Anyone Have Any Experience With a Honda Fit (a.k.a. Jazz)???

When weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Anyone Have Any Experience With a Honda Fit (a.k.a. Jazz

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes the Kona, that's another one to consider.
But now I'm not so sure about downsizing. Damn, I just can't seem to let go of my Ridgeline. Love the stability, the wide stance/platform. Well broken in and peppier than the day I bought it (2006). Not a gas guzzler either,... well to some it might be. Problem is it's really time that "I make that change."
Yes age plays into this. Retiring sheds light on many things that were once in the dark. We now time things. When to buy and what to buy. We look at finances differently to. "I" do. To cut to the quick - There's more to it. Period.

I'm now leaning towards bigger than Fit, Kona, HRV, etc. I Want comfort. A semi quiet cabin, A louder than purring exhaust and definitely Pep!! Want to sit high over the wheel and have great visibility.
Shoot, No need to go on and on, ya'll know what I'm drawing up here.

So on that note, I get an email yesterday to enter for a test drive of the New 2019 Honda "Passport." Funny that took me by surprise! How did I overlook this? :roll: The Passport? Hah! What comes around goes around.
Keep yer oxfords and penny loafers folks! Ya just never know :lol:

Anywho, now I'm interested in taking a look at the Passport (Sport Edition). Pricing and Release date: Early February 2019

Wah-da-ya think about that ^^ 8) ?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Yes age plays into this. Retiring sheds light on many things that were once in the dark. We now time things. When to buy and what to buy. We look at finances differently to. "I" do. To cut to the quick - There's more to it. Period.
WN - I know exactly what you mean!

Nice choice . . . I've always liked Honda cars and SUVs. The Odyssey is a great van also.

One thing for sure is this ain't no rehearsal. ;)

Again, sorry about the loss of your Mom.

Getting older makes you look at the horizon and focus more on living in the "Now". It's getting closer every day . . . just not sure how much closer . . . so screw the math and physics and rock on!

Get what you want . . . live the dream. Just put something aside for a rainy day in case things don't improve after the next election. :roll: o_O :lol:

Seems like yesterday this was on the old Zenith . . .. ;)
Oldie
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 19 SH300
Color: Red

Post by Oldie »

He he....great TV 8)
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

If I could afford to buy a new vehicle, I'd definitely buy a Fit. Reason being is that it's the cheapest self-driving car.

Unlike other vehicles that have lane-keep assist technology, the Fit and CR-V will both keep you CENTERED between the lines for minutes at a time. With all the other safety tech they're offering for less than $20k out the door, it's really a no brainer.

Pretty sure it has to do with the Fit's sharp stubby nose.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

At least it doesn’t have frameless window. I’ve been locked outside my car for three days now as the doors are frozen shut :roll:
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

The Fit Sport (manual 6 Spd.) has impressed me so much since I've owned it I have to say, IMHO, it's huge on satisfaction and light on the budget. ;)

It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff it will handle capacity wise . . .. I even got a toboggan into it just on a hunch it would fit. :o

The direct injection liter and a half is more than enough to make one grin. The sports car feeling is there. It's small . . . it's light . . . it's not a burden to own or drive or park.

What a great sound system! What a great in dash screen display. Ports for your needs . . . accessible both front and back. 8)

If you need to secure/tie down stuff during transit there are 4 places you can secure a line to (with the rear seats folded down). :geek:

TBH, when I see an expensive SUV or exotic sports car in traffic, I can't help but laugh to myself knowing that for so little I'm having so much fun. :lol:

Cheers to Honda for staying with the Fit and making it such a great car with features and utility that are tough to beat and yet so affordable. :D
100_4672a.jpg
100_4674a.jpg
100_4675a.jpg
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i have a 2018 fit when i took my van in for state inspection i was able to fit my bicycle in the fit had to put the front seat down but it fit
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

i have a 2018 fit when i took my van in for state inspection i was able to fit my bicycle in the fit had to put the front seat down but it fit
Yeah. . .the longer I own it the more I like it. I do miss my Jeep for the convertible top down rides and 4WD off road or snow stuff but having owned if for 15 years I got my use out of it. Lot's of fond memories with the family too.

When I was looking to replace the Jeep I wanted something that would be versatile, economical, and yet reliable. Sort of a "Swiss Army Knife" mobile. I found that the Fit met those needs and the newly designed ones were even better. Honda put the real knob back on the radio display, improved the suspension, and tackled the problems they had with water leaks.

The other day when I bought a new ladder (which measures about 5.5 ft tall in the folded position) I was able to get it in the car with no problem. Having that front passenger seat folded down really makes a difference and I had plenty of room to spare.

As I've heard others say it's like having a "Mini Mini-Van". :D
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

My HR-V -which is same power train as the Fit- does not have enuf power to be smooth and powerful, the whole segment is like this- 147 hp is weak, imo.....next car is going to be a Kona at 180hp.....but Honda puts the civic turbo engine in the Fit and HRV next year , so that might work too.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

My HR-V -which is same power train as the Fit- does not have enuf power to be smooth and powerful, the whole segment is like this- 147 hp is weak, imo.....next car is going to be a Kona at 180hp.....but Honda puts the civic turbo engine in the Fit and HRV next year , so that might work too.....
I researched the HRV also since I kind of liked having the 4WD at my disposal with the Jeep but at the end of the day I realized that since I'm retired I could pick and choose when I wanted to drive and didn't "need" the 4WD anymore. So I went with the Fit and saved a few bucks. But I got the Sport version because I wanted a more powerful radio, manual, and cool trim. 8)

I have to say that the Fit has more than enough power for me.

It red lines around 7K and with the direct fuel injection 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are very "here and now . . . hold it until it screams . . . then shift" so by then it's time to level off and just get to 4th and 5th and enjoy the ride. I basically only use 6th on the Interstates.

Long story short having the standard gives me more control and since it's only FWD (with traction control) there's less vehicle weight and drive line power loss. I've average over 40 MPG quite often on longer trips . . ..

I may have posted this video before but this guy really wishes they put the Civic SI engine in the Fit also but at the end of the day realizes the Fit is still a lot of fun "as is" in the manual version.

If you get the Kona or CRV or something post some pics. . .. :D

Go to 11:25 in this video to just cut to the chase so-to-speak about the driving characteristics. Worth a watch. . .. Hope Honda is listening to his request for that SI engine. Grin material for sure. :lol: