Snow problem

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Snow problem

Post by DAB »

Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Snow problem

Post by gn2 »

Riding on empty roads in deep-ish snow is fairly easy, the difficult part comes when you add other vehicles into the mix, at which point it gets much more complicated...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Color: Red now white

Post by 212 »

DAB wrote:A certain amount or just bonkers? https://www.facebook.com/HighLandScoote ... 566299683/
It’s the speed he going that surprises me, defo bonkers
Veni Vidi Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Looks like fun to me. . ..

It doesn't look too bad if you fall on packed down smooth snow or ice. However, if there are any frozen turnip sized chunks of iced up snow in your path it could be a painful get off and give you a severe hematoma from impacted flesh. . .ouch! :o o_O :roll:
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

A colleauge was close to work during the recent heavy snow we had in london and posted a vid on FB on him toppling when going at fairly slow speed on a road that looked ok, but must have ice (1000cc bike, four years riding motorways and across London) and he did not touch the front brake.
He was ok and luckily there was no tail-gater (so often the case in London) - he also had help lifting his bike as it weighs a fair bit.
For the first time in four years riding on my PCX to work in all weathers, heavy rain, winter with a bit of ice/snow, a week ago was the first time I used public transport again for a few days. No point taking chances, it's bad enough dealing with all the a*******s on the road in good conditions.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

he is riding what looks to be a 50 cc something or other. It is low to the ground with short fat tires. Such a configuration is safer in these conditions than a taller skinny tire bike like the PCX. There is a bike called Ice Bear, I think, that I have seen around here. It seems to have been designed for winter riding. The PCX is not so designed. But.... I do it anyway! But not on a road that is as iced up as the one in this video.

Here is what you need for those snow runs:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ic ... &FORM=VIRE
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Looks to me like an older Vespa 2-stroke. . .like something from the '60s or '70s. Notice the spare tire mount. 8)