Heated Jacket (HomeDepot?)

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Heated Jacket (HomeDepot?)

Post by homie »

I had to try it! There is no armor but its excellent quality construction. Looks good enough to wear to Church but costs less than a pair of decent heated gloves. On sale at HomeDepot NOW! Comes in Milwaukee red too. Go see this 8 hour heated jacket but don't buy it on Amazon or you'll pay 70usd more o_O
Attachments
M12b.jpg
M12b.jpg (241.9 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
M12.jpg
M12.jpg (220.2 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Re: Heated Jacket (HomeDepot?)

Post by homie »

Pretty sharp Jacket for a brisk fall day on a Scooter... I likey a lot 8)
Attachments
M12a.jpg
M12a.jpg (189.56 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks good. I'd be tempted if it was available over here.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Had a chance to try it out on the scooter. First the Pro's...

1. High collar that zips up nicely under your helmet.
2. Easy access to illuminated temperature controls on your chest (red-white-blue) high-medium-low. Visible in the rear view mirror.
3. Long tail but not so low you are sitting on it, has gathers for air flow control.
4. The 12v 22 watt Lithium can charge a cell phone or heated gloves via the USB port.
5. Sleeves are cut long with gathers, down to the knuckles with a size Large. Almost like they knew it would appeal to riders.
6. it's all Heavy duty construction worker quality, impact resistant, weather resistant, cabling, fabric, velcro, zippers all of it.

Cons...
1. Battery is $50 but one is included with Jacket and charger equipment/cables
2. Battery is big, not heavy but about penis size, a fat one... so there's that.
3. Battery rides in a special pocket left side low in the 8 o'clock position. Definitely looks like a gun, a BIG one. I'll be leaving the battery in the luggage box when going on a walkabout to avoid stop and frisk :roll:
4. I worry the outer breast pocket will overheat a cell phone and the front pockets are heated as well. But there is that special battery pocket on the left hip... um
5. There are no inner pockets.
Attachments
batt2.jpg
batt2.jpg (248.44 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

STOP and FRISK?? what is this 1939 Nazi Germany ?? Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me ???? Touch it and find out lady !
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

easyrider wrote:STOP and FRISK?? what is this 1939 Nazi Germany ?? Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me ???? Touch it and find out lady !
Stop and frisk worked before for Chicago but now we are conceal carry in Illinois so I don't see how it can work again because everyone is packing. It's like spiders, theirs one within 3 feet of you at all times. We have been targeted by the administration for some kind of action and I welcome it. Whatever the orange one has in mind is OKAY with me. Life is GOOD!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It looks to me like when you are out and about on the scooter you can just plug it into the scooter. It has a USB cable, correct? Also, if you have a mesh riding jacket, such as a Tourmaster, then you could take out the inner lining and wear the jacket over the heated one. Right now may not be ideal, but it is going to get chilly soon enough.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Taking us down the orange slide may lead to places angels will fear to tread.???but I digress , stop and frisk is a violation of a freedom I don't want screwed with no matter what!... so says Paul Revere and the rest of his band of merry revolutionists.. lol.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:It looks to me like when you are out and about on the scooter you can just plug it into the scooter. It has a USB cable, correct?
The USB is power out for accessories, drains the battery Mel. Cell phone, action cam, charge your vape, whatever takes the low voltage trickle out typical of a USB port but it's not a way to charge the 8 hour jacket battery from a vehicle I don't think. At least I see no need to do so with such a long run time.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Is that red thing the battery that warms that jacket? How does it connect? Does it have a special connector? That would be a problem.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:Is that red thing the battery that warms that jacket? How does it connect? Does it have a special connector?
Yes, battery has a pocket on the left rear hip (8 o'clock low) You don't get the large charger base seen in this video and you don't need it with the latest battery design (it's all in one) charger/battery like in my picture.

Hey! I found an inside zip pocket AND all 5 pockets have cable ports so you can route stuff out of any pocket to the inside of the jacket... like ear buds! :o GREAT
Attachments
pockets2.jpg
pockets2.jpg (205.53 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Going back to see if I can find the beanie. Say's its thin and wicks moisture ideal for comfort under a hard hat. How much difference would a motorcycle helmet make? Plus I see there are gloves available and they also have possibilities for scooter riders 8)

Seems to me the motorcycle industry as some catching up to do or we'll all be riding around in construction worker gear :lol:
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

My wife has a pair of Fly Ignitor battery-heated gloves, and loves them. I'm not sure how much protection they would offer in an off, but the safety/comfort trade off works for her.

I can't help but think that the jacket under discussion would be great with my Rev'it three-season on top. Inner liner would probably be superfluous, but maybe not if I sized the heated gear pretty snug.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It's an elegant solution to avoid wearing a jumper :lol:
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

homie wrote:Going back to see if I can find the beanie. Say's its thin and wicks moisture ideal for comfort under a hard hat. How much difference would a motorcycle helmet make?
From my own experience, it'd better be really thin! I have several "thin" beanies that no way fit inside a helmet! The only things I can make work are the ones that are designed for bicyclists to fit under their helmets. Polypro skull caps work pretty well, as will some balaclavas. I have this Craft version with a windproof front panel that keeps my head and neck warm while keeping my chin and upper neck from getting cold drafts. The only thing I don't like about it is the center seam up the middle of the top.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Good you brought this up homie and thanks for the pics n video!

Every Fall I tell myself to buy some cold weather gear. I'm talking battery heated gear like you're showing. Winter's closing in, rides are shorter and shoveling happens often. Man my hands and legs get Cold!
Your find and similar gear might/should do the trick.

I've had Snow pants and Snow gloves in mind - they were all I ever researched. Haven't bought either as yet.
I suppose I could wear my Bohn Body armor pants under some snow pants while riding. Hmm

Anywho, I'm staying tuned in and following all your "leads" 8)
Sale at Home Depot heh? $_____

This thread (and our chilly morning) got me googling, investigating heated gear. Later I will take a closer look here: https://cozywinters.com/heated-clothing/
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Every Fall I tell myself to buy some cold weather gear.
Sale at Home Depot heh? $199.00
https://cozywinters.com/heated-clothing/
I was procrastinating every year too WN. I'll still tough it out with a hand warmer stuffed in my gauntlet gloves for a while. If you've no need to walk the dog or shovel snow you should go for the armored heated gear in case yez takes a topple. I pulled the trigger on the Milwaukee jacket for what seemed multi-purpose use for me. Those are decent prices at cozywinter, thanks for the link. Gloves um.. tempting but I really need to try them on first... picky about online shopping for gloves.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Aw see! I'm not the only one who goes year to year lookie no buying :lol:
Cool homie on the purchase, let us know if "The Chill Is Gone" :P

Today I get an email from Motorcyclegear.com - Tour Master Synergy Battery Heated...
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/he ... ur_master/

Odd (or not?) how Sales pop-up just when we be chattin' bout "Heat" :D
Site is Offering a $12.00 promo gift card for purchase too.

I will look later. Checklist is growing
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Thanks for sharing. . ..

I'll bet some snowmobilers would find that useful as well. 8)