New humpless seat just arrived

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

philvb
Regular User
Regular User

New humpless seat just arrived

Post by philvb »

The humpless seat that I purchased from http://www.powerbypcx.com just arrived today. I have to say that I am impressed with the quality! Not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it just yet, as I think I have become accustomed to the current stock seat. :? Considering I shelled out over $170 for the seat itself and shipping to Idaho, I'll need to figure something out. Just wanted to post the photos of the seat itself, as promised.
Image Image
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New humpless seat just arrived

Post by WhiteNoise »

That looks Really Sharp Phil! I hope you'll give it a worthy try before you decide. Ya know, It will look even better on your scoot, a keeper appeal :) You could switch 'em out when you want?
I'm trying to figure out the material used...textured vinyl? Is it non-slip? Do you know If they used S.S. staples? More or less foam than stock seat? Did the mounting line up ok? Same as stock....or better?
It's good to read that you have gotten comfortable with the stock seat, but a shame that you're now in a quandary over the newbie :| Good luck & thanks for sharing with us.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

only takes a couple of minutes to switch (undo the 2 bolts and seat pressure switch-you may not have the switch on the US model), so give it a try and see which is best on a long ride!
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

WhiteNoise wrote:That looks Really Sharp Phil! I hope you'll give it a worthy try before you decide. Ya know, It will look even better on your scoot, a keeper appeal :) You could switch 'em out when you want?
I'm trying to figure out the material used...textured vinyl? Is it non-slip? Do you know If they used S.S. staples? More or less foam than stock seat? Did the mounting line up ok? Same as stock....or better?
It's good to read that you have gotten comfortable with the stock seat, but a shame that you're now in a quandary over the newbie :| Good luck & thanks for sharing with us.
Taz wrote:only takes a couple of minutes to switch (undo the 2 bolts and seat pressure switch-you may not have the switch on the US model), so give it a try and see which is best on a long ride!
If it weren't raining today, I would give the new seat a try, but I don't relish the thought of removing the old seat and putting the new one on in a downpour. Tomorrow's weather looks to be a bit better, so will give it a whirl then.

As far as your questions: I think the material is a textured vinyl, meant to simulate carbon fiber. See the pictures below.
Image Image

I'm not verse on different staple types, so I took two pictures of them, not clear if they will help you figure out what type they are.
Image Image

The spot where the hump use to be appears to have some cushion added, but I can't really tell. It could be just that the material covering it is very taut. It looks and feels like they used the same cover material to go over the holes where the hump attachment went.

I will post before and after pictures, hopefully tomorrow, if the weather is decent. A friend of mine also made a suggestion that I get the new seat recovered in black leather. Wonder how that would look....and cost!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks a much neater job than mine tbh
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Does the custom seat have less room underneath it, or same as stock?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

qed wrote:Looks a much neater job than mine tbh
I bet these guys do hundreds of these seats a year, at least. With those numbers, trial and error alone would eventually result in a job well done.
maddiedog wrote:Does the custom seat have less room underneath it, or same as stock?
They both appear to offer the same amount of room underneath.

I swapped the seats today, took less than 5 minutes. The U.S. version of the PCX 150 does not have the seat pressure switch. Just had to simply remove the two nuts holding the stock seat on, then put the new seat in its place, and fasten. I also removed the foam rubber gasket on the stock seat and put it on the new seat. I have to say that I really like the streamlined look of it. Below are before/after pictures, as well as a short video. (Please pardon the dirt on the scooter, it does have two coats of wax, but the I rode it in the rain this past Friday.)

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Here are the detached seats, side by side.

Image Image

Short video:
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Does the new seat change the seat-to-ground height at all? I would love to find a seat that would be about two inches lower to the ground. I'd gladly give up interior storage for a lower seat height.
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

that looks great :)
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

thats looks good but cant justify to part that much money for one.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Indyglow wrote:Does the new seat change the seat-to-ground height at all? I would love to find a seat that would be about two inches lower to the ground. I'd gladly give up interior storage for a lower seat height.
It really doesn't seem to change the seat-to-ground height. Just a heck of a lot more comfortable.
V4 TRV wrote:that looks great :)
Thanks!
Cracksta wrote:thats looks good but cant justify to part that much money for one.
I admit, I probably spent too much on the seat. The only saving grace is that it looks great, quality is really good, and the ride is roomy and comfortable.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Excellent B4 & After photo's and you gave us a video too! Seat looks awesome on the scoot and it does appear to fit snugger than the stock (profile pics). When you ran your hand over it I could hear the texture of the vinyl, Not smooth. That's a good thing! I can't tell from the photo about the staples but no matter, I'll bet they're S.S.....why would they skimp on them when they did such a fine job with the rest? Another plus, is you get to switch them out whenever you want Or you can make adjustments anytime to either one and Still Ride.
Good job Phil, enjoy it. One certainly doesn't have to wait too long (all of 5 mins.?) to crack a beer when the deed is done! My kinda mod ;) cheers!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

WhiteNoise wrote:Excellent B4 & After photo's and you gave us a video too! Seat looks awesome on the scoot and it does appear to fit snugger than the stock (profile pics). When you ran your hand over it I could hear the texture of the vinyl, Not smooth. That's a good thing! I can't tell from the photo about the staples but no matter, I'll bet they're S.S.....why would they skimp on them when they did such a fine job with the rest? Another plus, is you get to switch them out whenever you want Or you can make adjustments anytime to either one and Still Ride.
Good job Phil, enjoy it. One certainly doesn't have to wait too long (all of 5 mins.?) to crack a beer when the deed is done! My kinda mod ;) cheers!
Thanks! :)
gse123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gse123 »

Looks great!
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »