New Forza 300 - 1st Impressions

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

New Forza 300 - 1st Impressions

Post by Oldie »

Collected my new Forza 300 today and had a good run home in dry, but windy, weather on a mix of highways/motorways and back roads.

I really think that Honda have made a great bike. It does everything well although, understandably, it doesn't have the same fun factor as the PCX. Well I guess that it's not meant to. It's more grown up and reminds me a lot of some of my touring motorcycles, but with the weight advantage and all the other benefits which a scooter brings. This will be perfect for my European travels.

The weather protection is excellent, the handling first class and there's plenty of power for highway running. Sitting at 80mph and 7k rpm it's well within it's power range. It's a fine all round performer. However, I found the seat became uncomfortable after a straight 2 hour ride and this is probably because it's new but there are ways round this if it persists.

Having recently ridden a friends new BMW R1200RT I couldn't help but make comparisons and it really does feel like a mini RT (to me anyway) but at a fraction of the price. I kept thinking “why buy anything else?”

Now, I'm new to scooters so perhaps there are plenty of other contenders out there, some even better, but I'm simply saying that this Forza is a joy to ride and I'm totally happy with my purchase.

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: New Forza 300 - 1st Impressions

Post by Old Grinner »

Keep us posted on your riding impressions as the miles march on. 8)
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

Old Grinner wrote:Keep us posted on your riding impressions as the miles march on. 8)
Yeah, I'm old enough to know that it can take a while to work out the bad points :D

First impressions are good though but I will update this once the initial warm fuzzy feeling has worn off 8)
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I could only see one difference between this bike in my Xmax when I compared the specs. this bike has an electric up and down for the windshield which is very nice. The x is still manual. Other than that side to side , it’s amazing how much the specs are identical.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

I read that the Yamaha has better performance but that wasn't a factor for me. Maybe the electric screen swung it, I don't know. I just saw it and bought it and happy that it turned out to be such a nice motorcycle.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

That does look very smart. Front end does resemble the BMW a bit too :lol:
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

you you wrote:That does look very smart. Front end does resemble the BMW a bit too :lol:
And the dash :D
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I think it will get better as time goes on.. your body will adjust and the handling more natural and predictable.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Not available in Canada
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Seat looks too narrow if you're anywhere over 130pds. Corbin will make a solution to that soon I figure.
:geek:
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

87112 wrote:Seat looks too narrow if you're anywhere over 130pds. Corbin will make a solution to that soon I figure.
It's probably just the angle of the photo as it's actually quite wide, but it doesn't feel plush like the normal Forza seat.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Oldie wrote:
87112 wrote:Seat looks too narrow if you're anywhere over 130pds. Corbin will make a solution to that soon I figure.
It's probably just the angle of the photo as it's actually quite wide, but it doesn't feel plush like the normal Forza seat.
The XMAX seat is hard as a rock too, But the airhawk large cruiser pad works well...Did close to 450 miles in the past few days with an airhawk…… Corbin not making one yet For either bike…
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
edgey999
Year: 2018
Color: Black

Post by edgey999 »

I collected my new Forza 300 this week and fully echo the above.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

if honda would of imported the newer forzas i would of bought one but i know there not big sellers in the united states
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The thing that eventually made me want to sell my Forza was the seating position, I had become fed up with it.
When I first got the Forza I quite liked the low seat, it was comfortable for the journeys I did, but as time wore on I started to crave a seating position which felt more like a standard motorcycle.
If the new model has a seating position more like a regular motorcycle, for me that would be a plus.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Oldie »

gn2 wrote:If the new model has a seating position more like a regular motorcycle, for me that would be a plus.
I wouldn't say that it's like a motorcycle seating position although the footboards do extend quite far back allowing you to bend your knees in a similar sort of way on a normal bike, if that's what you fancy. The seat is also much higher than the old Forza giving a really commanding feel on the road although this also means that I can't flat foot on it (5'8), but I've had far higher seats than this so it doesn't bother me. I can also say that there's a bit of give in the foam now (after another 2 or 3 hours riding) and it already feels more comfortable than my ride home from the dealers.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Higher seat sounds like an improvement.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

It would be nice if the seat to floorboard distance was greater. My 2015 measures about 17 inches. Is the new model higher?

Seat height of 2015- 28.2 inches.
Seat height of 2018- 30.7 inches.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Its the width of the seat that makes a scooter feel higher than its real seat height. I am only 168cm and have more issues with scooters than motorcycles due to its wider saddle.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yo Honda!!! Over Here!!!
We want your New Forza in the U.S. of A.
Can you make this happen Please?
Okay, think about it.
Come Spring Surprise US(A)!
We give our Thanks.
Make that bigger ..."THANKS!!!" 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You