How many miles / km on your Forza?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

How many miles / km on your Forza?

Post by Kompact »

How many miles have you racked up on yours? How often do you change the oil and air filter? Not including the disposables like brake pads, tires, filters, fluids, belts, rollers, etc. have you had to do any major service on your Forza yet?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: How many miles / km on your Forza?

Post by davenowherejones »

75,000 km or 47,000 miles. No engine work, fork seals replaced.

I highly suspect my 2014 Forza came out of Thailand with no fork oil. A one inch bump would bottom out the forks. I had thicker oil put in and it became substantially better.

My VIN ends in 00098 built in 6/13. So it was one of the first ones?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sold mine at 33,500 miles.
Rear brake pads, many sets.
Valve clearances probably never checked.
Left brake switch replaced at least three times.
Final drive oil, coolant and brake fluid never changed.
Many warranty repairs and recalls.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

30,000 miles and still good as new.

2014 model. Based on s/n one of first 50 in North America.

Probably wasted my time doing the fuel pump recall.

Still running the original brake pads. Haven’t needed to fuss with the valves. Just 3 rear tires, 1 front tire, 1 drive belt and the scheduled oil and filter changes so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

About 5,900 USA miles on it. Mainly for entertainment purposes riding and to save money on gas. I drive a Nissan Cube its gets pretty miserable gas 22/23 MPG overall.

Got it used and the dealer changed the oil and final drive for me.
:geek:
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I am 48 , this is will be most last scooter till the day comes when handling a heavy scooter becomes too much for me. The 300s can't be beat for doing it all.
I would love a Vespa 300GTS mainly for its lower weight but I refuse to pay the prices they demand.
:geek:
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

5400 miles/8700 KM on my 2014. No repairs or replacements of any kind, oil changes at 600m/965km and 5200m/8360km. Still runs great.

87112, I used to have a 300GTS, and I don't think it was nearly as good a scooter as my Forza is.

It was cute, though. Gotta give it credit for that. :)

Johnny

p.s. I hope your Forza lasts as long as you predict it will. Could happen !
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

48.300km so far. Changed the water pump three times under warranty (in the first eight months). Refused to change the fuel pump (rejected the recall). No other problems. Had done two major services: 24.000km and 48.000km. Four rear tires, three front ones, two rear brake pad sets (during the major services), still the factory in the front (!), two headlight bulbs, two licence plates (!), no valve check yet, i'm going to replace the clutch soon, saddle doesn't stay up... Oil filter change every 6.000km along with the engine oil and air filter every 12.000km. Some recent photos after taking good care of it (three & a half hours):
Attachments
2014 Honda Forza 300 (7).jpg
2014 Honda Forza 300 (7).jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
2014 Honda Forza 300 (6).jpg
2014 Honda Forza 300 (6).jpg (108.24 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
2014 Honda Forza 300 (5).jpg
2014 Honda Forza 300 (5).jpg (111.16 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
2014 Honda Forza 300 (4).jpg
2014 Honda Forza 300 (4).jpg (107.12 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
2014 Honda Forza 300 (3).jpg
2014 Honda Forza 300 (3).jpg (108.08 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
2014 Honda Forza 300 (2).jpg
2014 Honda Forza 300 (2).jpg (108 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
2014 Honda Forza 300 (1).jpg
2014 Honda Forza 300 (1).jpg (106.48 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

87112 wrote:I am 48 , this is will be most last scooter till the day comes when handling a heavy scooter becomes too much for me. The 300s can't be beat for doing it all.
I would love a Vespa 300GTS mainly for its lower weight but I refuse to pay the prices they demand.
Look at some Kymco 300's and 400's.
Fish
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK, added a few more km, 76657 km. I went from Hope, BC (elev 135 feet) to Allison Pass (4403 feet) to Sunday Summit (4213 feet) to Princeton (2298 feet) and back. To Princeton I got 87.5 miles per Imperial gallon but the return downhill trip recorded 95.1 mpg (imperial). It was a very hot day and the mpg is quite a bit higher than on a cold day (74.8 uphill, 79.8 downhill). Why such a difference? I have noted the same thing before as well.

I had a nice chat with a pretty lady about her Kia Soul all electric car as she was charging it up at Manning Park Lodge. It has a very limited range. She charged it in Hope to 80%. The other 20% takes a much longer time apparently. She was worried it would not make it to the charger in the park. The hills really sucked the batteries big time. She was also worried that it would not make it to the next charger in Princeton because of the hills. Part 1 71 km to the Lodge, part 2 67 km to Princeton. Part 2 is a lot of downhill, I think she would probably make it.

I think the Forza would have easily made it to Princeton and BACK on a tank of fuel. I only used 8.4 litres out of my 11.5 litre full tank. Her Kia was very, very quiet when it left the parking lot. I want one. I should have got a phone number. I am easily old enough to be her father.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

davenowherejones wrote:OK, added a few more km, 76657 km. I went from Hope, BC (elev 135 feet) to Allison Pass (4403 feet) to Sunday Summit (4213 feet) to Princeton (2298 feet) and back. To Princeton I got 87.5 miles per Imperial gallon but the return downhill trip recorded 95.1 mpg (imperial). It was a very hot day and the mpg is quite a bit higher than on a cold day (74.8 uphill, 79.8 downhill). Why such a difference? I have noted the same thing before as well.

I had a nice chat with a pretty lady about her Kia Soul all electric car as she was charging it up at Manning Park Lodge. It has a very limited range. She charged it in Hope to 80%. The other 20% takes a much longer time apparently. She was worried it would not make it to the charger in the park. The hills really sucked the batteries big time. She was also worried that it would not make it to the next charger in Princeton because of the hills. Part 1 71 km to the Lodge, part 2 67 km to Princeton. Part 2 is a lot of downhill, I think she would probably make it.

I think the Forza would have easily made it to Princeton and BACK on a tank of fuel. I only used 8.4 litres out of my 11.5 litre full tank. Her Kia was very, very quiet when it left the parking lot. I want one. I should have got a phone number. I am easily old enough to be her father.
The reason for the increased fuel consumption on cold days is that the air temperature sensor enrichens the fuel mixture to compensate for the lower temperatures.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

glencoeman wrote:The reason for the increased fuel consumption on cold days is that the air temperature sensor enrichens the fuel mixture to compensate for the lower temperatures.
I was under the impression that because cold air is more dense more fuel is required to provide the same mixture?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

One slightly annoying feature of the Forza is that you basically have to replace a rear tire every time you do an oil change at the 12,800 km factory interval. It sounds stupid when stated that way.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Good news though, a tyre is only about £40
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

And if you don't pay attention to your inflation, it wears out even sooner. I only have 5000 miles, but was warned at my inspection this spring that I probably won't pass next year.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Today I filled up with 77383 km on the Forza 300. I did my 6th oil change the other day.

To those who claim you need an oil change every 1000 miles I say bs. The factory interval of 12,800 km is working out OK for me.

I put in cheap Lordco Semi-Synthetic 10W30 car oil since we do not have a wet clutch. The Forza is a low RPM engine. The 10W30 Moly oil the factory wants is not available around here.

I also replaced the front tire again with another Michelin CityGrip. I did it at home. This is the second tire I have personally done.

I am crap at changing tires. I am dyslexic and it takes me forever. YouTube guys say to use Windex as a lube. It just was not working for me.

One guy said to use a fancy expensive tire lube but another guy said a personal sex lube is cheaper. I tried "Trojan Lubricants Arouses & Releases Personal Lubricant." Slippery stuff and I got the new tire on but still with a lot of effort. I am crap at it.

I also had trouble getting the wheel back on. I had the axle partially in and then noticed the spacers sitting in a tub. The scooter was on the centre stand but my 59 year old dyslexic body could not get the brake disc between the brake pads. I took the brakes off the front to put the wheel on.

The spacers kept getting knocked out as I tried to get the axle through. After many attempts I finally got it in.

The front brake pads have 55327 km on them and will last a little longer. The belt is due to be replaced in 500 km so it will been done by me very soon.

I had time for a quick shower and a bagel at McDonalds. I had put Ride-On tire balancer & sealant in the front tire so I did a quick trip up the Coquihalla to spread it around.

So I wonder what I can do with the rest of the Trojan lube?
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

You old pervert.

Good luck with the belt (that's where lousy mechanics screw up).
Well, Anusol should help with the drying up rear pulley !!!
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

davenowherejones wrote: I had time for a quick shower and a bagel at McDonalds.

?
Your McDonalds have showers!? Wow! :D
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

SteveP wrote:

?
Hope McDonalds do not have showers but Hope Subway does!!!

They are part of Flying J Truck stop.

While at Hope Tim Hortons you are lucky if they have flush toilets. They spend almost nothing on maintenance. A table has been tilted broken for months.

The menu monitors sometimes work. There was no hot drink menu for months.

Tims is embarrassing. We should buy it back from the Brazilian owners.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

davenowherejones wrote:
SteveP wrote:

?
Hope McDonalds do not have showers but Hope Subway does!!!

They are part of Flying J Truck stop.

While at Hope Tim Hortons you are lucky if they have flush toilets. They spend almost nothing on maintenance. A table has been tilted broken for months.

The menu monitors sometimes work. There was no hot drink menu for months.

Tims is embarrassing. We should buy it back from the Brazilian owners.
Three Tims in my small Ohio town.
Clean rest rooms and clean seating areas. Cute, polite staff - except for one Knucklehead.
Only gripe is they hardly ever check outdoor tables in the winter...stuff frozen all over on them - I ride my scooter, and sit outside with my coffee, year round!
Cudos to the staff who never freaq when i walk in geared up.
Fish