Big brother for my PCX

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Big brother for my PCX

Post by PCX150Rider »

Cow dung bricks? Uh yeah...No!
Really? Not!
All yours :D
WN - I see your dilemma. Just thought I'd ad some comic relief to Mel's story about someone claiming to own a Harley and perhaps giving him a line of "Bull" about how they could ride.

Well then. . .moving forward. . .perhaps the guy had a new Harley 750 and hasn't had a chance to ride it much yet. . .just guessing of course. You knew that Harley imports the 500 and 750 components from India right? That being said Harley is shutting down the Kansas City assembly plant and opening up a new plant in Bangkok, Thailand. At least according to what I've read recently. I guess the employees weren't too happy about being laid off. :geek:

Here's an in depth review of the Street Rod 750 though. I like the fact it has more ground clearance for cornering and it's liquid cooled. Not sure about the ergos though. ;)

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Ah the Street Rod.
Buy trying to build a good motorcycle (and failing) Harley have just built a bad Harley.
Maybe Harley riders foot Harleys around tight turns because of two things.
1: Harleys weigh a ton and handle like shit
2: Harley riders can't ride for shit
Could be wrong of course as I frequently am.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

gn2 wrote:Ah the Street Rod.
Buy trying to build a good motorcycle (and failing) Harley have just built a bad Harley.
Maybe Harley riders foot Harleys around tight turns because of two things.
1: Harleys weigh a ton and handle like shit
2: Harley riders can't ride for shit
Could be wrong of course as I frequently am.
A rider who regularly rides a motorcycle that weighs a ton and handles like shit, HAS to be able to ride for shit or very bad things will happen.

ie, if you couldn't ride for shit, you wouldn't choose a heavy, bad handling, motorcycle to ride.

:)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I just saw a little motorcycle that said Harley Davidson on its tank. I didn't think they still made any little Harleys. When I was much younger a friend bought a 'little Harley'. I am not sure about the engine size but the bike size was in the range of a HONDA Rebel 250.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I just saw a little motorcycle that said Harley Davidson on its tank. I didn't think they still made any little Harleys. When I was much younger a friend bought a 'little Harley'. I am not sure about the engine size but the bike size was in the range of a HONDA Rebel 250.
You may have seen one of those old Italian Harley's. A Sprint 350 perhaps if it was road or an MX 250 if it was dirt. They also made a Baja 100. Aermacchi made a lot of bikes with Harley.

The Harley Street 500 and Street 750 are about the smallest ones they make at this point in time as far as I know with an Indian manufacturing source.

Do you remember the Harley Topper Scooter?

Harley has a long history of international manufacturing relationships that would surprise a lot of people . . .. :geek: