powerbypcx seats?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: powerbypcx seats?

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just looked up airhawk here: http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servle ... Categories
Prices seem good (located in Texas) :P I've heard favorable reviews from other forums on the airhawk. There is another competitor brand, but can't remember name now :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Find a farmer Giles cushion and tape it on the seat?
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

Here's what the AirHawk2 Medium Cruiser looks like on a PCX seat without the hump. As you can see, this cushion is for the driver only. The cushion is attached with 2 straps and I have had no problems with the cushion moving around or becoming unattached during longer distance rides. Hope this helps with the sizing issues for the PCX.

ImageImage
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It just shouts bottom grapes to me
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

qed wrote:It just shouts bottom grapes to me
Qed, Maybe you should schedule a visit with your doctor to get those Bottom Grapes taken care of.
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

HawaiiJ... the stitching on your seat looks like a Powerbypcx!
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

depthman, "Red" stitching is quite common here not hard to come by. Plus, I don't think I could afford their seats and get it shipped here.

Here's the guy who worked on my seat. Look at post #3, he gets a great deal of trade with the number of big bike riders passing through Chiang Mai. The second time he worked on my seat, it took me a week to get on his schedule.

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... ated-Shops
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

Why bother with stitching? Why not just use a stretchy marine vinyl like what was on the stock seat? Looks? (I would think it costs a lot more!?)
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

Keep in mind this is Thailand. It cost me 45 USD to have the seat modified with additional foam and new cover. I believe his preference is to add a little style and also ensure a quality fit and appearance. The stitched panels helps the covering fit snug to the seat's foam shape. I think in a way the hump helps keep the stock seat fitted nicely and I've seen many seats here with a single piece of material that was not fitted very well and looked like crap.

Just last week I stopped by the new Honda Big Wing store to get a look at Honda's Integra Super Scooter. The fit on the seat (one piece of material) was not tight and fitted very well for a new bike. Overall the bike was interesting, 670cc scooter like design. The one thing I did not really care for was the chain drive. Hopefully in a couple of months one of the many bike rental shops here will have them available for rent and I can get a cheap test ride.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I agree with the style -- the stitching looks very cool. I'd love a seat with white stitching.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
loudgonzo

Post by loudgonzo »

depthman wrote:I've got my PCX150 tweaked, except for the seat! I didn't like the little hump, so I took it off, and had a local upholstery guy fill the hole with foam and recover. But where it was filled in was kind of a hump, and it was not comfortable on long rides! I'm thinking of ordering one from Thailand Powerbypcx, but, of course, there's no way to know about a seat until you sit on it! So, I'm wondering if anyone here has tried any of their seats? (I'm not riding in this cold weather, but I want to be ready for spring!) Thanks.
did you end up going with the seat from power by pcx? I have the same problem as you, removed the hump, added padding and recovered the original seat, but there is still a "ridge" there when i try and slide back a little bit. The following picture is the type 1 seat powerbypcx sells, and looks like this may present the same problem; does this "ridge/edge" the arrows point too press up against your tailbone? or is it far back enough that i could stretch my legs forward without rubbing and riding right up against it?
Attachments
Selle-Hond-PCX-Type1.jpg
Selle-Hond-PCX-Type1.jpg (15.87 KiB) Viewed 2638 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^ Good question
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

loudgonzo wrote:
depthman wrote:I've got my PCX150 tweaked, except for the seat! I didn't like the little hump, so I took it off, and had a local upholstery guy fill the hole with foam and recover. But where it was filled in was kind of a hump, and it was not comfortable on long rides! I'm thinking of ordering one from Thailand Powerbypcx, but, of course, there's no way to know about a seat until you sit on it! So, I'm wondering if anyone here has tried any of their seats? (I'm not riding in this cold weather, but I want to be ready for spring!) Thanks.
did you end up going with the seat from power by pcx? I have the same problem as you, removed the hump, added padding and recovered the original seat, but there is still a "ridge" there when i try and slide back a little bit. The following picture is the type 1 seat powerbypcx sells, and looks like this may present the same problem; does this "ridge/edge" the arrows point too press up against your tailbone? or is it far back enough that i could stretch my legs forward without rubbing and riding right up against it?
The problem was that before the ridge the foam was rising up (see photo- but hard to show), instead of flowing down, so my butt didn't sit well back there. So I ended up pulling cover staples on half the seat and cutting down the foam there, put in a thin dense piece instead and recovered (bought a pneumatic stapler at Harbor Freight for about $25 which worked fine). So this is better! I also picked up an AirHawk seat cushion (which has been well reviewed) but haven't tried it yet. Only been on a few short trips as Spring still has not arrived here!
Attachments
seat c.jpg
seat c.jpg (319.23 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

My stock seat with the hump removed has that issue, due to the shape of the underlying plastic. Its ok for short commutes but starts getting uncomfortable on day tours. It would be fine if I wasn't so tall (6' 3.5"). If someone brought out a decent seat for tall riders without a ridge I would get it, especially if it also allowed my XL helmet to fit better under the seat!
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

First, I have not been in the PowerbyPcx shop but I have been into a few other shops around Thailand. Here are some of the observations I have had. Many of the aftermarket seats for sale are original factory seats that have been recovered minus the hump, others are made with a smooth seat pan and would not have the hard ridge you are speaking of. Some have the original rubber waterproof seal included some don't. The seat humps can be cut out/removed and additional foam added to compensate for the space (I did this and filled the holes with an epoxy material).

If you are interested in buying one here be sure to ask for one with the smooth seat pan and with a rubber waterproof seal included. I'll try to take a few pictures tomorrow showing the differences in the seat pans.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Lookie, lookie what I just found 8) http://www.billmayer-saddles.com/BMS/ergo/
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

WhiteNoise wrote:Lookie, lookie what I just found 8) http://www.billmayer-saddles.com/BMS/ergo/
My guess is the Airhawk is probably better.
http://www.amazon.com/Airhawk-Seat-Cush ... B001E93U08
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

Here are a couple of examples of the factory and smooth seat pans.
ImageImageImageImageImage

The red one looks to be factory recover job with the factory seal in place. The other has the smooth seat pan and no seal.
depthman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by depthman »

Thanks HawaiiJ!
ron labbe
red 2013 PCX150
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

loudgonzo wrote:
Did you end up going with the seat from power by pcx? I have the same problem as you, removed the hump, added padding and recovered the original seat, but there is still a "ridge" there when i try and slide back a little bit. The following picture is the type 1 seat powerbypcx sells, and looks like this may present the same problem; does this "ridge/edge" the arrows point too press up against your tailbone? or is it far back enough that i could stretch my legs forward without rubbing and riding right up against it?
Hey I will let everyone know in a few weeks. I just ordered this exact same seat yesterday.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o