2015 Honda PCX150 Black Metallic (Performance information)

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black Metallic

Re: 2015 Honda PCX150 Black Metallic (Performance informatio

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Latest updates. New rack and 30l top box installed. Installed a drink holder (sideways) to handle bars for a new JBL Flip4. Added an extension to the Leo Vince exhaust to move sound away from riding position. Turned the extension outward as well. I will get a new phone holder as the one I use has a habit of tossing my phone out with hard bumps or jolts. I use a 3mm to 3mm from phone to JBL. I can hear the JBL even at 55-65mph be it windy and exhaust loud. Images coming soon. New tire is perfect (Mich City Grip 100-90-14) and new front will be next as the sidewalls are showing cracks (I do not trust that).

Took a long trip in Sept with no issues (image above in previous post) then went on a benefit ride with my American Legion Post 60. Had a H-D Glide rider compliment me on the lil scooter/bike as I held my own. Been a great year and looking forward to next year and filming. Had a grandson born in May so all my focus has been with my new lil man..... that Pa Pa love. I keep him every other week while his mom and dad (my son) work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MF ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NV ... UTF8&psc=1
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Water-Cage-L ... /654350757

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
2015 Honda PCX 150 (K-18)
Metallic Black
Leo Vince GP Corsa Exhaust
NCY Variator Kit and Drive Face with 18g rollers
Givi Windscreen D1136T
2 Wheels Down Head on a Swivel
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

New info. I bought a can of "Boostane" and put .50oz in a fill up with 93oct prem. fuel. So far so good. Less throttle and even on a bad windy day I hit 72mph gps into the wind (4 Feb 2020) here in South Carolina. Fuel millage dropped but that was the head wind. This spring and summer I will do a few long runs and checks to see if it is worth it in the end. Boostane is supposed to increase the octane level using a chart. I set mine up with the .50oz to make it between 97 and 98 octane. I may go higher but I wanted to make sure the 153cc could take it before I break it lol. Boostane will not absorb water or fall out of suspension even after the can is opened. I hope to get a gear change this year (wishful thinking) to lower the rpm as well as play with rollers again. 18g stock rollers are working fine and the 13g rollers wore out fast so I am thinking a middle ground. I may go with a cone filter the remove weight and see if the airflow for top end works better.

I have to say this thing is a blast for me over the past two and a half years. I have ridden it every month since I bought it. New rear tire is looking good so far (MCG) and now need to do the front. I will also play with air pressure front and rear to see what works for me and rolling resistance. The 30l top box/trunk is holding on strong so far. I still want to do more mods but funding kills my ideas lol. Chime in and have fun....

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank you for your update, it's filled with glee and enthusiasm. Love it! Keep on enjoying ;) and please Be safe
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thank you for your update, it's filled with glee and enthusiasm. Love it! Keep on enjoying ;) and please Be safe
Thanks WhiteNoise. My biggest issue has been my health (R.A.) and it drives me crazy at times. Weather here in South Carolina can be 71* today then 45* the next day. It plays the devil with my R.A. I am trying to round up funding to do some more mods (just to give me something to do besides watching the walls). I drove 108 miles Tuesday and the wind had me all over the place. Yeah I will be safe for sure. Thanks again....

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Attachments
Trip image.PNG
Trip image.PNG (245.73 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

If they put you in charge of NASA there would have been Honda dealers selling ATVs on Mars by now! :lol:

Thanks for sharing the PCX upgrade notes . . .. :geek:

Watch out for those wind gusts and cross winds when you're out riding.

Tonight on the news they showed a jetliner trying to negotiate 100 MPH winds at an airport in the U.K.. Crazy weather. :roll:
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Old Grinner wrote:If they put you in charge of NASA there would have been Honda dealers selling ATVs on Mars by now! :lol:

Thanks for sharing the PCX upgrade notes . . .. :geek:

Watch out for those wind gusts and cross winds when you're out riding.

Tonight on the news they showed a jetliner trying to negotiate 100 MPH winds at an airport in the U.K.. Crazy weather. :roll:

Being an old Air Force vet I have seen some crazy landings in my time. Yeah wind can play the devil at times. Oh yeah I forgot I have a 9month old grand I keep every other week so that has taken up Pa Pa times also lol. My side kick will know about scooter riding before he does anything else lol. The map I posted I usually take hwy 34 but they are working on the Pee Dee River bridges and that made me take the long route around lol. Be safe have fun and I will post some new info as soon as I get my disabled butt in gear. Sliders and rollers for sure on a test. The NCY variator and face work perfect as long as you keep them cleaned. I saw a post about using spray cooking oil on the shaft to free up the variator slide (less friction) for better response. I may even try it. The new belt is still in the package but not ready for it yet as there is to much meat left on the original for now. My gearing choice will be a 52t from Yuminashi when I get the funding. I do not plan on the final drive change until an overhaul and BBK.

Have fun chime in and enjoy the ride team....

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Update:
Dr Pulley 14g sliders ordered
52t gear ordered
13g rollers ordered

Now just have to get ready to do a little work and testing. I ordered the gear and rollers from Yuminashi (Japan) so that will be time to get my focus straight. The sliders I ordered off Amazon. I am so ready for the spring weather to kick in and get some ride time in. I will also be looking into getting a Can Am Ryker 600 with in the next 3 years. I hope to be able to enjoy these things before my mobility shuts me down. smh.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Update:
Scooter/bike was stolen last night. Reported and looking for it. New parts will be here soon but nothing to put them on. See if insurance will cover proper (Had full coverage). If I get enough back and the proper support I may end up with a new Can Am Ryker 600 ACE. I will hunt down a new PCX also and build a BBK street machine. The Ryker (if I get one) will be for the ALRA (American Legion Riders Association). smh Can not win from losing....

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T
Heedehcheenuh
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Heedehcheenuh »

Out of the game. Total loss and still waiting on insurance to do their job. Can not win from losing. I may have some sliders a 52T gear and rollers for sale soon. smh Oh well I tried and some one stopped my enjoyment and fun. Looking into either the Can Am Ryker 600 Honda Rebel or a HD Street 750 (preferred). Sorry team but my fun is over until things finish working out.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Roll on.....
Metallic Black
Givi Windscreen D1136T