The Forza 300 development timetable?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

erisaman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015/Forza 300
Color: Pearl White

The Forza 300 development timetable?

Post by erisaman »

The development of the PCX is often quoted in terms of roughly two-yearly increments. Since the introduction of the Forza 300 (2012?) have there been any significant developments through the passing years?
If you don't stand for something - you'll fall for anything.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: The Forza 300 development timetable?

Post by you you »

erisaman wrote:The development of the PCX is often quoted in terms of roughly two-yearly increments. Since the introduction of the Forza 300 (2012?) have there been any significant developments through the passing years?
No. Why mess with mediocrity?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

There's a new model in the pipeline.
Same engine, some different "features"
https://hondanews.eu/eu/lv/motorcycles/ ... -forza-300
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
erisaman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by erisaman »

Thanks gn2, I've followed the new release of the Forza 300 - the slimmed down body looking good - but economics dictate that I'll be looking at a used/old version - one UK advert is for a 2013 with ABS priced at £2795 with 2790 miles (yes, probably a typo by the advertiser) which could be interesting - with no tax and no MOT since April it suggests it's been sitting in the dealership for months - the price of you2's assertion of it being mediocre (thanks you you :o ).

Thank you both.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Wouldn't buy a 2013, you need to be looking at a 2014 or later imo.
Mine was a 2013 and was plagued by multiple niggly faults all of which have hopefully been put right on the later ones.
Also £2795 is far too much for a five year old 300cc scooter even if it is backed up by a main dealer (Hunts?) used warranty.
There's a 2016 advertised for just £100 more in biketrader...
Its a private sale so you get to speak to the owner and get a better feel for how its been used and looked after.

Me, I would have this: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 9169364666
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
erisaman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by erisaman »

gn2 wrote:Wouldn't buy a 2013, you need to be looking at a 2014 or later imo.

There's a 2016 advertised for just £100 more in biketrader...
Its a private sale so you get to speak to the owner and get a better feel for how its been used and looked after.
That's what I'm looking for - thank you - advice as to what to avoid if possible. I've never gone for the first year's production on principle but admit I was tempted by that advert - I've since discovered that, as suspected, it was a typo and the mileage is over 8,000. But even that is not a worry - but it does level the playing field.

I've failed to find biketrader and their Private ad - but I'm interested enough to keep looking. I should have mentioned I'm looking for a White 'un - at my age I can't afford to be 'not seen' o_O .

Cheers .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The 2016 private sale on Bike Trader is a black one. :(
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 6227758766

Black looks ok, but you're right though, white is best.

Here's another thought... https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 7128365805
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

My 2014, now 31,000 kms, has had zero problem.

I wouldn't take any advice from this technically challenged forum's two resident idiots (as stupidly
recommended by one of the morons himself!!!).
erisaman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by erisaman »

o_O :oops: ;) .

Thanks to all quarters.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

My 2014 had a few initial problems. Mine is VIN number 000098. I now have 80,000 km on it.

I believe that the brakes were assembled wrong at the factory and also the forks had no oil when new.

There is a used 2014 available in Langley, BC but they want $5000 which is almost the same as new.

Mine was dropped in a parking lot by the previous owner and our corrupt government run insurance company wrote it off because the plastics had minor scratches. It had 800 km on it at the time.

I enjoy the Forza but you have to realize it is a low powered scooter pretending it is highway capable. I ride it on the highway a lot but I also pull over and let people by. The suspension and small wheels really bounce along at 120 kmph or even 140 with a tail wind. I had a hot tail wind yesterday and got 100 miles per Canadian gallon yesterday for the first time ever!!!

Have fun but don't forget to go to work.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

aguim wrote:My 2014, now 31,000 kms, has had zero problem.

I wouldn't take any advice from this technically challenged forum's two resident idiots (as stupidly
Hi aguim, What is the VIN ending of your Forza? Mine was number 000098 produced in 6/13.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

davenowherejones wrote:My 2014 had a few initial problems. Mine is VIN number 000098. I now have 80,000 km on it.

I believe that the brakes were assembled wrong at the factory and also the forks had no oil when new.

There is a used 2014 available in Langley, BC but they want $5000 which is almost the same as new.

Mine was dropped in a parking lot by the previous owner and our corrupt government run insurance company wrote it off because the plastics had minor scratches. It had 800 km on it at the time.

I enjoy the Forza but you have to realize it is a low powered scooter pretending it is highway capable. I ride it on the highway a lot but I also pull over and let people by. The suspension and small wheels really bounce along at 120 kmph or even 140 with a tail wind. I had a hot tail wind yesterday and got 100 miles per Canadian gallon yesterday for the first time ever!!!

Have fun but don't forget to go to work.
https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/mcd/d/ ... 68880.html

Holeshot Motorsports is a palace of a shop. I live in Seattle and have been there several times. As usual living in British Columbia, has its rewards like lots of rain and expenses. BC= Bring cash is also a side perk.

Come down the street for this one. Bellingham is really close to Langley.
https://bellingham.craigslist.org/mcy/d ... 52986.html

I contacted the seller, he says in one month not one person has taken a look.
:geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

aguim wrote:My 2014, now 31,000 kms, has had zero problem.

Yes, I'm an idiot.
I've bought new model Hondas three times and all three times they had serious reliability isues and/or design flaws and/or manufacturing defects.
Should have known better after the first time.
Now I just pass on my experience and let people make their own minds up.
But me being an idiot isn't why Honda Thailand have a shocking record of problems with their new models.
And the Forza was a new model for 2013.
Even the "technically challenged" know that 2014 is a year after 2013 :roll:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I'm still waiting to see what the new Forza 300 is like when it's hits my dealer's showroom floor. . .. :D

Kawasaki is the only one of the big 4 Japanese marques that doesn't export their scooters to the U.S..

That said I do like what I saw in the link outlined above in the previous response.

I can't understand though why Honda puts the turn signal and horn switch backasswards. From videos I've seen of the new Forza 300 abroad it seems that they will continue with the same switch arrangement as on the PCX. Every time I alternate between machines I have to remind myself of the horn/turn signal arrangement. More than once I've hit the turn signal instead of the horn. Frustrating. Not to be critical but it makes me wonder what desk jockey dreamed up that idea. . .. :roll:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Switch position easily explained.
The switch you use most is placed in the position easiest to reach.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

Hi, Dave,

Mine's VIN ends with 5000330, model year 2014.

BTW I think the water pump oil seal on yours was slightly damaged during assembly (pushing
its shaft through must be done very carefully, for it has 2 different diameters). Things like that
can happen. It takes about an hour to change that seal ( I know, for I had a look at mine @ around
5K, just to make sure everything was right -- after reading an old post from YOU complaining
about this now 75K not-so-lethal leak !!

So don't worry about the shaft, nor the cover needing eventual (?) replacement. But changing that oil seal demands changing the mechanical seal, too. So all you'd need is : both seals plus the cover's
gasket -I wouldn't trust the average stressed out, underpaid teenager-mechanic to do
that right, so...

So okay...should make it to 100.000km, pretty good for a first year lemon, innit.

PS : this forum edit button is bullshit. Can't even get text lines to align, tabarnak.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

PCX rider,

I too HATE that insane left combo switch: need that horn in a hurry, and get killed, hey. Very
brilliant.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

gn2: Your Forza was probably an early one also. Do you have any paperwork with the VIN on it?

Does anyone have a 2016? How high did the VIN go?

I suspect that the Forza is a relatively rare scooter in North America or even Europe. Did they go to New Zealand or Australia? Africa? South America? How about India?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

aguim wrote:Hi, Dave,

Mine's VIN ends with 5000330, model year 2014.

BTW I think the water pump oil seal on yours was slightly damaged during assembly (pushing
its shaft through must be done very carefully, for it has 2 different diameters). Things like that
can happen. It takes about an hour to change that seal ( I know, for I had a look at mine @ around
5K, just to make sure everything was right -- after reading an old post from YOU complaining
about this now 75K not-so-lethal leak !!

So don't worry about the shaft, nor the cover needing eventual (?) replacement. But changing that oil seal demands changing the mechanical seal, too. So all you'd need is : both seals plus the cover's
gasket -I wouldn't trust the average stressed out, underpaid teenager-mechanic to do
that right, so...

So okay...should make it to 100.000km, pretty good for a first year lemon, innit.

PS : this forum edit button is bullshit. Can't even get text lines to align, tabarnak.

You seem angry. And an idiot.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

davenowherejones wrote:gn2: Your Forza was probably an early one also. Do you have any paperwork with the VIN on it?
I bought it in September 2013 so it would probably have been manufactured in the first half of 2013.
Don't have any paperwork, it all went when I traded it.