Why a WHITE helmet

Riding jackets, pants, boots, GPS, toolkits, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Why a WHITE helmet

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Party pooper! ^^
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

It's a PGR OP01, would get another but discontinued sadly. $36 but DOT approved. And Mr Fish, here in FL we have no helmet laws, I just choose to wear it, so not so stupid.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Heres the front and rear views WN
Attachments
P5190377.JPG
P5190377.JPG (57.43 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
P5190376.JPG
P5190376.JPG (57.79 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
My PCX mod build here..
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank you k2! I like it...I like it a lot! And yes for that price it would've been worth getting another - say in hi viz yell-o?
Ok, let's Not say hi viz yell-o :D

No matter. Not available :(
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Why a White Helmet?

Because it goes with everything! Did anyone say that yet? :lol:
My go to is a White modular Schuberth C3. I switch now 'n then with my Nolan N104 modular Hi-Viz Yellow/Neon/Green (whatever ya'll See it as) and once in awhile sport my White Shoei Qwest FF.
I really really Love Helmets!! 8)
I have a few others and am always looking. I sorely miss a 70's 3/4 lid I had. I was moving at the time and gave it away. Ah well, meant to be.

Go White!!
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by k2apache6.0 »

WN found these, almost the same some slight differences, now has a drop down inner sun visor. Price went up a bit but not much.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1STORM-MOTORCY ... RQ&vxp=mtr
My PCX mod build here..
djbass
Regular User
Regular User
Year: PCX150, 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by djbass »

This season I bought a white helmet - integral motorcycle type with a sun visor, for better protection from the wind and the sun. LS2 FF390 Breaker + pinlock. Pinlock is especially useful when in the morning I go to work and the visor is always clean, not fogged. And the only drawbacks are an uncomfortable clasp on the chin, but the color is white just for PCX :)
1.jpg
1.jpg (33.9 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (32.74 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I wore my 3/4 helmet the other day while riding in 90°F temperatures and it was like being in a sauna! By the time I got home my sunglasses had sweat running down them so bad that I had to put my face shield up and let the wind from my riding blow the sweat off until I could get to a proper stopping point.

I have another helmet that my wife and I refer to as our "summer helmet" but after our accident we parked them in their boxes on a shelf because they don't cover as much as my 3/4, which has a full face shield.

I don't know how anyone down in the southern part of the United States can handle full helmets in the summer.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
djbass
Regular User
Regular User
Year: PCX150, 2015
Color: Pearl White

Post by djbass »

I agree that it is hot in the integral helmet, but my wife insisted that I go out of the city only in it, besides, in Belarus it is rarely hot more than 85F. Perhaps later buy open helmet white color of for hot summer days :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I wore my 3/4 helmet the other day while riding in 90°F temperatures and it was like being in a sauna! By the time I got home my sunglasses had sweat running down them so bad that I had to put my face shield up and let the wind from my riding blow the sweat off until I could get to a proper stopping point.
It's always fun when you get sweat dripping into your eyes. Trying to rub them with riding gloves on is useless. . .even without gloves on it's a challenge. Best to pull over at some point and refresh. Salt stings. 8)
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I am going to try and sell my HJC black helmet on CL now after this thread. Made me notice white helmets stick out like a sore thumb out there.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mel46 wrote:I wore my 3/4 helmet the other day while riding in 90°F temperatures and it was like being in a sauna! ..... I don't know how anyone down in the southern part of the United States can handle full helmets in the summer.
I did! I did! In 90-103 temps in Florida. Very sweaty drippy salty times and Yes it burns!
I learned a lesson the hard way. One must Drink water prior to, during and after a ride. Those were ridiculous high temps! Else you'll face some miserable consequences :( as I did.

Take Note: A 16.9 bottle of water fits very cozy in our "glove bins." Underseat much more. Topbox? Holds even more. Bottle holders available too > No excuses. Drink up! ;)

2011 - me 'n WN#1 (in Florida)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (179.71 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

87112 wrote:I am going to try and sell my HJC black helmet on CL now after this thread. Made me notice white helmets stick out like a sore thumb out there.
I'm HAPPY about that! Cheers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I am going to try and sell my HJC black helmet on CL now after this thread. Made me notice white helmets stick out like a sore thumb out there.
Maybe think about something like this also. The vest pocket on mine is so huge that I can actually carry envelopes in it when I need to mail stuff at the Post Office box. It was designed I guess to fold up the whole vest and stow in a top box or panniers. A bit pricey but great quality and well worth it. It's the next best thing to a Hi-Viz Helmet. 8)
100_4369a.jpg
100_4369a.jpg (288.37 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice vest!
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

Agreed, very nice.
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

PCX150Rider wrote:
Maybe think about something like this also. The vest pocket on mine is so huge that I can actually carry envelopes in it when I need to mail stuff at the Post Office box. It was designed I guess to fold up the whole vest and stow in a top box or panniers. A bit pricey but great quality and well worth it. It's the next best thing to a Hi-Viz Helmet. 8)
100_4369a.jpg
I like it. I can't make out the brand name. Where did you get it?
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I like it. I can't make out the brand name. Where did you get it?
It's an "Olympia Moto Sports" brand. I bought it online from Bike Bandit. 8)

Great quality. Holds up well and is adjustable. Comes in various sizes and a choice of the Yellow or Orange. I think the Yellow is more visible plus there are reflective surfaces.

Here'a a link to their web page. They have a video describing the product as well. . .just click to watch.

https://www.bikebandit.com/riding-gear- ... st/p/48895

I've even used it when I volunteer to help at charity fundraisers. :D
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Nice vest!
Thanks WN!

Nice job with the graphics editing on your pics. Good idea with the water bottle storage too. . .I never thought of that. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

And thank you for noticing, but wait...
did ya also notice that motorcycle without a rider? Weird. I remember sitting and saying..."Am I That Invisible too?"
Nah, it's the heat. I was seeing things (or Not) :D

(Ok, it's late - g'night)