Oil change / Service

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Mikeyb7
Year: 2015 Forza 125
Color: Grey

Oil change / Service

Post by Mikeyb7 »

Hi guys,

Was looking for a little bit of help please.

The oil light has just popped up on my forza 125.

I was looking on youtube and watching this video it all seems straight forward to change the oil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-MMIO17iCo

My question is that he removes what looks like a little filter from the left hand side of the bike (around 2 mins into the video), it looks like he cleans it with WD40, is this necessary? Do i need to replace this filter when i change the oil?

Also as i'm doing the oil, is it a good time to change other stuff? Air filter? Spark plug?

When servicing the forza, what does everyone usually change and where do you get the parts from?

Many thanks for your help,
Mike
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Oil change / Service

Post by Jge64 »

Yes change the oil and the filter. No need for wd40 when installing new filter. You can get the filter at your local dealership or a place like partsZilla. Put in 24 oz or so, then a few ounces at a time until you get it to be mid stick on the indicator. Don't overfill.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Robbie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Grey

Re: Oil change / Service

Post by Robbie »

The filter is just a wire gauze shaped like a thimble rather than a traditional paper filter. Clean any debris off and it will be good as new assuming the rubber seal on the open end is in decent condition.

I change oil every 2500 miles on my PCX but I have never changed the filter. I just give it a clean up and pop it back in.