Top Luggage Box

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Top Luggage Box

Post by Mel46 »

So, that picture was not your bike? I'm a bit confused. You have a 2016 model, which does not have the visible hump any more. The picture in which the rack was shown, was a 2013 model. Honda revamped the PCX for the 2015 model year (there was no 2014 model year for it in the United States). If you wanted to go "back" to the visible hump, you couldn't. Honda heard our many many complaints about that seat and revamped it. Even the way it attaches is different from the newer models.

I have two 2013 models and I love them, but some of the improvements on the newer models have me wishing that I had one of the newer ones, especially the LED lights.
I modified one of mine so that it has LED headlights by putting led lights in all of the empty sockets (except for the main headlight sockets themselves, which now have HS5 bulbs).
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
smrbike
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by smrbike »

No, that pic was not my bike. I used it because it was a pic that showed the correct OEM Honda rack the box attaches to. Thanks for the info on the seat, I'll bypass looking for it after your feedback, it just was "cooler" looking and I thought it would provide passenger separation.
Now: '16 PCX150, '13 CB1100
Still-To-Do: Life, ...
Prior: '70s CB450, '90s-00s CB750 Nighthawk
First: '60s Honda 50 or 90
Flskylark
Year: 2018
Color: White

Post by Flskylark »

This forum is fantastic. I'm a relatively new owner and wanted a case. Based on this thread I ordered the Honda bracket and then the 35l box here in the metallic black (for some reason the black is like $50 more than the red but happy to have learned here it fits the bracket - and looks so good!) Just wanted to say hi and thanks!
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

I used to have a Shad top box, I really liked it but stuggled with packing bulky things like my lunch cooler or a case of toilet paper.

So I upgraded to a large crate. Been using it stock for the past year and decided to dress it up.

The led brake lights are amazing in action.
Attachments
20181022_181938_crop_978x773.jpg
20181022_181938_crop_978x773.jpg (610.79 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MikeP wrote:I used to have a Shad top box, I really liked it but stuggled with packing bulky things like my lunch cooler or a case of toilet paper.

So I upgraded to a large crate. Been using it stock for the past year and decided to dress it up.

I like that. It's simpler, more functional and cheaper.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I used one of those for a short time but found out that at higher speeds it affected the back end. If you aren't going anywhere that has speeds above 35 - 40 mph it is fine...If there isn't a strong crosswind.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Things might fall off that box, no? I mean, I'll be pissed if I can't find my newly bought underwear once I'm back home unpacking my shopping bag.

I think it depends on how are you planning to use your topbox. Pizza guys have top boxes bigger than some cars' trunk.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

:D The brake lights finish it nicely. :D
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

NADman wrote::D The brake lights finish it nicely. :D

Exactly.

I’ve got to ask is NAD from HiFi?
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by MikeP »

Mel46 wrote:I used one of those for a short time but found out that at higher speeds it affected the back end. If you aren't going anywhere that has speeds above 35 - 40 mph it is fine...If there isn't a strong crosswind.
Hi Mel46, my experience with it has been positive, even when fully loaded and going highway speeds. However I do a fair bit of highway, and am used to the floaty, windsurfing on 2 wheels sensation. :lol:
I do throw a strap or two across the top to keep my goodies in.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I was out riding just before the cold, wet, windy weather hit recently. I passed a shoe in the road. Then i passed a stocking hat. Then I passed a bag of potato chips. Then I passed a few articles of clothing.

I was wondering what was going on until I passed a Harley biker on the side of the road who was trying to readjust his load, which was leaning precariously to one side. I wonder if he ever went back to collect the rest of his stuff? Oh the advantages of a scooter! You can actually store your stuff in a safe place, and don't have to run back where you just rode from to collect stuff you already paid for and don't want to have to buy again! ...but it may not look as "cool" as a Harley.
:lol: :lol: :oops: :roll:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Manufan1
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Post by Manufan1 »

MikeP wrote:I used to have a Shad top box, I really liked it but stuggled with packing bulky things like my lunch cooler or a case of toilet paper.

Those brake lights look really cool, where they from? Or how can I get them?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I was out riding just before the cold, wet, windy weather hit recently. I passed a shoe in the road. Then i passed a stocking hat. Then I passed a bag of potato chips. Then I passed a few articles of clothing.

I was wondering what was going on until I passed a Harley biker on the side of the road who was trying to readjust his load, which was leaning precariously to one side. I wonder if he ever went back to collect the rest of his stuff? Oh the advantages of a scooter! You can actually store your stuff in a safe place, and don't have to run back where you just rode from to collect stuff you already paid for and don't want to have to buy again! ...but it may not look as "cool" as a Harley.
:lol: :lol: :oops: :roll:

A Harley is cool? :lol: :lol:

Still?
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by MikeP »

Manufan1 wrote:

Those brake lights look really cool, where they from? Or how can I get them?
The led lights are from Berks Intertruck, Nanaimo BC. But I am sure any trucking supply place would carry them or similar item. They are complete with a 12" pigtail that includes the diode or whatever it is called that makes the led work. Fully waterproof and cost me about 12.00 each.
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

FYI, the case from the SH150i I purchased/installed is 35 Liters and is capable of holding my entire full face helmet with its windscreen attached (closed position) without any problem and room to spare for other stuff. Not quite a crate, but a wonderful acceptable compromise. If I need more, I'll take the car or my RV - LOL.
smrbike

Post by smrbike »

'finally updated avatar with current image with case installed. Here are 2 large size images
Attachments
02sm.jpg
02sm.jpg (275.65 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
01sm.jpg
01sm.jpg (255.55 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
Elvis
Year: 2010 SH150i

Post by Elvis »

I have a new red Honda box for sale, just like the one pictured above.

Not been used, still wrapped in plastic film.

$100, plus shipping.

Please message me if interested.

Happy Holidays!
kevinlukz
Year: 2005
Color: red

Post by kevinlukz »

Elvis wrote:I have a new red Honda box for sale, just like the one pictured above.

Not been used, still wrapped in plastic film.

$100, plus shipping.

Please message me if interested.

Happy Holidays!

Do you still have it? Can you send some pictures?
When consumers purchase a HONDA, they are not simply purchasing a car, truck or van. They are placing their trust in our company.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Neither one of you have enough posts to PM one another. Shame, as I think a Sale would be had.

Shout Out to member Elvis - you have an interested party. Still have it? Come back...

(Please take note: if you want to list an item for sale, please place it in the Forum's For Sale board, not here. You want to Sell something? Place it where others expect to find and read about sale items).
Okay, that's said.
Good luck
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
bigblue505
Color: Black

Post by bigblue505 »

My generic rack arrived today from China. It went on pretty well. A stepped drill bit worked well for cutting the holes in the plastic seat rail cover after I drilled small pilot holes in the center of the indentations. My box is a Pelican-style Chinese knock-off from Harbor Freight. I already had it so I didn't have to put more money into it. I like it because I don't have to get my keys out every time I want to open it. I can lock it with a padlock if I really want to, but I probably never will. I wish it was a little deeper to store a helmet, but it's good enough for now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vHoKpfEDrnc74doBA