Tranquility base with a need for speed

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Tranquility base with a need for speed

Post by easyrider »

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Tranquility base with a need for speed

Post by PCX150Rider »

I've still got my Grass Roots "Golden Grass" album. :D

You live in a really great area for casual riding. Awesome. . .!

It used to be like that around where I live but it's becoming more and more like the Hamptons. Busy, busy, busy, everybody is in a rush.

It's the problem with being right off I-95 and having shopping centers and burger joints in town. That alone spells volume in traffic. :roll:

That being said I shouldn't complain. . .. :lol:
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Yes, the country in general is getting more populated,especially in the Northeast of US.Long Island East End was called the sticks at one time now it's a parking lot during in and out rush hours,same with the rest of most metro suburbs these days.Its nice here,for now,but it will change too.Matter of time.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have the same complaint where I live, so I guess it is the price of progress.

Today we took the bikes out for a casual ride. We Had To get past all of the rushing local traffic before we could relax and just enjoy the ride. It isn't the same as Florida beach cruising, but it was nice to get out.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

After I washed my PCX this afternoon I let it dry for a while and then took it for a ride out of town and up some back roads. Had the need for speed. . .but a kinder. . .gentler speed. ;)

The evening critter stroll was just beginning. Got to see a deer, skunk, and raccoon. Gnats were abundant but with the FF on it was OK. :roll:

Had a good time. Was just able to cram $3 worth of regular in the tank and headed back. Seems like it's been a while since I last put gas in it. That's one thing about the PCX. . .always hoping that you guess how much gas it will take when you go to fill up. . .now will that be $2.50 or $3.00 ??? Hope it takes it all this time. PIA to go back in to get the .13 cents it wouldn't handle. :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:After I washed my PCX this afternoon I let it dry for a while and then took it for a ride out of town and up some back roads. Had the need for speed. . .but a kinder. . .gentler speed. ;)

The evening critter stroll was just beginning. Got to see a deer, skunk, and raccoon. Gnats were abundant but with the FF on it was OK. :roll:

Had a good time. Was just able to cram $3 worth of regular in the tank and headed back. Seems like it's been a while since I last put gas in it. That's one thing about the PCX. . .always hoping that you guess how much gas it will take when you go to fill up. . .now will that be $2.50 or $3.00 ??? Hope it takes it all this time. PIA to go back in to get the .13 cents it wouldn't handle. :lol:
FF?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

FF?
Full Face Helmet. . .. Well actually I wore my new modular HJC this time. For common errands I still use my ancient Shoei RFR. This time of year it can be like riding through sleet when the bugs and gnats are about. There are marsh areas near where I live. 8)

100_4373a.jpg
100_4373a.jpg (283.52 KiB) Viewed 333 times
I actually just took a brief ride on the KLR early this morning to see how it would run. It started right up. Haven't used it in a while. Going to start trouble shooting the electrics on it later today and during the week if needed. It is "Father's Day" so some leisure time is in order. :D