Top Luggage Box

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Tommyaweej

Re: Top Luggage Box

Post by Tommyaweej »

I have a 52l box sitting at home,
Can the bike hold the weight?
I think box on its own is about 4/5kg
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It can, but it might look a little silly. Also, be aware of balance and your CG (Center of Gravity). Too much weight on the back will lift the front wheel.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
RikudoPCX
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by RikudoPCX »

You can buy a PCX rack for pretty cheap if I remember correctly I got mine for £20 second hand. Then you can attach the box specific rack to that and then your box.
Riding a 2016 Honda PCX with 4000 miles (April 2018)
A moment of silence for those drivers still in traffic ...
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by CTPCX »

New forum member here. I have been looking for a top box that I like and can fit onto the '15 pcx with Honda rack. I love the SH150i SMRBIKE posted pics of. But I can't find it anywhere. You just got it last year. Where did you get it? Are they still available? From your other pics your bike has the same rack that do.
I am also wondering if those are the racks there was a recall on. Any forum members know something about that?
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

CTPCX wrote:New forum member here. I have been looking for a top box that I like and can fit onto the '15 pcx with Honda rack. I love the SH150i SMRBIKE posted pics of. But I can't find it anywhere. You just got it last year. Where did you get it? Are they still available? From your other pics your bike has the same rack that do.
I am also wondering if those are the racks there was a recall on. Any forum members know something about that?
The entire setup - Rack and Box is available from your local Honda MC Dealer. Go and talk to the Parts Technician. If you have any problem, I am sure if you want you can call my dealer and they can order and ship it to you in the US - you do not have your location in your profile. Try local first.
Now: '16 PCX150, '13 CB1100
Still-To-Do: Life, ...
Prior: '70s CB450, '90s-00s CB750 Nighthawk
First: '60s Honda 50 or 90
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CTPCX »

Thanks smrbike. I'll do that.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

CTPCX wrote:Thanks smrbike. I'll do that.
UWelcome - It's what the forum is for. Somewhat little experience here myself, but everyone seems very helpful. Some pointed me towards this solution - paying it forward. 'just noticed you mentioning recall - I think that was on an earlier model of the rack.
Poohstyx
Year: 2012
Color: White

Post by Poohstyx »

As far as sources of top boxes, evilbay is your friend.
Why pay hundreds for a new one when you can get a decent used one for £30-50?

Mounting brackets? £18 off the bay.
Over the hill and picking up speed on the long downhill unto death.
pete7485
Year: 2011

Post by pete7485 »

smrbike wrote:Forgot to mention, SH150I box was apx $170 at Honda Dealer. He "matched" online pricing. Great Local Honda Parts Tech.
Hi,with that box did you have to change the mounting plate. I have a 125 with the same plate and I'm trying to figure out what box will work. Thanks in advance, Pete
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

you you wrote:
NADman wrote::D The brake lights finish it nicely. :D

Exactly.

I’ve got to ask is NAD from HiFi?
From "canuckaudiomart.com" and a few other sites.
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
CTPCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CTPCX »

Pete7485
The SH150i topbox fit onto my '15 Honda PCX rack perfectly. No change of rack needed. BUT when I brought the bike in for a tire change the dealer said the racks from 2016 were on recall and replaced it for me for free. It had felt pretty sturdy but happy for any new parts that are made to be better.
2015 Ruckus
2016 PCX
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

I purchased mine from an actual Honda Dealer, so all defective products have been superseded in Honda parts inventory post recall.
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

smrbike wrote:'finally updated avatar with current image with case installed. Here are 2 large size images

That a great colour match ...what was the Honda part code for this box and colour ?

New owner of a pcx 125 and my wife wants a box as a back rest / shopping cart

thanks

( ps - I live in the uk )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

Yorkie150 wrote:
smrbike wrote:'finally updated avatar with current image with case installed. Here are 2 large size images
That a great colour match ...what was the Honda part code for this box and colour ?
New owner of a pcx 125 and my wife wants a box as a back rest / shopping cart
thanks
( ps - I live in the uk )
All of the answers are in previous posts - Honda 35L case from the SH150i.
I ordered/used the Honda PCX150 mount (apx $42) and a red SH150I box (apx $170) from my local Honda dealer in the US. I assume there is a local UK Honda dealer or you could order one from the US, but the S&H might be too much.
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Yorkie150 »

Mel46 wrote:It can, but it might look a little silly. Also, be aware of balance and your CG (Center of Gravity). Too much weight on the back will lift the front wheel.

The PCX seems very front end heavy when its sat on the centre stand.....is that so it keeps the back wheel off the ground when the engine is running ?
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

Yorkie150 wrote:
Mel46 wrote:It can, but it might look a little silly. Also, be aware of balance and your CG (Center of Gravity). Too much weight on the back will lift the front wheel.
The PCX seems very front end heavy when its sat on the centre stand.....is that so it keeps the back wheel off the ground when the engine is running ?
Probably - so you can run engine on center stand. Not sure why you would want to, but ... I always start mine with center and side stand up (required). Trying to push off center stand with engine running is a pain. I only use the center stand for long term parking.
Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Yorkie150 »

I noticed that the rear wheel spins on tick over when on the centre stand....
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

Yorkie150 wrote:I noticed that the rear wheel spins on tick over when on the centre stand....
Yes - it may not be obvious to some, but because there is no actual neutral (constant variable Transmission), the wheel will turn (slowly) because there is no resistance to its movement like when it is on the ground off the center stand. The PCX's with the driver's weight provides enough resistance to prevent the PCX from moving forward.
OldGuywhoTinkers
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by OldGuywhoTinkers »

smrbike wrote:What top box has anyone added for additional storage on a 2016 PCX150? The Most important item is how a /which Rear Trunk Attachment Kit "support frame" attaches to PCX's chassis for the actual box to mount to. No desire to spend $400 buying Honda's approved item.
===========================================================================================

I think what I have on my 2013 Honda PCX150 is the Italian Givi. The system is not perfect, but it is good. They use a base rack, (which is a pain in the tocuss to install) but you can attach a number of different GIVI cases and also instantly remove them.

I reject smaller cases. What can you put in them ? Very useful for shopping. What happens when you put a six pack of beer and ????? in the case ? Smaller case handle extra cigarettes cartons and nothing else, nicely.

I would like my larger case to close more evenly, and I had problems with the lights NOT coming on but found out that connectors within the lid fastened to two pole terminal connectors with screws like most modern house thermostats.

Vibration from the bike running had loosened all the terminal screws causing my brake lights to no longer function. Solution A: cut and trim and solder the wires and then shrink heat shrink tubing over the connections, solution two: re tighten the loose terminals with precision screw drivers, applying super glue on the terminals at the same time, keeping the tiny screws from loosening.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Man oh man Old Guy you are starting to sound like a relic, worrying how to transport your beer and smokes.
I roll my own, the pouches of tobacco and rolling papers take iess room.
Hang in there buddy us guys may not have made the best decisions but we made it this far had fun and are still kicking!