about cleaning the speedometer there. With that many bodies on one scooter there is no way to even SEE the speedometer!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

Mel46 wrote:There should be some kind of plastic cleaner sold there. After all, there is a LOT of plastic there (scooters every where). Perhaps they have some just for that kind Of problem.
You would not believe how hard it is to find things. Literally thousands of stores every, and it is so crazy. slowly I am getting to know the place better.
American in Cambodia !!!
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

big bear wrote:how does the pcx handle with that many people abord
It's hard to tell with all those people on board but I'm pretty sure that's not a PCX :D

And what's with the guy wearing a helmet while making what I assume are his wife and kids go without? Probably won't be winning Father of the Year any time soon - LOL. I'm not exactly an ATGATT guy but I at least offer my pillion a helmet - sheesh. Just out of curiosity, is there a mandatory helmet law in Cambodia? In Florida it's mandatory for anyone riding under 21 but optional for 21 and over if you have the requisite insurance coverage.
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

A family who can not afford a car with this many kids. Now contrast that with Americans most of whom drive a huge-ass gas guzzling truck with only one person inside, getting 9 miles to the gallon. It's a crime against humanity...
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

A family who can not afford a car with this many kids. Now contrast that with Americans most of whom drive a huge-ass gas guzzling truck with only one person inside, getting 9 miles to the gallon. It's a crime against humanity...
Give it time. . ..

If the stock market keeps going the way it is here you will soon see a lot less big SUVs and a lot more PCX's, SMax's, GSXR's, CBR's, R's, and S's just to mention a few. :D

When times get tough the tough get going. . .. ;)

Live to ride. . .ride to live. :D
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

I tried using toothpaste, and are tissue and the result is on the top. Not bad I must say that I could actually see through it. When I have some more time I will work on this some more, and hopefully I can get it like new.
Attachments
PhotoGrid_1546134968535.jpg
PhotoGrid_1546134968535.jpg (318.43 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
American in Cambodia !!!
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

i wish i could ride my pcx to work if i tried id get run over by a pick up truck by a guy with no insurance. I have to travel major high speed roads to get to work
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I tried using toothpaste,
Not bad!

Toothpaste eh? Wow. . .!!! :D

The mild abrasive seems to be doing the trick.

After all these years of brushing my teeth it makes me wonder how I have any teeth left. :lol:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

i wish i could ride my pcx to work if i tried id get run over by a pick up truck by a guy with no insurance. I have to travel major high speed roads to get to work
I've sort of given up riding my motorcycles on major highways or Interstate Highways. . .at least for a while. I'll go up on a highway to get over a bridge at a river crossing or something but do get off at the first available exit on the other side.

Too many people, going too fast, too close together, on roads that just aren't as good as they used to be. And that doesn't even include road debris or the occasional critter crossing. :roll:

And people still continue to talk/text on their phones while driving. GGGggggeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzus. o_O
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Give it a couple more runs with the toothpaste and then start using PolyWatch.
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCX2016 »

GatorGreg wrote:
big bear wrote:how does the pcx handle with that many people abord
It's hard to tell with all those people on board but I'm pretty sure that's not a PCX :D

And what's with the guy wearing a helmet while making what I assume are his wife and kids go without? Probably won't be winning Father of the Year any time soon - LOL. I'm not exactly an ATGATT guy but I at least offer my pillion a helmet - sheesh. Just out of curiosity, is there a mandatory helmet law in Cambodia? In Florida it's mandatory for anyone riding under 21 but optional for 21 and over if you have the requisite insurance coverage.
Very common to see father only wearing a helmet. It is the law to wear a helmet if you get flagged to stop, the fine is bike impound for a few days and $50 usd. They police offer a bribe, anywhere from $4. up to $50. They have checkpoints at a lot of interceptions. So it's a joke here in Cambodia, when you learn how to ride a moto, you first practice making a 180 degree you turn. When the police step out in front of you, turn around and go the other way.
American in Cambodia !!!
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

i feel the same way old grinner i stick to back roads theres alot of them here where i ride i have a 2nd home near pittsburgh but id never take one of my bikes there it just to crazy for me
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

So PolyWatch? Is this going to get through...?
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

big bear wrote:i feel the same way old grinner i stick to back roads theres alot of them here where i ride i have a 2nd home near pittsburgh but id never take one of my bikes there it just to crazy for me
Same here - I've had a lot of fun on motorcycles the last few years but I've decided I'm more of a back roads suburban scooter guy. The risk/reward of gearing up and riding a bigger bike on the highway no longer really appeals to me - especially when I can hop in my vert wearing shorts and flip flops, lean back in the heated leather seats with a/c, cup holders, satellite radio, all while enjoying the wind in my hair with no sweaty helmet to impair my vision and hearing. However, I do tend to wear shorts and flip flops on my scooter too :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube