Givi topcase on Forza

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Givi topcase on Forza

Post by 87112 »

Found a mint Givi v46 for 90 bucks on craiglist. It does now really match the bike but come on now 90 bucks! Its 269 new at revzilla. How could I pass it up?
https://imgur.com/NfgYORU
:geek:
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Re: Givi topcase on Forza

Post by montliz44 »

Go for it -- those things work great on a Forza and that monokey system works really well. I have a v47 on mine and it turned the scoot into the greatest grocery-getter ever. Are you getting the mounting plate with it at that price? Good deal!

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I have a 55 liter maxia top case which is huge but looks ok on my fat ass Forza. It rattles and does not always close properly. Operator error???
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 87112 »

Actually that is my picture on the link. Best 90 bucks I have spent in a long time. I would say 46 liters is the just right size for the Forza.
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 87112 »

The scooter was bought with the taller windscreen and mounting plate already on there. 200 dollar plus value!!
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 87112 »

I ended up selling the Givi V46. I thought it affected handling in a poor way and it really did not match the bike.
So I bought a Givi V40, hopefully this one will be lighter and make the bike less heavy feeling up top and back.
Plus I think its pretty good looking. I grew to not like the briefcase look of the V46.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/giv ... xNEALw_wcB
Stormswift
Color: Red

Post by Stormswift »

I got a hand me down givi e470 monolock case. Now the problem is hardware. Revzilla sells the rack but my understanding is that metal plate is not included. Does anyone know where I can get a metal plate for the rack? Even Givi site is not saying if it's included. I emailed them but was wondering if anyone bought a bike specific rack for their Forza and what was included?
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 87112 »

davenowherejones wrote:I have a 55 liter maxia top case which is huge but looks ok on my fat ass Forza. It rattles and does not always close properly. Operator error???
IImage just bought a used 55L Maxia, mine does not rattle but I think it closes rather cheaply for a case that retailed for over 300 a few years ago. I figure buying used Givi cases has no risks. Twice I have bought a used Givi and sold it for more than I paid for it.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

I also have the Givi Maxia 55 liter case on the back of my 2015 Forza 300. I don’t care that it looks too large; I care about ease of carrying capacity. I can do a hack of a grocery run with this beast in place.

And, yes, that darned thing rattles. I fix one rattle with shims or weather stripping and another appears. It’s Italian engineering—functional but always on the verge of breaking down. At least it’s not French.

Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring