1st ride in the mountains

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

1st ride in the mountains

Post by Cube »

Unfortunately, the video cam was having issues, but I have a couple stills. Beautiful day and nice ride other than a little pea gravel in places.
Attachments
20180506_mountains2_sm.jpg
20180506_mountains2_sm.jpg (599.09 KiB) Viewed 740 times
20180506_mountains1_sm.jpg
20180506_mountains1_sm.jpg (991.44 KiB) Viewed 740 times
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: 1st ride in the mountains

Post by Mel46 »

What is that scooter behind You? It looks familiar.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion

Post by Cube »

That's my GF's Kymco Movie 150. Her first bike ever!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

What part of Colorado is that? :geek:

I'm guessing somewhere south of Aspen but north of Durango. 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I might suggest that she be careful where she drapes her jacket. Mufflers do get hot. Someone else on this forum mentioned draping his over the back and part of the jacket was burned by the hot exhaust. I have a Tail Box on mine and I am still careful how I drape my jacket over the box.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion

Post by Cube »

@PCX150Rider - The entire ride was in the "foothills" near Denver. Lunch in Morrison, then rode west up to Kittridge, south thru Indian Hills to Deer Creek then Hildebrand Ranch Park and back to town. the pic of the 2 bikes was in Indian Hills, the one with the sign was in the park. Perfect roads for the scoots, mostly 35mph limits and twisty. Still some gravel down in the middle of the lanes in some places, so couldn't get too wild. About 50 miles total according to Google. I attached the route map pic

@Mel46 - she's definitely aware, and it was out of danger. 'Exhausts are hot' was one of the first things I taught her about motorcycles/scooters so she wouldn't burn herself when we were riding 2-up.

Honestly, beautiful rides like this only a few minutes away is one of the reasons I live in Colorado. The GF has the bike bug now, so we'll probably be doing a lot more of this over the summer.
Attachments
Kittridge_Loop.jpg
Kittridge_Loop.jpg (70.15 KiB) Viewed 700 times
megalodon
Regular User
Regular User
Color: pearl blue

Post by megalodon »

nice trip nice shots , hope you enjoyed :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

nice trip nice shots , hope you enjoyed
Megalodon - Hope you were able to avoid those floods I saw in the news yesterday in Turkey. The news clip showed a guy riding on the hood of a car being pushed along with lots of other cars amidst rushing flood waters down a street. I hope he survived. I'll never forget it. One of those hopeless situations you never think will happen. :roll:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

PCX150Rider - The entire ride was in the "foothills" near Denver.
I was near there back in the mid '70's. Rode past Denver on Rt. 70 and headed up into the Black Hawk/Central City region. Also stopped at Golden to take the Coors tour. Went on from there to other places. . .. Did that Eisenhower Tunnel too! 8)
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion

Post by Cube »

Did you rev bomb the tommyknockers? (or toot shave and a haircut)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Did you rev bomb the tommyknockers? (or toot shave and a haircut)
Never got to that brewery.

But some of the other points of interest I visited were Vail, Aspen, Snowmass Village, Mesa Verda, Buena Vista, and the Summit of Pike's Peak. Did it on a Yamaha '73 TX 650A. I can't remember the name of some of the campgrounds but one was near a reservoir (maybe Bonny Lake State Park?) and the other at the foot of some hills that had a lot of wild sheep or goats or something. . .you could hear them through the tree cover.

At that time you still couldn't get Coor's Beer east of the Mississippi River. Now we take it for granted. It's more of a Summer brew though IMHO. 8)
megalodon
Regular User
Regular User
Color: pearl blue

Post by megalodon »

PCX150Rider wrote:
nice trip nice shots , hope you enjoyed
Megalodon - Hope you were able to avoid those floods I saw in the news yesterday in Turkey. The news clip showed a guy riding on the hood of a car being pushed along with lots of other cars amidst rushing flood waters down a street. I hope he survived. I'll never forget it. One of those hopeless situations you never think will happen. :roll:

thank you very much for your kind,

it's aprox 650 km / 400 miles away to me. issue is the state is very comfortable about natural disasters. All time government warned by experts about it but you know..who cares..lately we have eliminations at 24 june..im sure you saw on tv how we don't want this government. they are liar and cheating people and using religion for controllin and seperationg us etc. many politic issues we have here..they wants ignorant, submissive, unqualified, uneducated society. You saw ones on tv, it's just a simple problem really, real problem is our leaders is pretty unqualified and governemnt looks like relative community. Economy is totally broked now. 1 dollar is 4.50 TL around. 1 liter gasoline is 1.5 dollars / 6.24 TL.. Least salary is 1600 TL. it's mean 252 Liters gasoline price is salary equal. My pcx last year i bought , it got 38 TL gas full tank price..now getting full tank is 50 TL..it's mean %25 increased price only 1 year.. and government says us economy about, we increased our power and economy getting better everyday more ..you would believe ? Inflation is increased now around 13 and it will increase experts says so ..But salary is same..Short way to say everythign going bad more and more but our government says everything getting better. Bribery files, smuggling, tax evasion by Erdogan and all his relatives...But he calls himself on tv i'm muslim and God always with us etc.
i didn't wanted to wrote those things but i just want you guys knows real Turkey is wonderful place and really we are good educated people..but unfortunately inside of us have some ignorant and loves to fealty to the government as a "blind" ..Hope someday you guys visit my country and see those beuaties with your own eyes.