Nice lamps & new chairs!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Nice lamps & new chairs!

Post by fish »

Hey, I'm easily excited, OK? This is Ohio.

Nice lamps

He's open! 6:45am , regular as bran muffins.

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Nice lamps & new chairs!

Post by Mel46 »

Nice Tiffany lamps. The originals are hard to find, and most of the knockoffs are made in China.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Makes me think of Paris After Midnight. . .in the rain. . .. :lol:

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

PCX150Rider wrote:Makes me think of Paris After Midnight. . .in the rain. . .. :lol:

Thanks, that's cool.
Fav. screen is at 0:37 in Montmartre.
I lived in Paris all 4 years of highschool. Strict military officer father who wished we were back in the States - as a family we visited the city streets proper exactly 3 times in 4 yrs.
Soooo, I skipped school and walked the streets of Paris many, many, many times! (no idea how I graduated!)
The river, shops, bakeries, E. Tower when I had the francs, museums, parks - it was all amazing. Just a kid but smart enough to know I was in the best city in the world!
Rowed an abandoned, sinking, skiff down the Seine past the Ile de la Cite', those kind of adventures.

I rarely had 10 francs to my name - but bread, lemon pop, cheese were cheap.....and the places and streets were so amazing I never needed money to enjoy it all. Was only arrested one time, for climbing onto the stage built for Chuck de Gaulle to speak from the next day,. Who knew? (lots of assassination attempts on the old boy in those days)
. Busted for skipping twice.
Had the senior prom in the Jules Verne restaurant, 2nd stage of the E. Tower. Class split afterwards - some to the Lido, some to the Moulin Rouge. Sunrise breakfast in Pigalle.

If I ever hit the lottery will move my family back. Now I make do with walking-videos and pix of Paris.

Rain, scooter, Paris.
Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Rain, scooter, Paris.
As they used to say "Far out man!"

Wow. . ..

All my Paris pics are in slides. Spent a week there in April of 1970 on a High School trip. What you describe is totally awesome.

Stayed at a Hotel on Rue Saint Honore near the Louvre. . .if memory serves me correct. I'm really thankful my parents sent me on that trip. I also was able to visit Brussels and Bruges on a day trip by train and bus. To make a long story short it was most excellent.

On a side note. . .I'll never forget the trail of ants I saw crawling up a window at a bakery one day where they had cakes in the window for display. I guess they just brush them off and all is good to go. After all. . .to some. . .chocolate covered ants are a delicacy. :lol:

Remember Maxim's? As I rode by on the tour bus I wondered what it would be like to eat there. Supposed to be quite the place.

Did the river tour and saw the mini Statue of Liberty too among a whole list of other things. Wow. . .what a place. I'd like to do that on a PCX. ;)

If you ever get insomnia watch this . . . totally enjoyable and before you know it you'll be out like a light. :lol:

Lot's of mountain roads and definitely some riding through Paris as well. :geek:

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

PCX150Rider wrote:
Rain, scooter, Paris.
As they used to say "Far out man!"

Wow. . ..

All my Paris pics are in slides. Spent a week there in April of 1970 on a High School trip. What you describe is totally awesome.

Stayed at a Hotel on Rue Saint Honore near the Louvre. . .if memory serves me correct. I'm really thankful my parents sent me on that trip. I also was able to visit Brussels and Bruges on a day trip by train and bus. To make a long story short it was most excellent.

On a side note. . .I'll never forget the trail of ants I saw crawling up a window at a bakery one day where they had cakes in the window for display. I guess they just brush them off and all is good to go. After all. . .to some. . .chocolate covered ants are a delicacy. :lol:

Remember Maxim's? As I rode by on the tour bus I wondered what it would be like to eat there. Supposed to be quite the place.

Did the river tour and saw the mini Statue of Liberty too among a whole list of other things. Wow. . .what a place. I'd like to do that on a PCX. ;)

If you ever get insomnia watch this . . . totally enjoyable and before you know it you'll be out like a light. :lol:

Lot's of mountain roads and definitely some riding through Paris as well. :geek:

Yeah, I watched that last year. Didn't shoot enough of Paris to my mind!
Like my scooter riding - I found Paris best in the early mornings. Street sweepers tooling around....bakeries opening, light traffic and sidewalks clear.
Beside - gave me more time to stroll around before I had to take the Metro back to the school yard for my bus home!
After those 4 formative years in Paris - I did not want to come back to the States. The military sent us home on the USS United States liner. Still, I'd have rather stayed in Paris!
On my high school web site (ParisAmericanHighSchool.com) - classmates of my grad. class still comment on the response they get when someone asks about their high school prom. They whip out photos of stepping out of cars below the Eiffel Tower, the elevator ride and the restaurant. Sure....folks will believe that....
The officer's wives booked the thing 3 years in advance for us. Prom package ticket total was $60.
Of course - being stupid - I have one photo of me and my date on the tower.
"0" pictures of my adventures in Paris. (what kid takes a camera to "school" ;) ?) Did try to take some in the Olympia during a Peter, Paul & Mary concert. Swiped a poster off of the wall outside instead.
Fish