Question to the board...

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Question to the board...

Post by homie »

I want to buy my son for college a Kevlar panel insert (just the panel) So when the backpack wears out you don't have to buy whole new products. These packs and panels (mostly sold out) rate for handgun but not rifles. Not even a brick wall can stop my rifles so where can you get military ballistic quality panels rated for 5.56 and 7.62 rifles?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Question to the board...

Post by Mel46 »

Do you mean a bullet proof vest, like the military has?

https://bulletsafe.com/products/bullet- ... OIQAvD_BwE

Or like the active shooter kit??

https://bulletsafe.com/products/ready-pack
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Is that what you're after homie? Did Mel help you? I'm hoping so.
I can imagine your concern for your son. Children (should be) Are every parent's concern.
However, you know where this Forum stands on anything to do with guns, rifles, weapons etc...it's a no-no. So, on that note I will stretch that rule a bit and give this thread a run just for today.
I will Lock it come end of day.

Not my rule(s), but We Must Abide by them to Play Here.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

homie wrote:where can you get military ballistic quality panels rated for 5.56 and 7.62 rifles?
eBay
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Got it, thanks
This one looks great! Wear it, don't wear it, keep it in the dorm room or put in a backpack. The campus better not bitch about him having one or they will meet with some concerned parents. They can either put for a dedicated armed security office on campus or back off and let the students protect their vitals. This isn't rocket science, harden the school campus and the mentally ill cowards will go elsewhere.

https://bulletsafe.com/products/bullet-proof-vest
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

To stop a .308 round (7.62) that’s pretty significant protection - how heavy / expensive / bulky would something like that be ?
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

What a sad state of affairs.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I find many parts of OP's post to be sad....and inappropriately placed on a scooter forum..
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

It is sad that the world has come to this, and we can discuss the possible solutions all day, but in the end all of us just want safety for ourselves and our family, whether we are in one country or another.
It is just sad that there are real threats of any sort in places we all use to consider safe. When I was growing up we use to be able to safely walk to the corner store to buy some candy. Now we wouldn't think of allowing our kids to do that. We have to wonder if it is just a sign of the times, or did our generation do something wrong that started things rolling on the way to all of this discord. :-/ ...and why does anyone think it is ok to take out their anger on the innocents?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Its not the world, its just the USA.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

As population grows so too will the loonies. Its now a violent culture that has permeated ours and most other free societies.Not going away.. sooo the answer is to be prepared and wary at all times. The school solution is simple but so many make it complicated. All they have to do is have one ingress and egress point with a security presence checking . No phones and no metal entering the school just like the airport screeners have. Harden the rest of the doors for fire egress only and that's it. Arming Miss Mc Gilicutty is nuts.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

Mel46 wrote:It is sad that the world has come to this, and we can discuss the possible solutions all day, but in the end all of us just want safety for ourselves and our family, whether we are in one country or another.
It is just sad that there are real threats of any sort in places we all use to consider safe. When I was growing up we use to be able to safely walk to the corner store to buy some candy. Now we wouldn't think of allowing our kids to do that. We have to wonder if it is just a sign of the times, or did our generation do something wrong that started things rolling on the way to all of this discord. :-/ ...and why does anyone think it is ok to take out their anger on the innocents?
No, it's not a sign of the times. There are many many places in the world, at this same time, where it is safe for kids to walk to the store.

It most certainly does not have to be like this. And it's most certainly not the same in most other free societies.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Gn2, i do remember bombings in London. I also remember the plane that was bombed over Lockerbie, Scotland...so no, it is not just in the USA.

Easyrider, we have some of those types of schools here in Atlanta now, and we have armed police officers walking the halls. It has helped. Maybe other schools should consider this before arming a teacher who does not want to become an armed agent of the school system.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

I remember the last school shooting in the UK, in the country GN2 lives in. It resulted in our ban on hand guns.

We shouldn't give up, wrongly assume that this is how it has to be, and then have to respond accordingly.

I accept that the USA is a unique environment and culture, and that how things look from within are very different to how they look from without. And I accept that this leads to several reasons why there's very little that can be done from without to change things.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:Its not the world, its just the USA.
gn2,
I'm sure you understand that there always have been large numbers of Americans who deride the NRA for refusing to push for a ban on the purchase of military style semi-automatic weapons.
More Americans are increasingly ridiculing supporters of the NRA..and teenagers are refusing to keep silent about the idiocy of this free-fire zone of a country.

Sitting in a closet listening to your classmates being mutilated by an AR-15.......can make you angry.
Fish
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

getting tired of reading this ...... just sayin ......
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

Cops sitting outside while children are being massacred should make you angry.
Politicians and celebrities being protected by firearms while our children are "protected" by a "Gun Free Zone" sign should make you angry.
What criminal obeys laws or signs?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I doubt many Scottish parents ever wondered where to get body armour for their children in the wake of the isolated Dunblane incident.
The absurd situation which prevails in the USA is extremely unusual.
Interesting statistic, you are more likely to he a victim of gun violence in the USA than in Afghanistan or Syria.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

fish wrote:
gn2 wrote:Its not the world, its just the USA.
gn2,
I'm sure you understand that there always have been large numbers of Americans who deride the NRA for refusing to push for a ban on the purchase of military style semi-automatic weapons.
More Americans are increasingly ridiculing supporters of the NRA..and teenagers are refusing to keep silent about the idiocy of this free-fire zone of a country.

Sitting in a closet listening to your classmates being mutilated by an AR-15.......can make you angry.
Fish
That's good to hear. The thing is, over here it's hard to gauge the balance in the US, what with Trump's trumpeting and the noise of the NRA overpowering the other voices.