Anyone in the Market for a 2019 Super Cub?

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Anyone in the Market for a 2019 Super Cub?

Post by PCX150Rider »

Glad to see the Super Cub is back. Good advance reviews on it so far. Looks good and it's got that carrier to mount a top box on. 8)

Honda sold tons of them in the past. . .then SYM had their Symba 100 version which is now out of production.

The Super Cub. . .a minimalist dream perhaps? Less is more. . .. I can see the logic. :D

Honestly I think Honda was smart making a solo rider only machine. There used to be a lot of them around when I was a kid growing up. . .and now they've returned better than ever.

It will be interesting to see how well they sell here in the U.S. these days. They'll make a real conversation piece for sure. And at that $3500 price range they can sell them as "his and her" machines. Maybe it will help the divorce rate go down and save the family unit. :D

A vid here gives the rundown. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxYLYY5_954
WhiteJLY
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Pearl white

Re: Anyone in the Market for a 2019 Super Cub?

Post by WhiteJLY »

It will certainly create some interest. Bike like that, if we see them too many on the road will no longer become special. Thus, in most likeliness Honda will make it more expensive.

If the price is double than the PCX, I will no longer be interested.
WhiteJLY
2018 Pearl White V4 PCX, 149cc
Malaysia
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

I have plans to pick one up. Looking at the originals is what led me to the PCX and back into riding.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
WhiteJLY
Regular User
Regular User

Post by WhiteJLY »

I see that you have a dark pearl blue PCX, can we see some pictures?
WhiteJLY
Malaysia
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

I don't want to threadjack, but here's a recent post
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9160

Should be a few more of my bike in the gallery.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
WhiteJLY
Regular User
Regular User

Post by WhiteJLY »

Thank you very much
WhiteJLY
Malaysia
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

FOB keyless ignition has people hating.
300.00 replacements if lost, put through the laundry etc. I kinda agree we could do without fancy keyless ignitions on motorbikes. To lose the key on my car is 500.00 plus an appointment to the dealer, time lost and burning money. Things happen in life, especially on a motorcycle. If we go off the wallet, phone, FOB's are probably not going to make it to the hospital.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:FOB keyless ignition has people hating.
300.00 replacements if lost, put through the laundry etc. I kinda agree we could do without fancy keyless ignitions on motorbikes. To lose the key on my car is 500.00 plus an appointment to the dealer, time lost and burning money. Things happen in life, especially on a motorcycle. If we go off the wallet, phone, FOB's are probably not going to make it to the hospital.

Had it for years on my cars and bikes. It is great.

Can't see a problem with it but you might be right, at the extremities of stupidity it might not be idiot proof. So avoid if that is the case.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

homie wrote:FOB keyless ignition has people hating.
They're not that price over here. £70 for the fob, then 30 minutes' labour. I still don't see the point of them though. I think they're a waste of gadgetry and would rather Honda spent the money on something else on the bike. I'm not too lazy to get something out of my pocket and turn it in the barrel.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

PCX150Rider wrote:Glad to see the Super Cub is back. Good advance reviews on it so far. Looks good and it's got that carrier to mount a top box on. 8)

Honda sold tons of them in the past. . .then SYM had their Symba 100 version which is now out of production.

The Super Cub. . .a minimalist dream perhaps? Less is more. . .. I can see the logic. :D

Honestly I think Honda was smart making a solo rider only machine. There used to be a lot of them around when I was a kid growing up. . .and now they've returned better than ever.

It will be interesting to see how well they sell here in the U.S. these days. They'll make a real conversation piece for sure. And at that $3500 price range they can sell them as "his and her" machines. Maybe it will help the divorce rate go down and save the family unit. :D

I think they look great. But they're expensive, and I couldn't run one as a first bike. If I was after one for a second bike I'd get an original, and spend the change on racing pigeons.
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

My 1980 C70 Passport Super Cub was configured similar to the one in this picture.
It had a two-up seat, front and rear racks, and a rear top box, but no front basket.
It also had an excellent full windscreen.
I modified the top box to accept bicycle panniers as saddle bags, and when I used them my fuel economy dropped from 120mpg to 100mpg!
Speaking of which, that puny 1 gallon tank was never big enough! I had a 65 mile round trip commute at that time, so every 1-1/2 trips I had to refill.
I understand the nostalgic attraction, but I want the versatility the Passport version offered.
Oh, and a much bigger gas tank! :lol:
Attachments
Honda-C70-Passport-Deluxe-Left-Side.jpg
Honda-C70-Passport-Deluxe-Left-Side.jpg (73.81 KiB) Viewed 1647 times
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

there nice but you have more storage with the pcx 150
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

big bear wrote:there nice but you have more storage with the pcx 150
Even more with a Suzuki Address 110 the underseat area is big .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mister Paul wrote:
PCX150Rider wrote:Glad to see the Super Cub is back. Good advance reviews on it so far. Looks good and it's got that carrier to mount a top box on. 8)

I think they look great. But they're expensive, and I couldn't run one as a first bike. If I was after one for a second bike I'd get an original, and spend the change on racing pigeons.
You’ll be slower than a pigeon :lol:

Interesting hobby, any pictures or detail?
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

You’ll be slower than a pigeon :lol:

Interesting hobby, any pictures or detail?
I had this vid posted on another topic in this category recently.

A really good review with lots of time "on the bike" and detailed description of the features. Seems it will corner quite well although not a barnstormer. I think it's going to be a real conversation piece amongst the boomer generation. Park it next to a Harley and see which machine the crowd gathers around and becomes mesmerized with while they reflect back to their youth. ;)

You meet the nicest people on a Honda they used to say in the advertisements. They put a smile on everyone. B&W TV left something for the imagination. :D

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Just discovered another recent video done about a week or so ago on the new Super Cub. It will be interesting to see if they start showing up in dealerships at random with sparse availability or they will be in ample supply like the Groms are now. With a top speed of 55 MPH expected they would do well on regular urban streets and back roads but definitely of no use on limited access highways. Also the storage capacity (as others have mentioned) doesn't seem to have been addressed with any genuine Honda accessories listed. If there was a luggage rack then a top box or saddle bags could be mounted perhaps. No evidence of a pillion offer either. Maybe for the better. . ..

Even just as a solo machine I think it should sell well with all the vintage appeal. Just think about when the last time was you saw an original.

If I had to choose I think I'd prefer a red one. It's a shame it's only going to be offered in the Pearl Blue. 8)

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Saw a red one on the road yesterday, first one I've seen, looks really good in red.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

im going to look at one this spring id like to find something i could keep in the back of my van straped down so i could go riding different places the ground clearance is to low on my pcx and theres to much rear weight for me to pick the back tires up to get it into my van
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

Sat on one at the excel bike show looks better in red but I just don't like it,