New PCX 2018 tire size

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: New PCX 2018 tire size

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:When it was time to change my front tire recently I thought about the new sizes and tried to find them online.
Michelin City Grip 100/80 - 14 front tire size sounds great, but no one has them in stock, it seems. So I went with the default size the mine takes normally...90/90 -14. Well, at least it has Michelins on it. I will probably sell the bike long before these new ones wear out.

My wife is already talking about selling hers, since she hasn't put more than 20 miles on it since her accident in 2015. I have put most of the ride miles on it since then. It rides beautifully, and runs great. Still, how long can someone swap between two identical bikes before wondering if it is worthwhile?

I hate to say it but if she hasn’t got back on in three years then it’s unlikely to happen....
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New PCX 2018 tire size

Post by Pcxdemon »

Just recently I've bought city grip 110-80/14 for the rear, it made no adverse difference in speed performance but handling has improved slightly. Next ill get 120 rear and shift 110 to the front wheel as the front is due to be replaced soon so that should be a nice tire raise upgrade.