ALMOST got to ride a SH 150i

General Honda SH300i or SH150i chat, questions, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

ALMOST got to ride a SH 150i

Post by fish »

Cycletrader showed one was for sale at my local dealer (Ohio) last night. 3,200 miles, $1899
Stopped by this morning - but it was sold over the phone last night to a fellow in Wash., D.C.

The friendly salesman let me go back and look at it, as it awaits U-Ship.
He said OTD + shipping came to $2,200....
It has been down on left side, with scrapes to the leg shield and the $300 case.....which I figure reflected the discounted price.

Was really looking forward to a test ride - as this has been a dream scooter of mine for several years. My first look at one in the flesh. The color was better in my imagination.

Image[/url]

Maybe some day....though my DIY servicing investigations show this scooter to be less easy to serv. than my Liberty150i....plus it is a small engine burdened with the hassles of water cooling.

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: ALMOST got to ride a SH 150i

Post by Mel46 »

First let me say, WHAT??? How did one of those make it to the United States? I hear the new ones are great. I think I read that they now have the same engine as the PCX.

Next, I wonder how hard it would be to get parts for it. I haven't seen them advertised on the normal websites that I get my PCX parts from.

Last, I don't know about you but I was happy when motorcycle engines got water cooling. I have lived in the South for most of my life...after I left Nebraska when I was almost 17. But that is another story.

In any case, it gets very hot here in the summer, and if you are on a motorcycle that has an air-cooled engine during 5 O'clock traffic, you have a good chance of overheating, both you and the bike. I have had all sorts of great riding machines, but all of them were air-cooled until I bought my Burgman...and then my PCX.

When I lived in West Texas I had to keep moving in the summer with my Harley or I would end up with 900cc of dead scrap iron. My Hondas were the same way when I lived in New Orleans. (Nothing like 100 degree temps with 90% humidity and NO wind. UGH!)

Overheated?? Time for an engine teardown. I love water cooled. Much heavier, but much healthier.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Scooter aircooling is so much superior to regular motorbike aircooling though.

Don't remember seeing any motorbikes with a shroud round the fins and a crank driven fan constantly blowing air through them.

Cars and scooters yes, motorbikes no.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Water or air cooling. It doesn't make a great deal of difference with modern materials and tolerances apart from power on gasoline
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Mel46 wrote:First let me say, WHAT??? How did one of those make it to the United States? I hear the new ones are great. I think I read that they now have the same engine as the PCX.

Next, I wonder how hard it would be to get parts for it. I haven't seen them advertised on the normal websites that I get my PCX parts from.

Last, I don't know about you but I was happy when motorcycle engines got water cooling. I have lived in the South for most of my life...after I left Nebraska when I was almost 17. But that is another story.

In any case, it gets very hot here in the summer, and if you are on a motorcycle that has an air-cooled engine during 5 O'clock traffic, you have a good chance of overheating, both you and the bike. I have had all sorts of great riding machines, but all of them were air-cooled until I bought my Burgman...and then my PCX.

When I lived in West Texas I had to keep moving in the summer with my Harley or I would end up with 900cc of dead scrap iron. My Hondas were the same way when I lived in New Orleans. (Nothing like 100 degree temps with 90% humidity and NO wind. UGH!)

Overheated?? Time for an engine teardown. I love water cooled. Much heavier, but much healthier.
The SH150 was sold in the USA for the 2010 model year only - just like my 2010 Elite 110. They were both discontinued in the USA (but not overseas) once the 2011 PCX 125 arrived in the USA. If you search cycletrader for either the 2010 SH150 or 2010 Elite you will usually find about 2 or 3 for sale in the entire USA - so they are out there but somewhat rare. Also, both the 2010 SH150 and 2010 Elite are water cooled (and fuel injected). Here's a link and a vid with more info:

http://powersports.honda.com/experience ... 4ab21.aspx

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube