Helmet trick

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chappy99
Year: 2013
Color: white

Helmet trick

Post by chappy99 »

Some might know this, if you are getting a lot of glare from the sun and your sun glasses give you the i am on acid effect you should try this.
If you wear a ball cap this is the same as having a bill on your cap.
As you will see in the pic it is just electrical tape.
Just trying to give something back for all the good information, you know us Canadians :)
Attachments
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG (29.99 KiB) Viewed 645 times
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Re: Helmet trick

Post by eggman »

my helmet has a built in tinted lens that you can put down or up
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

eggman wrote:my helmet has a built in tinted lens that you can put down
his does too o_O jk :lol:
Hey, you need that viewing area on aggressive postured bikes but for sitting up straight and perky on a PCX... that could work.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My helmet has both a clear full shield and a tinted half shield. I also have prescription wrap around sport sunglasses. Down here in the southern part of the United States the glare is horrible. Without good sunglasses your eyes get hammered.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

My Nolan has a built in tint drop-down.....however a piece of blue painter's tape applied across the upper shield for those into-the-low-sun rides is 500% better than any tinted shield. Blocks the sun, and still gives you an untinted look at those dark cars on side streets, or items & cars hidden in the in the shade.
Try it, you'll see.
Been doing it for 4 yrs.....carry a roll of painter's tape in my top case. Pop it on when needed, remove when you get home.
Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

my helmet has a built in tinted lens that you can put down or up
X2
Some might know this,if you are getting a lot of glare from the sun and your sun glasses give you the i am on acid effect you should try this.
If you wear a ball cap this is the same is having a bill on your cap.
As you will see in the pic it is just electrical tape.
Just trying to give something back for all the good information,you know us Canadians :)
Thanks for letting us know. I am "all ears" to find out about cheap fixes to the challenges of every day life. :geek:

I can be "cheap" beyond belief when I need to be. Flashes of genius occasionally pop into my brain. . .like here's one. :o

We had a drought in my area last year and are just getting over it now. . .reservoirs RTN. I backed off on filling the bird baths. . .hoped they'd find another source. That being said I noticed that my air conditioner was dripping water constantly on my deck and over time it could expedite rot. So for a "win win' situation I put a piece of styrofoam under the drip hole of the air conditioner to let the drips fall further away from the side of the house and then I put a big plastic container in place to catch the "free condensate water" for the bird baths. Works like a charm and the birds keep coming back for more. I only need to empty it twice a day. Plus the deck is dry! :D
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by Smaug »

My dad did that on his old helmet. I thought it was so dorky. But it works!

The reason that space is left clear is for sportbikers who are leaning way forward and who will be looking through that part of the shield. But us scooterists don't need it.

One tip for next time: put the tape on the INSIDE of the shield, and it will look cleaner and be more weather resistant too.
-Jeremy
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have not noticed the sun shining down through the top of the helmet when I have the tinted shield down as well as the clear one, but it is possible. It certainly would not hurt to carry some painters tape if you do a lot of riding in the summer sun.
If you put duct tape on your clear visor, you may have a problem later on when you want to remove it. That stuff really sticks, and the glue is difficult to get off. If you put painters tape on the inside it should work fine without having a problem when it comes to removal...and it would be invisible to others.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers